FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   100 lb club (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/41-100-lb-club.html)

dbrinkley80 01-07-2010 05:05 AM

Hey guys!

I was hoping I'd find a group of like minded folks who have a long jouney ahead of them. My name is Diane, I'm 29, and I've got about 150 pounds to lose to really get where I should be. I try not to think about the big number too much, it gets overwhelming. I'm not doing any special diet, just counting calories and making sure I'm getting enough nutrition. I've been doing FitDay for about a month now and I really like it! I don't have a functional scale at the moment- we have two, and they're both dead, go figure- so I weight myself at my friend's house when I find myself over there, and measure myself every Tuesday. I find a lot of comfort in the little victories of half an inch. I don't have a specific date in mind to get all the weight off. Right now I'm just trying to hit 285 by the end of March. I do live with my boyfriend, who is supportive, but at 5'10" and about 120, he doesn't quite get it. :) I know this will sound weird, but I asked him once, when I started getting serious about losing weight, if he would still be attracted to me if I got skinny. Part of me realized that it seems like a stupid question, but people like what they like. I was fat two years ago when we met, and if anything I've put on weight since we've been together. I'm sorry, that was probably a bit much for an introduction, I'll warn you in advance, I tend to be a rambler. I'm thrilled to find this thread, and if anyone is interested in talking "live" I'll share my facebook or msn messenger/aim info. Good luck to us all for making the commitment to ourselves to improve our lives! I look forward to talking with you!

Lgrant3393 01-08-2010 12:41 AM

Welcome Diane! Your introduction was great! I can totally relate to the asking your boyfriend if he will still be attracted to you skinny. My husband too is supportive but when I lost the weight last time he seemed different. We will see what happens this time! I also have facebook and would love to add you as a friend and help you on your journey any way I can. Let me know! Lily

Caraleina2 01-08-2010 02:44 AM

where is everyone ?

ok... so we all wanted to chat to help each other.. so where is everyone ? So far I'm doing ok... sometimes its so hard to think about the long term. I have to keep telling myself.. one day at a time... just make it through one day... then go to the next. When I think of having to lose over 100 lbs just depresses me... so.... One day at a time ladies. Are you with me out there ???
Laurie

Pervan 01-08-2010 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Caraleina2 (Post 483)
ok... so we all wanted to chat to help each other.. so where is everyone ? So far I'm doing ok... sometimes its so hard to think about the long term. I have to keep telling myself.. one day at a time... just make it through one day... then go to the next. When I think of having to lose over 100 lbs just depresses me... so.... One day at a time ladies. Are you with me out there ???
Laurie

Hi ladies
Can I offer some support as someone who's already lost over 155 lbs? I have roughly 25 more to go. It feels like I've been doing this my whole life and the numbers on the scale my master. It used to be that "good" weigh in numbers meant I 'll have a good day, "bad" ones meant I'm a worthless s***. I had to stop looking for the numerical validation and start seeing how I was feeling...did I have more energy, was I sleeping better, less temperamental and so on. I only weigh myself every 2-4 weeks now rather than 3-4 times a day and I have a lot more peace of mind.
It isn't a diet for me anymore, its the way I live my life.
I hope this helps.

gemini2321 01-08-2010 05:31 AM

Hi ladies

I have a question for all of you! Well, I was weighing 388lbs when I first started. Then I just started watching what I ate, and now im currently 357. I have been their for a few days, and it is bugging the daylights out of me. I have also started doing the low carb diet and absolutly no processed sugars. Im feeling wonderful and have a ton of energy, but after a week of eating just low carb and going to the gym, shouldnt something start to reflect on the scale? Or, could my body be fighting me to keep my weight on because it is used to it. Any ideas? I was losing a few lbs a day if this helps, thanks!

dbrinkley80 01-08-2010 05:52 AM

Hi Lily! And everyone else! Not that I plan on abandoning the forums, but just if anyone wants to and doesn't want to put their info out there, you can find me on facebook under Diane Brinkley, if you like msn messenger my email for that is [email protected] (this is my email for facebook too, that might make me easier to find on it. I don't actually use that email for anything other than for junk, so i don't really check it) and my aim screen name is eloquinravenwing. But how is everyone doing this Friday? Are you looking forward to the weekend, or dreading it? I usually cut myself a little slack on the weekends, so I'm looking forward to it. I am feeling a little guilty about the hot chocolate made with milk I had last night.... with whipped cream :eek: ... and this is why I don't keep anything in the house, cause I know randomly my resolve cracks. I'm a really good baker, which makes me dangerous to myself anyway, since if I didn't buy it, I can always make it. But at one in the morning, I wasn't about to start cooking! And this is why I give myself wiggle room on the weekends, to revel a bit in being "naughty" and prevent a worse binge than some cocoa. So yeah, the weekend, what are your thoughts on weekends? How does everyone else take them and their lack of structure on?

dbrinkley80 01-08-2010 06:02 AM

@ gemini2321

Its normal to see a big drop at first, and then for it to level off as your body adjusts to the new diet and exercise routines. The healthiest thing for anyone is to lose 1-2 pounds a week. A good way to rev up your weight loss when you plateau and stop losing all together is to change up your exercise routine. Do a little more intense cardio, like if you use a treadmill, raise the incline or speed, if you use weight training, up the weight, reps or sets. Your body acclimates very quickly to change, so throwing something new in there is a good way to shake it out of its placidness. If your gym offers group classes, try a new class. But don't be surprised that if no matter what, you never see the level of weight loss you saw your first couple of weeks. I always used to hate when my mom said it, but its true, just remember that you didn't gain the weight in a few weeks, and you're not going to lose it all in a few weeks either. Make sure you don't starve or overwork yourself, just keep plugging away at it, and it will happen slowly and surely.

Krystene5 01-08-2010 08:45 AM

Hi! New here and I am looking for a place I can find support. I have 5 beautiful children from 4 pregnancies. With those 4 pregnancies came the weight. My husband and I did weight watchers for a while but it got so expensive that we had to drop out of it. I struggle with making myself eat so I am in starvation mode. I have 100 pounds to lose and I have been trying to lose it by myself but seem to do better with others to talk to. I would love to be smaller by summer. I know I wont be at my "perfect" goal weight by then but I would like to have lost about 15 pounds. I hope to get to know a few of the ladies here. Thank you for reading this!!

Krys

kolipoki79 01-08-2010 09:38 AM

Hi all! My name is Christina and I am 30 years old. I need to lose at least 100lbs, but haven't bothered to look at a scale in forever. :confused: I can tell just by the way my clothes fit. I lost about 30lbs a few years ago and dipped below 200 and it was great. I even kept it off for a year and half. :D Then I moved cross country and there my extra weight was waiting for me and it brought friends! :eek: So I am going to try again. I fly back East in May for a wedding and would at least like to look semi-decent. Of course, 8 days on FitDay and it looks like every other day. I have the will power of a gnat! I hope to go to the gym at my apartment tomorrow and actually pursue physical activity. I am also going to be living off Smart Ones for at least two weeks to help my mind adjust to the portion size. One of my biggest problems is that I am an inconsistent eater. So I may go a day without eating because I am busy and then binge the next. Ugh! Well here is to a new year, new start!:)

gemini2321 01-08-2010 05:38 PM

you know, my mom says the same thing! Tonight I added another 10 minutes of the stepper and another 10 minutes of walking. I only do weights around 3 times a week but am going to see the trainer on monday so I will be talking to her about it. until then, I definetly will mix it up. Thank you for your imput! :) I can relax for a bit now.