Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

this is all I have to offer...

I accidentally had my camera phone set on "macro" focus, so it turned out blurry. But this is me after consuming a bazillion mg of sodium, sticking my pimp can into the pot. It will be a few days before I get back on the scale.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

acameron - Thanks, I think I need it!

Mike - I'm always up for helping people, it's the only thing that makes my job tolerable - I have a degree but I work in a convenience store 'cos you can't get a job without at least 2 years prior experience in my field, no matter how qualified you are, which makes it a catch 22 if ever there was one. I get my kicks from helping people when they're stuck and can't find what they want, or they need help getting their bags to the car, that sort of thing. I'm kinda the go-to girl when someone needs something they can't find, or they don't know what it actually is they need. I do understand the anti-spamming/soliciting thing tho, I'm the same about promoting anything I do or make (and I make a lot of different things in my spare time) but I'll happily promote other peoples' talents without a second thought, go figure

I do love the design though, so when I have all my gear (printers, digital cutters, dedicated computer, I went nuts for it all at one point) set up and running again I'll at least make myself a t-shirt, 'cos I for one definitely need to smile more and bitch less And some stickers to put on my water bottle for work to help me modify my mood, since they won't let me wear my shades when I'm on shift...
Old 04-17-2011, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Yesterday's numbers are my best estimate. I logged the activity as: 5hrs of volunteer work - standing, moderate (lifting 50 lbs., assembling at fast rate). It was more like 10hrs but the number seemed to high at 10hrs. I did count it as a workout for my goals here. It was pretty damn physical, and I rarely say that.

Health & Fitness
1) 65g carbs/ day 51.9g, 38.0g, 49.2g, 60.0g,95.9g, 216.8g
2) +/- 500 cals for the week -173, -507, -166, -60, -1251, -300 I really don't think I'm that deficient for the week. I think something is up with that -1251 day
3) floss 7x yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
4) Daily:
Vitamin - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
Fish Oil - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
Magnesium - no, yes, yes, yes, yes, no
5) work out 3x no, yes, no, yes, no, yes,
6) 1400 pushups 100, 200, 250, 250, 100 ,0

Non Health & Fitness
1) Make money no, no, no, no, no, no
2) smile more & bitch less yes, yes, yep, yes, yeah, yes
3) have fun boiling 20 sacks of crawfish for the Hospice Foundation (Saturday) yes

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-17-2011 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mike, you could always set up another website for a Chloe' benefit, and we could Google it and order shirts...a lot of folks would be glad to support her!

Thanks for sending. Glad you had a good time at the boil and made good use of your pimp cane!
Old 04-17-2011, 04:42 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Cybervox
acameron - Thanks, I think I need it!

Mike - I'm always up for helping people, it's the only thing that makes my job tolerable - I have a degree but I work in a convenience store 'cos you can't get a job without at least 2 years prior experience in my field, no matter how qualified you are, which makes it a catch 22 if ever there was one. I get my kicks from helping people when they're stuck and can't find what they want, or they need help getting their bags to the car, that sort of thing. I'm kinda the go-to girl when someone needs something they can't find, or they don't know what it actually is they need. I do understand the anti-spamming/soliciting thing tho, I'm the same about promoting anything I do or make (and I make a lot of different things in my spare time) but I'll happily promote other peoples' talents without a second thought, go figure

I do love the design though, so when I have all my gear (printers, digital cutters, dedicated computer, I went nuts for it all at one point) set up and running again I'll at least make myself a t-shirt, 'cos I for one definitely need to smile more and bitch less And some stickers to put on my water bottle for work to help me modify my mood, since they won't let me wear my shades when I'm on shift...
thanks. I also don't what to steal quinn's thunder. I believe that she was the one to start the "smile more bitch less" thing.

I aslo enjoy helping others, I should do it more often.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Behaze- CONGRATS!!!! That's such wonderful news!!! You MUST keep us posted on your babies developement =D

Mike- Awesome T-Shirts lol Think I may just get one made when we return to the USA. Thanks for sharing the crawfish boil pics. I SOOO miss crawfish boils, but looks like we're not moving back to Louisiana due to job location. =/ But, I'm sure we'll be visiting the area a bit due to family. I miss crawfish, potatoes and corn mmmm mostly the mushrooms we'de throw in with the boil cause they'de abosorb all the juices..*drool*

Everyone is doing sooo well!! Hopefully I will get more time to reply individually later. I'm in the process of squeezing this message in while cooking dinner.

I was right about how this week would be rough, but it's turned out more rough than I thought. Between tons of paperwork, researching apartments, jobs, cities, colleges, trying to develop a budget, Preparing projects for my classes for the Lace exhibit, and all the random havok around here I've been having a difficult time really sticking to my goals. I even got a surprise English lesson from a student this week which took up much needed time to finish one of the lace projects my teacher gave me to work on for the exhibit before handing them all in in 1.5 weeks. I still have to finish another one off, so I've got a week and a half to do 2..I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

So, here's my report for this week. I didn't get to weigh myself since my scale is off, and I didn't have time or a reason to run up to the mall to use their BİA scale. I know I lost weight though cause my pants are hanging off my in an annoying but good way lol

Fitness Goals:

Keep Calories around 1200-no higher than 1400, deficit above 800. NYYYYN
Drink 2ltr of H2o daily-NO Sodas NNNNNYN

Raise Protien, lower Fat intake-balance pie chart NNNNNNN

3 Days 30min Yoga, 5 min. Jump Rope, & other exercise-6 days 30min walk.

YOGA-NNYNYNN
JUMP ROPE-NYNNNNN
WALK-YYYYNYY
OTHER-NNNNNNN

Avoid 'Sugar' sweets & Bread-Gluten junk -NYNYYNY

Goal weight loss is 2lbs -Don't know, but possible have

Non-Fitness Goals:

Smile More, Bitch Less/ or else 5 pushups per failure -YYYYNNY
Finish 2nd lace project start 3rd one for exhibit -Yes
8 hours of sleep MAX/ night-no more all nighters -NNNYYYN
Straighten out closet-sort through unneeded clothes -Not this week
Start VISA paperwork- Deffinently Started lol Almost finished filling it out

Next week I'm keeping my goals very simple because we will be running around a lot again. Once we send in our paperwork I may have more time to focus on exercise again before the Interview later. Everyone here is doing great!!
Old 04-17-2011, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Just popping in to say hello. I'm not hiding--I was good on my goals yesterday and today--just have been busy doing other things and haven't had time to read or post on the thread.

I hope all of you are doing great and that you have a great evening. Will talk to you tomorrow.

Hugs--
Mern
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Morning all!

I have spent a while reading through everyone's posts, and got a good dose of the guilts for not signing in over the weekend, even though I didn't actually officially take up the challenge (try to spend time with my partner when he's home, not on the computer).

Totally and completely blew it over the weekend. My poor cold-infected baby had a terrible night on Friday night, wheezing and having some serious difficulty breathing. He finally got a sleep on Saturday morning, then we decided to take him to the hospital to get checked out, make sure it wasn't asthma developing (runs in my partner's family). So woo! - we get free healthcare - but boo! - a 20 minute consultation takes approximately 4 hours, and that's with a baby (they always push babies through first). So my 8yo, my partner and I were completely famished, having not eaten lunch before arriving at the hospital. Upon our exit, we passed a Brodies (don't know if you have these over in America, but it's a chicken fast food place, not as bad as KFC, but not as healthy as home-cookin'), took it home and promptly devoured an entire meal for 6 between the 3 of us . . . and I will admit to picking up the chicken carcass and picking every last scrap of meat off it like a ravenous zombie hunkered over an open skull. I ate the stuffing (I hate stuffing), I ate most of the potato bake, half the peas, half the carrots and could have slurped the gravy right out of the container if I wasn't so grossly full and yet still hungry.

That started my binge. There was a wheel of cheese in the fridge from last time we had guests - my two packets of water crackers are all gone, along with the entire wheel of cheese. Two boxes of iceblocks have been gobbled (not ALL by me . . . but mostly). There is little fruit left in the house. I may have eaten most of a box of museli (granola?), though it WAS with low-fat milk, thankyou very much. Oh, and most of a box of cornflakes and a few helpings of weetbix. I cut hunks of cheddar cheese off the block (this is seperate cheese from the aforementioned wheel) and wrapped it in slices of triple-smoked ham. I got stuck into the white chocolate buttons meant for cooking (I don't like white chocolate). The only thing that really stopped me from consuming everything edible in my house was the fact that most of it needed to be cooked and I was too lazy to cook it. I did, however, grill up some spectacular T-bones yesterday for lunch, perfectly cooked, perfectly tender and the 400g per T-bone was not enough to stop me from eating the remaining pasta salad or potato salad, or eating gherkins right out of the jar, then eating the chopped-up pieces of meat meant for my 1yo after he'd been released from his high chair. I also had several peanut butter sandwiches over the course of those 48 hours, many pieces of vegemite on toast, endless cups of tea, diet lemonade, the left over ginger ale and a lot of milk.

My bub was prescribed ventolin, but the doc can't test for asthma yet, so it's just to ease the wheezing. To measure his weight while in triage, I had to weigh myself, then weigh both of us and I discovered since the last time I weighed myself (two weeks ago), I have lost 4kg, which is almost 9 pounds . I feel pretty confident saying I've put all of that right back on again.

Oh well, at least I didn't do the grocery shopping on Saturday morning as I usually do. And at least everything that's left in the house needs to be cooked, so there is the 'can I be bothered cooking it?' factor to stop me from inhaling everything else.

You're all golden angels with your checking in and your healthy living over the weekend! I'm an oinking weight that's falling right through the clouds. Yeah, all you out there with snow storms and tornadoes, tighten your fox-trimmed hoodies and watch out for that pink thing with the curly tail flying through the sky . . .
Old 04-17-2011, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Behaze, I'm totally cracking up over your post. You know I've been having a bingy day myself, but um, not nearly so bad as yours, at least it hasn't gotten that bad - yet. So your post is actually helping me, as of right now I'm done eating for the night. Thanks for that.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600. 1,619, 1,901, 2,355, 1,290, 2,442, 1,674, 2,083
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y, N, Y, Y
3. Exercise 6 hours. 91 min, 26 min, 102 min, 0 min, 60 min, 55 min, 0 min (total 5:34)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -844, -475, -194, -955, +254, -779, -100 (total -3,093)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (44c/28p), (47c/30p), (45c/27p), (48c/26p), (46c/15p), (45c/26p), (56c/15p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call the pharmacy. DONE
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 10 push-ups, 10 push-ups, YES, YES, 40 push-ups, YES, YES
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. 19 bags, No but cleaned the stove top which was a HUGE mess. 10 more bags. No, had Mr. Screamy Pants today., NO, NO, NO
13. Order parts for elliptical (added Monday) NO, DONE

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

Ugh, I need to do better next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.