Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, thanks for paying respects to my beloved battery. BTW I could go for some chocolate covered butter cream eggs, well actually... I have no carb cravings this time.

Health & Fitness
1) 65g carbs/ day 51.9g, 38.0g, 49.2g
2) +/- 500 cals for the week -173, -507, -166
3) floss 7x yes, yes, yes
4) Daily:
Vitamin - yes, yes, yes
Fish Oil - yes, yes, yes
Magnesium - no, yes, yes
5) work out 3x no, yes, no
6) 1400 pushups 100, 200, 250

Non Health & Fitness
1) Make money no, no, no
2) smile more & bitch less yes, yes, yep
3) have fun boiling 20 sacks of crawfish for the Hospice Foundation (Saturday)

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-13-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn – I love hearing how people grew up, what ‘made them the way they are’, so to speak. I think it’s both amusing and sad that you were looked after by your wealthy grandmother’s hired help and not her, herself. But I guess having that background is what helped you handle your husband’s ‘Godmother’-style grandma!

Mike – dear lawd, I hope your TV remote battery isn’t next! Get a spare, just in case! By the way, I notice your money making goal isn’t quite successful this week . . . may I suggest fishnets?

Mern – I’m definitely one of those who finds out the sex as soon as possible. I’m thinking it’s time for a girl, though I actually like having the house full of boys. However, I’m ready to stop cleaning poop off testicles.

Farah – that’s awesome! Congratulations on your anniversary! Go get yourself some new shorts to celebrate -

Cassie – yes, it will be an exhausting evening. He’s really a good kid, just a big rascal. Doesn’t matter – as long as they have fun and keep the noise down when my bub is asleep, it’s all for the good! Haha – when this kid walked in, he said, ‘your house isn’t like my house – my mum likes to keep everything clean’ . . . I did clean today! It may have been a quick twenty-minute surface clean, but he’s a boy! He’s not supposed to notice such things.
Wow, those eggs your mum made sound both delicious and sickly sweet. I’m going the way of non-food items (got my 8yo Lego), but when the family comes around, we’re organising an egg hunt (everyone brings a small bag of eggs), so I think I’m just going to have to display some willpower.

The boys decided on homemade pizza tonight for dinner and had to play rock, paper, scissors to decide whether it would be made on a mountain bread base or a regular pizza base. Regular won, so I’m having fish . . .

Have a wonderful night/day, everyone – keep to your goals and stay happy. I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600. 1,619, 1,901, 2,355
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 91 min, 26 min, 102 min (total 3:39)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -844, -475, -194 (total 1,319)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (44c/28p), (47c/30p), (45c/27p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO
9. Call the pharmacy. DONE
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 10 push-ups, 10 push-ups, YES
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. 19 bags, No but cleaned the stove top which was a HUGE mess. 10 more bags
13. Order parts for elliptical (added Monday) NO, YES

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

Yesterday was nuts as usual, but very productive. I got a bunch of housework accomplished, the place doesn't look all that much better, but it's cleaner under all the clutter. We took another whopping 10 sacks of clothing to community services. I was doing really well calorie-wise until the kids had their after school snack. One whiff of wheat thins set off a bit of a carb-binge which involved 2 servings of crackers (at least), some Laughing Cow wedges, a pair of apples and a handful of chocolate chips, so I'm thinking to offset that I should attempt grain-less today. On the flip side I did the Bob Harper DVD yesterday morning (my legs are killing me this morning) and then I went on a 2 mile walk to pick DD up from soccer practice, so I still had a deficit albeit a lot smaller than I was planning on.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

You guys are all cracking me up this morning! I couldn't log on yesterday, well I could but it was dragging slow and I didn't have time to wait 3 minutes between each log entry, so I just shut it off and kept a handwritten + mental list. I do not have time to say a cheerio to each of you this morning. As much as I would enjoy that, my DD's are on the verge of warfare out in the kitchen. I need to intervene if I want to save the dishes. Oy!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday report:

Calorie limit 1600 per day 1252, 1569, 1270
Calorie restriction of 1037 per day 1227 with no exercise, 1078, 1377
Carb less fiber limit 25g 19, 21.2, 18.3
Protein target 120g 137.8, 127.1, 132.1

Artificial sweetener packet limit 2 per day 0, 0, 0

Sugar free candy (limit one piece per night) OR a "sweet tooth alternative" 1 piece of candy, celery with NM peanut butter, pure pumpkin puree with cinnamon

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES

Exercise aerobic walking 1/2 hour 6 days NO YES YES
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, Mike and Mern

Great job on your goals this week! Looks like you're all really getting the job done.

almeeker,

29 bags out of your pantry??? Good lord, girl! What the heck's in there? (Just kidding!!!)
The site was super slow yesterday. I had a hard time logging my foods. It keeps logging
me out, too.

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-14-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Back To Discipline Week For Me: Wednesday

* 1200 calories or less until I get hold of myself. Y, Y, 1361 (...over by a ff latte. )
* Daily neighborhood walks, as weather permits. Y, Y, N
* Keep water bottle with me all day long. Y, Y, Y
* Totally eliminate bread, cereals, peanut butter, frozen yogurt and
cheese until I regain my composure.
One piece of cornbread... I had to make sure it was suitable to serve my family, right? One more piece of cornbread. One more piece of cornbread AND a home-made granola bar... ugh!
* Log EVERYTHING! Y, Y, Y
* Multi-vitamin daily. Y, Y, Y
* 3-4 fruits and veggies, minimum, daily. 4, 3, 3

* Finish cleaning vehicles. N, YES!!!
* Finish Prom dress. N, N, N
* Clean and reorganize one kitchen cupboard a day. (Busy work so that I
don't eat while the weather is bad.)
2, 0 (not home), 2
Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Behaze- Please take it easy and not over do it, bring-it to the workout but remember you have a little person asking you to share those calories. Thank you for sharing part of your story, I would say that you have more to be proud of than you give yourself credit for. Vacation or not you live in a beautiful country where you can walk down the road without traffic/pollution/industrialization clogging your lungs. That means more (to me at least) then a week on a beach with a buffet calling my name.
Farahb- don’t worry about getting everyone just glad you’re on here participating!
Terri- Good on you! Congrats on the 25 lbs
Mike- first cheep street corners then death, should we start worrying about you?
Almeeker-10 bags sounds like a busy day again, sounds like you’re really going at it. I was having the same issue with posting yesterday glad it’s back to normal today.
Mern- looks like you’re having a successful week, thank you for sharing the pumpkin puree I think that will be the next substitute!

Sorry for making some jealous with the pony. Like the rest I used to ride/compete/train as a kid, I would always work with the babies as I loved their energy; you never had a boring day. But when my health took a turn 5 years ago I was told I had to stop. Now that I’m back on track I wanted to get back into it but I can’t believe how much the cost has skyrocketed… just wasn’t I the cards until recently when a girlfriend of mine bought a horse and needed some help training her. It’s the best of both worlds, she gets a trainer I get a new 4 legged to love…only thing now is you realize if you come off you don’t “bounce” like you used to.

I never got around to posting yesterday but tracked everything on paper until the site was working for me again. I've been having a hard time convincing my guy to change up the diet, he would live on pasta and pizza if I let him. So the other night I cooked up some Kale to substitute the pasta for dinner with a tomato/meat/veggie sauce and he devoured it. He is now FINALLY asking for that instead he said it didn’t feel like it was sitting on his stomach at night.It was a very long day yesterday up at 6 with the dogs, work 10 hours then to the barn for 2. I must admit fitting in the exercise when the weather is nice and we can be outside and I have the animals “pushing” to get my butt in gear is really helping. I am now at a place where I think I may need them more than they need me. Today will be tough 11 hours at work with meetings and payouts all day I’m going to really have to implement Quinn’s “Smile more Bitch less” mantra.
Fitness Goals:
- Exercise every day (walk all 7, plus running, swimming and horseback riding) M: Yes (horse and run) T: walk/jog the dogs W: dog walk/jog, horse T: jog
- Keep a 1300 cal deficit M: (-980) T: Yes over W: Yes (weekly avg=-1260)
- WATER just keep drinking: M: Yes, T: Yes W: Yes
- 200 push-ups M:0 T:40 W: 30 (total=70)
- 500 crunches/stability ball: M: 40 T: 60 W:80 (total=180) was this really a smart goal?

Life Goals:
- Spa day Tuesday: Yes
- Finish at least 1 book: half way through… no time the last 2 days
- Get in some quality time with my guy: Not yet, we are both studying for final exams doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.
- When the horse has a little extra spunk cut her some slack she’s still a baby: M: Yes, T: didn’t see her W: yes
- Smile more bitch less! (thanks Quinn this one is sticking) M: yes T: yes W: tried for the most part
Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Mike: how do you DO it?! - <40 g carbs in a day! Puh-leeze share your secrets! - I'm failing miserably at that part of my pie chart!

Wednesday report card:

Health & Fitness
1) 170g carbs/ day
M 201 g - I'm finding this harder and harder to hit...sigh.
T 182.6 g - closer
W 231 g - blargh!

2) 1450 cals/ day
M 1429
T 1513 - almost!
W 1559 - not bad...

3) Daily:
Vitamin D, B12
Fish Oil
M - yes! I bought a "pill minder" box at Wmart last night to help with this!
T - yes! pill minder does seem to help!!
W - yes again!

4) work out 5x
M - yes, gym @ lunch plus dog park after work
T - yes, gym @ lunch plus dog park after work
W - yes, gym @ lunch and hot yoga at night
R - yes, dance @ night

Non Health & Fitness
1) Ride my new bike at least 3x
M - no, T - no, W - no. Unfortunately Mother Nature has put this goal on hold for awhile after sending us another 2 feet of snow last night...sigh.
2) "dress up" 2x this week
M - no, T - no, W - no, R - no...but I did my hair?!
3) take the dogs to the park at least 3x
M - yes, T - yes, W - no. This could also be scrapped for the rest of the week due to all the snow...that's what I get for having small dogs with low bellies and little fur....
Old 04-14-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

Inbrock,

Two feet of snow????? Wow. I thought I had it bad with 22 F. temps this morning when I woke up. Thankfully, all of our snow is gone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.