Notices

100 lb club

Old 01-20-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Soon2bHotMomma
PS Do many of you have FB?? That is more chatty than this...I saw someone else mention wishing there was a better forum. I'd be more than happy to create a private group for us. Let me know!!
I have facebook, and I'd join a group. The more contact I have with you guys on here the more motivated I seem to stay. I've been real time chit chatting with a couple girls and it adds a lot more accountability to my life. Not to mention its fun to have some new friends.

I've been absent for a few days, and I'm pleased to read that everyone seems like they're doing well, and we have some new faces. Just to check in, I did my weekly measurements, and a few things have gone down, and a few have stayed the same. Nothing's gone up, though, which makes me happy. I have to make sure to really get some good exercise in this week to make up for Sunday and Monday, where I kinda lost control. I'm back on track, though!

I did a fridge cleaning myself last night. My boyfriend, which I think I've explained before, lived here before we moved in together. I just moved into his place, instead of us getting a new one, always kept the condiments on the top shelf. So there was room for a milk carton and one other thing at a time. It just made overcrowding snowball to the other two shelves. Well, I got in there and moved all the condiments to the door, and now all our leftover and my fruit reside where those were, and I can actually get to my salad stuff on the next shelf down without causing an avalance or having to balance crap on top of each other in the door. Its awesome!

I ramble again. I just really wanted to check in and say hi and I hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

I'm kinda new here. I joined back in 2008 when I had Lap Band surgery, but never used the site. I weighed 318 when I had my surgery in February of 2008. My two year anniversary is coming up this February and I now weigh 225. I'm so close to my 100 lb mark and it has been a struggle. I have an appointment with my surgeon for follow-up on February 8th which is a day after my two year anniversary, so I really want to hit my 100 lb mark by then. I'm on track now and should be able to accomplish that goal by next week if I keep up the motivation. Honestly, over the past two years I have not exercised at all to lose the weight and i think that is why it has been such a struggle. I have now started working out atleast 3 days a week and I'm using this site to track my calories and such. It is helping and the support here is nice. I do have a good support system at home and through friends as well. I'm on Facebook and I get a lot of encouragement from friends on there as well.

I'm all for the Facebook Group. I would be glad to get it started. I'm a pro at Facebook. lol. It is my other obsession besides working out now. I'll create it when I get home and post the name of the group here after I create it. I'll leave it open so that whomever is on Facebook can join without an invite. I will name it FitDayFriends. Sound good?
Old 01-20-2010, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

FitDayFriends sounds good to me!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

FitDayFriends on Facebook is now open!
Old 01-20-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

I posted this on another thread, so sorry if its a repeat for some, but I thought I'd throw a dinner idea out here that I decided to try and was pleased with. For 479 calories I had one portion of pan-seared salmon on a bed made of 1 cup plain white rice and 1 cup collard greens, made from frozen to cut sodium and seasoned with onion, garlic and black pepper. It ended up being a lot more satisfying than it first appeared on the plate.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:32 PM
FitDay Member

I am struggling to stick to my diet but I won't give up.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you, carrots! I'm Diane. Everyone on here has been super supportive, so if you find yourself needing to talk or vent or whatever, please post. I know I'm happy to listen, and chances are at least one of us has been through something similar and can offer some good advice. This is definitely one of the hardest journies you can make. That and smoking. Which, I'm probably going to get yelled at for admitting, but I haven't been able or quite yet willing to break that habit. I think if I throw too much change in to the mix I'm setting myself up for failure on all fronts. So be it the weak answer or not, I'm going to get my eating and exercise habits under control to where its not so much of a consciencous effort before I tackle that hurdle. But congratulations, carrots, on beginning the pursuit of health, we're all rooting for you!!
Old 01-21-2010, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

I just bummed my friend's scale, and I'm down 10 pounds from my start goal to put me at an even 300! So that means 20 pounds to my first goal of 280! Its very motivating! I thought my jeans fit looser- I was just attributing it to not having washed them yet.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies! Is everyone doing alright? This board's been quiet for almost a week, so I thought I'd drop a line and see how you guys were hanging in there! Hopefully you guys are just on other boards now! Does anyone have any good news to report? Or any concerns or gripes they need to voice?

I'm wishing you all all the success in the world!
~Diane~
Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Update

Hi ladies,
Too busy yesterday to check in. Down 6.6 pounds in 2 two weeks!!! WooHoo!!!. I just wish it would warm up. I guess I could do Wii Fit. I bought Wii Fit Plus, but have yet to open it. Then there's always the "dreadmill". Just having a hard time motivating myself as long as it is cold outside.

Will check back in soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.