Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Motivating myself to exercise every day, eat VERY healthy & give up caffiene >

Motivating myself to exercise every day, eat VERY healthy & give up caffiene

Notices

Motivating myself to exercise every day, eat VERY healthy & give up caffiene

Old 04-20-2011, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivating myself to exercise every day, eat VERY healthy & give up caffiene

Hi,

I'm new and reading around I couldn't see a thread that was exactly what I was looking for, so I thought I'd take a chance and start one.

I'd like to keep my focus on being positive on pushing myself to exercise every day, avoid temptation and focus on eating yummy healthy food, and work on cutting down caffiene gradually.

I've been on a plateau for about 6 weeks now, and have about 15kgs (34lbs) I'm trying to loose.

Goals.

1. Exercise every day and enjoy pushing myself to become fitter every day.
2. Eat VERY healthy food. 75% fruit and veggies, and keep toxic food to a minimum.
3. Drink 3L of water a day
4. Cut back on coffee (currently 5 a day!)

-----------------

What I will do tomorrow.

1. Start cutting back the caffiene in every one of my coffees, and substitute half decaf.
2. Drink 3L of water
3. Avoid having chocolate things in cafes! How? Tell myself it's just for today. I just have to get through today.
4. Go for a long fast walk \ jog in the morning. Take DD to school, walk \ run 1hr to do errands at HR.

Weight Today: 70kgs
Coffees: 5
Bad food: 3 servings
Old 04-20-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck on giving up caffeine... I was addicted for years (Pepsi Max - full taste, no sugar, and I'm sure it had EXTRA caffeine) and the withdrawal headaches every time I tried were a nightmare! I finally managed it in the last few months, and now I can convince myself to drink water instead. I sincerely - and seriously - hope that you don't have the same problems I did.

Good luck with all your goals
Old 04-20-2011, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

You might try the 7-day motivational thread. It starts new every Monday morning and all the posts look similar in nature to yours.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:05 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks I might give that a try!

Re giving up caffiene - I too have been an addict for years, but managed to give up several times (before and during pregnancy). Full headaches, and so vague - I've had to be pulled off busy roads!. The only way I gave up previously was by gradually cutting it down, making my coffees with less and less caffiene to decaf ratio, and then eventually switching to rooibos tea. (BTW, rooibos tea is a great alternative, as you can drink it with milk so you still feel like your having something a bit thicker than herbal tea).

I know have a medical condition, premature ovarian failure, and very poorly functioning adrenals. I often wonder if my years of caffiene abuse may have contributed.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

You are very strong in giving up caffeine! I have a lot of weight to lose but have decided that if I can't lose it whilst drinking coffee, it is not worth it! It is my only vice. I am also at the start of my journey.... The thought of giving it up when I'm at the stage you are, is scary!
How have you gone this week?!!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Plateau/motivational help

I had to copy and paste ur post so that I'd remember everything to say--lol. I was also plateau'd and very VERRRRY frustrated Sooo, I took my friends advice and started the P90x program and OMG I cannot be happier with the results!!! I make myself get up extra early to do the routine of the day because it elevates my mood for the day and gives me natural energy. I also found a product by Bolthouse Farms called Green Goodness that helps me get my daily dose of fruits and veggies. (13 servings of fruits and veggies in 8 oz)!! It's kind of like an apple-juice type of V-8. except it's green. As far as limiting caffeine, that, believe it or not, will get easier as your eating habits do. For me, I discovered 2 very negative impacts of too much caffeine: 1) I get hungrier than usual 2) I get angry a lot easier #2 is odd VERRRRRY odd for me so I am very careful to watch my intake! I'm a water freak so my only suggestion there is to try the new Mio flavor enhancers that are out-yummy

Treats---well, we cannot deprive ourselves completely of everything! Try the 3 muskateers truffle crisps also yummmy and oftentimes hits the spot! i know the longer I deprive myself of sinful foods, the more focused I become on that food and hen I overindulge! NOT GOOD! Therefore, if I want a small treat, I enjoy it (actually, I budget it sometimes in my daily food log) *LOL*

Best of luck, and if you do P90x, you'll know what I mean by "Bring It"!!

I'd like to keep my focus on being positive on pushing myself to exercise every day, avoid temptation and focus on eating yummy healthy food, and work on cutting down caffiene gradually.

I've been on a plateau for about 6 weeks now, and have about 15kgs (34lbs) I'm trying to loose.

Goals.

1. Exercise every day and enjoy pushing myself to become fitter every day.
2. Eat VERY healthy food. 75% fruit and veggies, and keep toxic food to a minimum.
3. Drink 3L of water a day
4. Cut back on coffee (currently 5 a day!)

-----------------

What I will do tomorrow.

1. Start cutting back the caffiene in every one of my coffees, and substitute half decaf.
2. Drink 3L of water
3. Avoid having chocolate things in cafes! How? Tell myself it's just for today. I just have to get through today.
4. Go for a long fast walk \ jog in the morning. Take DD to school, walk \ run 1hr to do errands at HR.

Weight Today: 70kgs
Coffees: 5
Bad food: 3 servings
Old 04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Those are fabulously written goals and will get you to a healthy body for SURE! I recently gave up coffee and pop cold turkey. tough road... but feeling much much better now.

I am just getting started on being organized and yes... MOTIVATED!!

So I will check on your posts for your success and will hopefully shortly be posting a little sucess of my own. i will watch for you tips as well!!