Notices

Should I go to bed hungry?

Old 02-20-2010, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Should I go to bed hungry?

I'm REALLY hungry and having that low blood sugar feeling, but have "maxxed out" my calorie goal for the day (1400). I'm worried that I'll slow my metabolism or not be able to sleep well b/c I'm hungry. Usually I wake up and work out first thing before eating as well and I think if I go to bed hungry I'll just have to eat more before I work out anyway.

Any advice?
Old 02-20-2010, 03:33 PM
FitDay Member

A cup of hot broth has virtually no calories, and will take the edge off your hunger, and the warmth of the broth is soothing just before bedtime.

If I need to take the edge of my hunger within an hour of bedtime i will go for a hot drink, the broth, hot apple cider, or even an herbal tea will usually help me.

Hope that helps!
Old 02-20-2010, 05:29 PM
FitDay Member

I'm not sure if it is good to do, but I sometimes do this on purpose.

If you go to bed with food in your stomach, it just sits there in your body, causing a slight weight gain. Going to bed with an empty stomach causes the opposite effect.

I usually don't feel the hunger when I am fast asleep.

I hope this helps, especially if you're a heavy sleeper!
Old 02-20-2010, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

what i do if i have hungry and want to sleep just drink some tea , our i try to get a snack like tomato's cumcumber . Mostly i try to make some room in the things i can eat and search for food whit low carb's our law fat what dieet you on at . Than you now if you have hunger you can eat that
Old 02-21-2010, 12:18 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Hi monn...

Try this (it works for me.):

Pour a small mug of skim milk and sprinkle a little nutmeg on top. Microwave it for a minute or so. Sip it slowly around 20 minutes before bed.

The amino acids (tryptophan, primarily) and the lactose are activated to help promote sleep, plus, it takes the edge off your hunger. As a bonus it's yummy, too!
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

One idea is to have a half cup of fat free cottage cheese one hour before bed. The whey protein in it burns very slowly which will help you have more energy for your workout on an empty stomach in the morning. We're talking about 70 calories here. But you'll need to experiment to see if this slows your weight loss. I've been doing my cardio on an empty stomach first thing in the morning for years and used to feel shaky before adding the whey protein. Another option would be to factor in the evening cottage cheese in your daily nutrition quota. Many "diet" plans suggest an evening snack, so long as it isn't a starchy carb.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KimmyRocks
Try this (it works for me.):

Pour a small mug of skim milk and sprinkle a little nutmeg on top. Microwave it for a minute or so. Sip it slowly around 20 minutes before bed.

The amino acids (tryptophan, primarily) and the lactose are activated to help promote sleep, plus, it takes the edge off your hunger. As a bonus it's yummy, too!
Hi kimmyrocks

Oké but i do atkins so i only can take full milk , but i am going to try it do you no so how muts carb's that is ?
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Are you really hungry or are you thirsty? Many ppl confuse the two.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by monnikjuh
Oké but i do atkins so i only can take full milk , but i am going to try it do you no so how muts carb's that is ?
1 cup of whole (cow's) milk is 146 cal, 13 grams of carbs, 8 grams fat and 8 grams protein.
Source: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Milk, whole, 3.25% milkfat

There are lots of places online to find nutritional break downs of food, including fitday (this site), by the way. If you're going to stick to Atkins, you'll need to find reliable sites to look things up.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KimmyRocks
1 cup of whole (cow's) milk is 146 cal, 13 grams of carbs, 8 grams fat and 8 grams protein.
Source: Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Milk, whole, 3.25% milkfat

There are lots of places online to find nutritional break downs of food, including fitday (this site), by the way. If you're going to stick to Atkins, you'll need to find reliable sites to look things up.
That is what Kimmy, I look primarily's forum, Atkins.com and have recently also a carbohydrate and nutritional value of Gi bought, it says how many products each contain carbohydrates ... know more site that can help an Atkins diet (low carbohydrate diet)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.