Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

I also did ok yesterday, but something is really disturbing me. the scale showed my weight @ 127.6 lb on Sunday morning, 126.6 lb yesterday morning and 125.0 lb this morning. is this even possible? i just started exercising and eating right only yesterday after so many weeks of going food crazy!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Behaze- congratulations on the new bundle of joy! Hope it’s a happy healthy pregnancy!
Quinn- It makes perfect sense that your food choices have become your lifestyle, ideally its what we are all trying for but I’m glad to hear it is achievable.
Almeeker- I’ve noticed the cycle but no matter how hard I try to avoid it those bad weather- week long bad choices don’t stop until I get my butt on the scale or notice my pants not fitting again. Getting the gym set up in the house has helped a little so I don’t have the excuse not to “go” but its still tough without the beautiful sunshine coming in.
Mern- sounds like it was a tough night with the bathroom breaks but that half pound seems to have made up for it, good on you.
Lindsey- The bike sounds like a good alternative. Good luck with the consult maybe they can offer up some new recipes

Fitness Goals:
- Exercise every day (walk all 7, plus running, swimming and horseback riding) M: Yes (horse and run) T: walk/jog the dogs tonight
- Keep a 1300 cal deficit M: (-980) T: Aiming for a 1200 deficit
- WATER just keep drinking: M: Yes, T: Yes
- 200 push-ups M:0 T:35
- 500 crunches/stability ball: M: 40 T: 60

Life Goals:
- Spa day Tuesday: Yes
- Finish at least 1 book: half way through
- Get in some quality time with my guy
- When the horse has a little extra spunk cut her some slack she’s still a baby
- Smile more bitch less! (thanks Quinn this one is sticking) M: yes T: yes
Old 04-12-2011, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Behaze, I totally owe you an apology, I completely missed the "little person inside" reference. You see I hear a little voice in my head that says things like "let's get ice cream", "a lasagna would be good" all the time, and I thought you were making a reference to something similar. I'm not blond, but I should maybe get a bottle of peroxide? Congratulations girlfriend!!! Babies are so awesome. On that queasy stomach business I used to keep a sleeve of saltines on the bedside table. They aren't my fave, so 1-3 usually did the trick and I never went over board with them. So you might get something that you can tolerate, but don't crave? Hopefully you won't have that problem too long.

Quinn, do you suppose you could send me a bottle of that "I can live this way forever business"? I still live in a constant state of anxiety that I'm going to wake up in the morning and be right back to all my old habits and fat all over again. On the eating cycles, I'm pretty sure that there is something genetic or biological or seasonal associated with it. I always wonder if my cave women ancestors didn't intentionally fatten up during certain seasons so they could survive cold or dry spells or attract larger/better looking mates. Thanks a pile, my google of "greats" granny!

Mern you gotta love that the scale rewards you for all those trips to the johnny. Well at least it takes the sting out of being sleep deprived, right?

Cassie, I saw Annie's Bunnies at my grocery store. I've never tried them, and I almost grabbed a box and threw them in the cart. But then I slapped my hand back and walked away. Hopefully they move the display before I go back, because now I know where they are....

farah, it sounds like you've gotten lucky and hit the jackpot with the scale. Sometimes if I've been off track for a while, once I get back into my healthy habits, I get a little bit of a honeymoon on the scale.

acameron, you are so making me want to horseback riding. I had a horse when I was a kid and used to LOVE riding, and then I got fat enough that I worried that I was too big to ride without hurting the horse. You are also making my stomach and arms hurt with your workout goals this week.

jjeand, awesome job on the zumba, I've been wanting to try it myself, sucks about your snack though. My kids are learning to ask before they take things now, which is good, unfortunately they've had to gain that habit through trial by fire.

Inbrock, very cool about getting a free consult. In college I used to take advantage of similar offers at the dental school, but I gotta say I only got my hair done at the beauty school once. That was plenty enough to scare me away from beauty college forever. Hopefully you get somebody really good.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-12-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) 65g carbs/ day 51.9g
2) +/- 500 cals for the week -173
3) floss 7x yes
4) Daily:
Vitaminyes
Fish Oil yes
Magnesium no
5) work out 3x no
6) 1400 pushups 100

Non Health & Fitness
1) Make money no
2) smile more & bitch less yes
3) have fun boiling 20 sacks of crawfish for the Hospice Foundation (Saturday)

Terri, I haven't been around much either, sometimes life just gets in the way.

quinn, I was nice to be able to eat at free will. I was nervous about the scale but I'll be okay. You will too, so go jump on it. It sounds like you've had some of my weather out your way.

jj, congrats on the 12 and the medium shirt! After a while you'll get used to water, just keep drinking it.

Mern, I'm glad to see you cracked the diet soda addiction. All your goals look good.

cassie, we all need a break away from being strict on a diet every now and then.

Crimpet, that's good news about the Visa. Before you know it, you'll be back here, pinching tails and sucking heads.

Erin, good job on the 1.5# down! It's nice when it comes easilly.

Lindsey, I also find that being here keeps me accountable. I've slipped quite a bit myself.

Mary, good luck on your deadline.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:57 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, thanks--sure WAS a great feeling to see that lower number on the scale this morning. That and your post about being more in control and that your more healthful way of eating has become your new normal has encouraged me to work harder to cut out more junk. Next I'm going to cut my sugar free candy allowance down to one piece per night, BUT try to replace that with a nutritious snack MOST nights. One vice at a time. LOL

Lindsey, except for those pesky carbs, you did great Monday. Congrats on that. It's wonderful that you have a free nutrition consult!

jjeand, my best friend has really slimmed down doing Zumba--she looks AMAZING. I couldn't help but chuckle that DD ate your planned snack. Ooh, congrats on being another pound down! Way to go!

farah, just accept the quick weight loss with a smile. It is said that it take a 3500 calorie savings to lose a pound of fat, but weight is weight. So even if a good deal of your quick loss is water retention letting loose like mine was, it'll make you feel and look better as well as give you a lower number on the scale. Congrats on returning to exercise and clean eating.

acameron and almeeker, I get really aggravated when I have so man bathroom trips during the night sometimes, but when I see that lower number on the scale, it makes up for it.

acameron, wow, you're off to a great start this week! Congrats on that!

Mike, thanks for your encouragement. You're off to a pretty darned good start this week. Whoa, 1400 pushups! I'm rooting for you. Hospice was fantastic when my sister was dying in 2005. So supportive and helpful to her and to our family. So generous of you to devote your time to the crawfish boil!

Last edited by Mern; 04-12-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie: Thanks! I did have a productive day - and I'm going to keep being productive by getting my booty to the gym!

Mern: I'm so happy the scale was being nicer to you today! That's more like it!

quinn: As others have said, I want some of your "new normal" -- I know I still feel like if I'm not careful, it'd be far too easy to slide back. I like my way of eating now, but it certainly still requires more "effort" and conscious thought than the old way! But you're showing us all it CAN be done!

lnbrock: Ooh, I hope your consult goes well, and that you get a good person! Interesting to see what a nutritionist would say...

jj: D'oh! Silly DD. Well, it's okay to have a bit of up-and-down, but that's fantastic with the Zumba!

farah: As others have said, take your pounds and run! Sometimes the scale gives us a little surprise - if it's real, it'll stay. If not, you KNOW you can get there again!

acameron: Sounds like you have such a fun time with all your animals - your life must be a blast!

almeeker: Annie's bunnies!!!! OMG, I love them so much. I actually make BF go down that aisle so I don't grab them. So, so good.

Mike: You're right, sometimes life just sort of happens I need to work on (as a life goal in general) making my life more about ME sometimes, though. Ever get the feeling you're watching your own life go by, and everyone else gets a piece but you?
Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

acameron: now I want to go ride too!! Like almeeker, I used to ride when I was younger, but moving to a bigger city kind of put a stop to that.... We're going to bf's younger cousin's show jumping competition this weekend in Okatoks, which I'm sure is going to make me even MORE jelly of people with horses! ...I need to find some place here to take advantage of....

Mern: thanks for the encouragement - you're right, all things considered, Monday was a pretty darn good day!

jjeand: same thing happens to me (having my snack get eaten). However, it does feel kinda good the next morning to have to go back in fitday and delete my planned calories, and watch my total numbers for the previous day go down!

almeeker: yes, I too have participated in the beauty school stuff and probably wouldn't do so again! But hopefully this works out better than that did! If I learn anything interesting, I'll be sure to share!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, Almeeker and Terri,

Believe me, I still crave chocolate, fries and all things bad. I guess the difference, now, is that I may slide off track for a week or two but I can't imagine myself eating the way I use to every single day anymore. That kind of food is more like a treat for me now rather than an everyday thing. I've been doing low fat for almost two years already. Now, when I eat something really greasy, it just sits in my stomach like a lead ball. To eat that way everyday, like I use to, is just something that doesn't sound good to me any more.

I think the key is finding foods that you really love to replace the old favorites. It's not easy, but there are so many great foods to try and explore. Every week I try something new.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for your good wishes, everyone!

Crimpet, I have been considering your ‘consequences’ for ‘failure’ and have decided I’m coming on board.
For every ‘No’ on my report, I am to do 50 star jumps/jumping jacks – even if the no is a result of something out of my control. Mission Accomplished no’s don’t count, though.

What is an Annie’s Bunny? Is that just a brand of chocolate, or something super special?

Terri – good on you for the good food choices . . . this is why your scale loves you right now!

Mern – I’d take the 1lb in 8 days, too! Well done!

JJ – that’s awesome you felt the effects of Zumba. I’ve never done a physical class, only DVDs, but it is really is a lot of fun. Are your classes weekly, or will you do it more often? And congratulations on another pound lost! These new size 12s you’ve bought are going to be hanging off you soon!

Farah – take what you can get! You’ll have arguments with your scale sometimes, but when you’re on friendly terms, it makes for a pleasant reading.

Almeeker – Maybe you should see Cassie about those voices before they start telling you to burn things down . . . Saltines? I’ve not heard of them. I assume they’re a salty tablet or something? Where would I find them in the grocery store, do you think? And yes, I definitely need something I don’t crave. I have purposely not bought ginger nut biscuits, but there is a bottle of ginger ale in the fridge that my partner uses to mix with his scotch. A cup of that has done the trick over the last couple of days, but it’s not diet and while I’m currently not focussing on losing weight, neither do I want to pack it on with something as unsatisfactory as soft drink.

Mike – I missed your number one non-fitness goal yesterday. It gave me a giggle. I’m assuming it has more to do with obtaining clients than busking on a street corner, but that’s the image I got.

Quinn – the other night I grilled some fish and we had some salad and home-cut sweet potato chips with it. I’d run out of cooking spray, so used a tiny smidge of oil on the pan to stop the chips from sticking and they weren’t eaten. My partner said, ‘they were really heavy and sat in my stomach like a lump of fat’. Wow . . . I literally only used a tablespoon of oil. Only a few months ago we’d have chomped through a family size serving of deep-fried chippies between the two of us and not thought a thing of it. Amazing how quickly the body adapts.
Oh, and when I met him, he was completely unadventurous when it came to food, whereas I was 16 and living by myself, so very poor and making food out of anything I could find. He learned very quickly that if he wanted to eat at my place, he’d try my ‘coffee and sultana damper’ or my ‘rice and lemon juice’ dinners . . . now I look up internet recipes and try to cook foreign foods at least once a week (except through this P90X diet) and they’re welcomed at the dinner table. Though, maybe that’s because it’s not damper made with coffee and sultanas . . .

Woke up this morning feeling great, so decided to get straight into my exercise before taking my boy to school. By the end, I realised I had overdone it, because I was sick and it had nothing to do with nausea. Might have to go for a lower weight next time and perhaps not force the last three. I just feel lazy not giving it my all. On the upside, as soon as I stopped and had a breather, I felt fine again.

I started these yesterday, so only have Tuesday to report so far.

Fitness Goals:

1. Keep heart rate below 140bpm while exercising. ?? Forgot to put on my HRM
2. Take the pram out of my car’s boot and go for a brisk walk each day. No, it rained.
3. Keep water intake at 2L per day. Yes!
4. Enjoy carbs!! Hell yes!
5. Find some alternative for delicious ginger nut biscuits to ease nausea (I’d eat those all day if I could). Ginger Ale - possibly Saltines
6. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per day. 7.5 hours!

Non-Fitness Goals

1. Get everything organised for birthday festivities for 1yo and my partner, who both celebrate on 22nd April. Partner's presents organised.

Tuesday Consequences: 50 Star Jumps
Old 04-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, reading your post made me think of two different kinds of good feelings with food. One is the immediate gratification one, which, admittedly, is pretty good, when you eat something you really love, even if it's bad for you; the other is the feeling of eating what is good for you. Probably both hit your brain in different ways, and it may be a matter of training the second feeling to be more reinforcing than the first. The second gives you a body reinforcement, too, but it's not as quick, though it is a rush of sorts.

behaze, take care of yourself and don't push it. Do what you are able and stay active, but listen to your body also. I know you know that; you're not a newbie at being preggers!

Just an aside, saltines are plain crackers made with white flour with a bit of salt sprinkled on the top. Annie's Bunnies are completely addictive tiny organic crackers shaped like bunnies (they are very very cute). They come in a multitude of flavors...salty ones like cheese and wheat, and graham, chocolate chip graham, and chocolate graham. I like them because they tend not to have a lot of processed and artificial ingredients like many other types of crackers, but they're hard to stay away from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.