Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-15-2011, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, I finally met Bob Harper on a cardio demo video at MyTrainerBob.com | Bob Harper from The Biggest Loser Looks like a day of a life prison sentence at hard labor would be a day of rest and relaxation compared to THAT!

I see what you mean about the UPS guys. My UPS guy is old, fat, and ugly--nice guy, but not even close to being a hunk/hottie/whatever you younger people call it.

Oh, I was right about burning more calories with Sweatin' to the Oldies than with my walking at the park or my aerobic walking DVD. MapMyRun has a category for gym/dance aerobics that calculated 50 more calories for me than half an hour of my walking.

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand: I have a whole "playlist" of Zumba videos from youtube that I like to cue up and do for 45-an hour. I should send you the links!?
Old 04-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Lindsey, you just have to put your mind to it. Today I'm already at 66.7g. Just don't temp yourself by having a small bite of something that you know you shouldn't. It also helps knowing that it a few days I'll be eating everything under the sun and probably take in 400g of carbs.

almeeker, I'm up for the challenge but tomorrow I will be gone all day boiling crawfish for the hospice foundation. I'll be leaving my house before 8am and will be lucky to get back by 9pm, but I will post something. Maybe I can post up a pic of me boiling crawfish with a purple pimp hat...

Health & Fitness
1) 65g carbs/ day 51.9g, 38.0g, 49.2g, 60.0g
2) +/- 500 cals for the week -173, -507, -166, -60
3) floss 7x yes, yes, yes, yes
4) Daily:
Vitamin - yes, yes, yes, yes
Fish Oil - yes, yes, yes, yes
Magnesium - no, yes, yes, yes
5) work out 3x no, yes, no, yes,
6) 1400 pushups 100, 200, 250, 250

Non Health & Fitness
1) Make money no, no, no, no
2) smile more & bitch less yes, yes, yep, yes
3) have fun boiling 20 sacks of crawfish for the Hospice Foundation (Saturday)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie and quinn: Looks like you both managed the scale, good job! And it seems like you're both still alive, woooohoo!

almeeker: Holy crap, sounds like you have a handful with your DD. Seven years old! Sheesh. She sounds a lot like my sister when she was 7. Terror of New England, that one. I think the protein shake is a great idea. I don't think you should punish yourself too badly for being a parent to a child that's acting out - though pushups aren't a bad thing.

Mern: I'm lucky that I've had some really decent employers that haven't taken advantage - it's more family and friends, really. But thank you for the very sweet compliment Maybe no one has themselves really figured out. The more that I know, the more I realize I know nothing at all, isn't that the saying?

And hey, smushing Jillian's head is very satisfying And thanks! I feel good about my goals this week.

Your Richard Simmons escapades have brought me BACK. We used to have "Sweatin' to the Oldies" at my school as an "alternate" workout for the kids who didn't want to or couldn't do the "main" gym activity. I had a busted ankle my senior year and I usually couldn't do volleyball or tennis or badminton or whatever they were doing (too much running) so many days when I was 17 years old, it was me and Richard in the workout room, sweatin' to the oldies. I wasn't supervised, but I really did do the exercises as best I could.

Good luck at the fish fry! I hope you have a lovely (and healthy!) time

jj: SNOW?! Crapola. Someone shove old man winter out of the sky, already. Sheesh. party pooper. I hope it clears up really soon for you!

Mike: If my vote counts at all....I would vote YES on that picture! Have a fantastic time at your event tomorrow.

Weekend Accountability!! I am so in. This weekend should be relatively easy for me, though there is a cookout lurking on Sunday, and I'm fairly certain BF is planning on marinating some teriyaki chicken for me. There will be buns, and there will probably be some sort of mayo-based salad. I'll have to plan myself judiciously and DEFINITELY work out in the morning.

Also...I MUST work out tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday!!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand: OK, I'll send them when I get home tonight! - got 'em all stored on my ipad, which I set up in the kitchen and have a mini-Zumba-thon while making supper haha! I have the same problem with dogs underfoot - it's like they want to dance with me! - chew sticks seem to keep them occupied, at least for a few precious minutes!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM
FitDay Member

and Mike: I still find that count amazing - I'm always at like 50 g by breakfast alone! - and that's without crap food too! Argh! I think I am going to have to resign myself to the fact that I am meant to carb load...it's just the way I operate.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by lnbrock
and Mike: I still find that count amazing - I'm always at like 50 g by breakfast alone! - and that's without crap food too! Argh! I think I am going to have to resign myself to the fact that I am meant to carb load...it's just the way I operate.
when low carbing, my breakfast has little to no carbs.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, you did pretty darned good on all your goals this week--especially on the pushups! Way to go!

Terri, don't you need to update your current weight in your signature? "The more that I know, the more I realize I know nothing at all, isn't that the saying?" Yup, that surely does apply to ME, so it must be true for everyone. LOL Wow, I'm surprised you could do even a modified Sweatin' to the Oldies with a busted ankle. Good for you for doing that at age 17! Thanks-- we had a great time at the fish fry--sat with two former co-workers/current golf buddies and one of their wives--the other wife is out of town. They're all our age and really fun to be with.

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone, just checking in to keep the thread alive. Hope you all have had a great day, despite snarky seven-year olds and lurking cookouts!

Zumba-thon during dinner sound like too much fun. Last Thanksgiving when I was in charge of stuffing (10 loaves worth of bread...20 panfulls...takes forever), I just put in the iPod and danced at the stove. Hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, right?

Mern, it is the inside out method of Bob's, so I guess you got a look. Only I call him something besides "Bob" during that DVD.

Mike, enjoy the hospice function tomorrow, and your crawfish. Hope you aren't getting the rough weather coming our way. We've had a tornado watch up for a while now; warning was issued on the other side of our county; all the weather sirens went off a little while ago. I always yell, "Auntie Em! Auntie Em!" when they do. The boy got his match in early before the rain, now I'm hoping tomorrow's first one will be delayed so we can sleep in a bit .

Doing well on the food so far today and got the weight work out of the way in the AM before my MIL arrived (Quinn, that and dropping my son at school were the only reasons I was there early!). Hoping to avoid the evening snackies too bad, though I always plan for a couple.

Keep up the great work, everybody!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Wow~all of you are committed to this...that is great. I would like to join in hoping to stay committed with a little help. I have been on this journey since the begining of Jan.2011 but have been a very consistant yo-yo dieter my entire life. I have stayed pretty focused but never seem like I am losing fast enought but guessing I am not the only one. All of you seem energetic and supportive, looking forward to the daily conversations...Happy Friday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.