Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

Me too..., please!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 04-16-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

got it. I'll this this evening.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Lindsey- 2 feet of snow?! Hopefully mother nature gets on track with spring soon but even so it looks like you are rocking your exercise goals and Im sure the pup appreciates the park visits!

Cassie and Mern- thanks for the encouragement I needed the extra boost today!

Almeeker- I don’t know why but when you mention the vacuumed bagged clothes I just picture unpacking them and clothes going everywhere… or maybe that’s just my basement closet. Way to go on the DVDs pretty soon you will beat those “hotties” in the background. Good luck with your DD, hope the routine adjustment will help with the attitude.

JJ- sorry to hear about snow but sounds like Zumba is keeping you motivated.

Mern- you have done amazing on your goals this week!

Quinn- Kudos on the walk and not turning around and calling for the ride! Glad the fish fry was a success and I hope you made it through the storm safely.

Kim- Welcome!

Mike- Love the shirt!

Fitness Goals:
- Exercise every day (walk all 7, plus running, swimming and horseback riding) M: Yes (horse and run) T: walk/jog the dogs W: dog walk/jog, horse T: walk F: Swim and Horse S: treadmill?
- Keep a 1300 cal deficit M: (-980) T: Yes over W: Yes T: Yes F: barely (weekly avg=-1260)
- WATER just keep drinking: M: Yes, T: Yes W: Yes T: Yes F: Yes
- 200 push-ups M:0 T:40 W: 30 (total=70) T:10 F: 0 S: 10+
- 500 crunches/stability ball: M: 40 T: 60 W:80 (total=180) T: 35 F: 0 S: 50

Life Goals:
- Spa day Tuesday: Yes
- Finish at least 1 book: half way through… no time the last 2 days
- Get in some quality time with my guy: Yes lunch at the local greasy spoon
- When the horse has a little extra spunk cut her some slack she’s still a baby: M: Yes, T: didn’t see her W: yes F: Yes and she was doing great after a few “hiccups”
- Smile more bitch less! (thanks Quinn this one is sticking) M: yes T: yes W: tried for the most part T: Yes F: Yes

Well I finally got back in the pool… I forgot how many extra muscles you use and they are now reminding me just where they are. Honestly though it felt great and Im glad I got to throw in a new exercise to the routine. Pony was great last night I threw her into a really tough situation (shes a thoroughbred and I had 3 other horses in the ring cantering/loping around her) so took a little work but she made me proud. I now have 2 other riders asking if I would consider taking on their horses too. With my schedule now I don’t think I will have the time but nice to know I still have it! Work has been crazy but I’m living the smile more bitch less which seems to be rubbing off on everyone.
I did have a food mishap yesterday I sacrificed my diet to spend a few mins with my guy at lunch. Lots of carbs and “junk” left me feeling really sluggish and gross… I missed my veggies. But today is a new day, we are getting a pretty nasty storm so it looks like inside exercise is going to be the option. Enjoy the afternoon ladies and Mike!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie: Oh, don't get me wrong. 30 Day Shred is a great workout, and I think it gives results on the meausuring tape too. I just hate it - it kicks my butt so hard and it makes me feel super out-of-shape (even though I am...) and I just start cursing Jillian (in the best possible way!!) by the end of it. Actually, I have had a nebulous goal forming in my mind of doing a 30-Day-Shred challenge with myself once I get below 175.... to actually DO 30 days of the Shred, in a row, no breaks except for emergencies. I know it's more of a toning/firming than weight loss thing, and the measuring tape will probably be kinder than the scale, but I think it would give me a lot of pride to do it (on top of some other workouts 2-3 times a week).

Mike: I LOVE the shirts!! Haha!

Kim: Welcome!! Don't worry about the pace of loss - it all goes up and down a little bit. 18 lbs. is great. Slow and steady usually wins the race You should be proud of yourself!

quinn: I hope that nasty weather lets up soon!! I will concentrate today on sending a little bit of FL up north... it's in the 80s today.

WEEKEND ACCOUNTABILITY - (in which Terri is better late than never!)

Friday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising) M: -1,115 T: -1,608 W: -669 Th: -770 F: -991 (Week total: -5,153)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Very light exercise T: One hour HIIT cardio (elliptical) W: Day off Th: The gym was closed! A flood, the plumber was fixing it. F: 45 minutes lifting, 15 minutes non-HIIT cardio (elliptical)
3) Achieve a 30% protein average for the week M: 36% T: 26% W: 25% Th: 31% F: 28% (Weekly average: 29%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 44% T: 49% W: 45% Th: 50% F: 53% (Weekly average: 48%)
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie! M: No T: Yes W: N/A Th: N/A F: Forgot!
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: 80 oz. T: Yes W: Yes Th: yes F: yes
7) Report here each and every day - that includes weekends! M: Yes ma'am! T: Yes W: Yes Th: Yes F: Yes! (well...Saturday morning!)

Other Life Stuff:
1) Clean both bathrooms M-F: No
2) Easter/Anniversary presents for family M: Got the anniversary present out T-F: No
3) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week M: No T: yes, one hour W: No Th: one hour F: No (Weekly total: 2 hours)
4) Don't worry, be happy! M: Totally T: Yessss! W: Mostly-happy counts, right? Th: Yeah, actually F: Yes, even though the Sox break my heart...
5) Finish one chapter of side-project book M: No T: DONE! W-Sun: N/A

Hi guys! Sorry I didn't check in last night I was exhausted.

I had a killer workout yesterday. On ALL of the machines, I either lifted an extra set (6 sets of 10-12 instead of my usual 5) OR did my normal 5 sets, but with an increase in weight. I increased weight on triceps, biceps, leg/calf press, leg curl (hamstrings) and the row machine. Whoooo, my calves, hamstrings, and biceps really feel it today. My back is pretty okay, though, and so are my triceps. The only utter failure was on the last rep/machine of the night (shoulder press) I had compelte failure - couldn't lift the thing at all- so I called it quits there, because no one likes an injury.

Also, huge bonus, the gym was EMPTY. I think a lot of people saw the flooding and assumed it wouldn't be open. It was, they had just moved some equipment (ab curlers) away from the part of the ceiling that was flooding. I felt a bit like a member of the Friday Night Lonely Hearts Club, but I actually REALLY like an empty gym. I feel a little less self-conscious grunting through the reps

I intend to have a low-cal (under 1200) day today in preparation for cookout tomorrow. I also need to hit the gym. I'm pretty freaking sore from yesterday (that GOOD sore that I like though!) but I know if I don't do it in the morning, I won't do it. So I just need to DO IT. And then the bathtubs. I can reward myself with some sewing in a nice, quiet, clean apartment while my boyfriend is at work, and I can catch up on my sewing and watch the Red Sox lose... Days like this, they are rare

~Terri
Old 04-16-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,600. 1,619, 1,901, 2,355, 1,290, 2,129 Went out to lunch with mom and then had waffles and nutella for dinner. OY!
2. Drink 96 oz of water. Y, Y, Y, Y, NO!
3. Exercise 6 hours. 91 min, 26 min, 102 min, 0 min, 60 min (total 4:39)
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. -844, -475, -194, -955, -58, (total -2,332)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 30% or higher. (44c/28p), (47c/30p), (45c/27p), (48c/26p), (46c/15p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. Y, Y, Y, Y, Y

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call the pharmacy. DONE
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Smile more, bitch less and (stealing from Crimpet) 10 push-ups for infractions. 10 push-ups, 10 push-ups, YES, YES, 40 push-ups,
12. Clean out pantry area in basement. 19 bags, No but cleaned the stove top which was a HUGE mess. 10 more bags. No, had Mr. Screamy Pants today., NO
13. Order parts for elliptical (added Monday) NO, DONE

7-Day Challenge:

I challenge each and every one of you to log in over the weekend and report to the thread. I made myself do it last weekend, and although I did go over my calorie budget it helped me to curb some of my random weekend binging.

All I can say in my own defense is that it was Friday. I had my day planned out food wise and I was going to get in an extra workout, then my mother showed up and took us out to lunch. I ordered a taco salad, but it came in one of those deep fried edible bowls, which I can't resist, and I ate more than my share of the deep fried chips they bring before the food arrives. And then dinner was a heavy carb affair, we made pancakes again. Geez the kids have got to get off this kick. It's killing me. And then the private swim coach called in sick, so we stayed home and watched silly movies with the kiddos. I gotta go now, my SIL and I are going shopping this afternoon, she has to buy one of those dresses, the kind the MOG has to wear. Her son, my nephie is getting married in August. The bride is insisting that my SIL wear a specific dress in eggplant. SIL is light blonde, blue-eyed and pasty white, dark purple really draws out the bags under her eyes and the veins in her neck. So today we are on a mission.

Mike, LOVE the shirt, can I get one in hot pink?

I would love to drop a word to all of you, but I need a shower.
Old 04-16-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Weekend report Doing Badly Maybe posting will help me get back in control. I'm babysitting and there is no reason not to control my eating - other than mot being home, being tired, eating what the kids eat - or don't and drinking coke so I don't fall asleep. I'm going to journal the damage so far today and maybe that will motivate me. Lousy weather so we can't play outside does not help. mary
Old 04-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Just a quick check-in; in between matches. Things are so far according to plan, but something about being outside all day makes me really hungry! I've ignored the vending machines, just got home for a quick lunch. Dinner is planned and healthy, but then the fro yo trip will happen...give me strength!

Will check in later...hang in there everyone! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

acameron, it's great that your muscles are reminding you they exist. Proof positive the exercise paid off. Sounds like your efforts with the pony are paying off, too...glad she did you proud

Mary, hang in there, girl. I know disruptions in the routine can throw you off, but it's never too late to start over. Maybe if you can't go out, put on some music and jump around and be silly inside. It'll burn some calories and maybe wake you up a bit.

almeeker, have fun shopping. Hope you find something for yourself as well as your SIL, even a small something you can't resist and that makes you look like a knockout...always a great motivator to get back to the plan. Today's a new day.

Terri, way to rock the gym! I bow to you. Enjoy your down time today and have fun at the cookout tomorrow. You have all the tools you need to handle it gracefully .

Be well, everyone!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Terri, way to rock the gym! I bow to you. Enjoy your down time today and have fun at the cookout tomorrow. You have all the tools you need to handle it gracefully .

Be well, everyone!
Thanks so much! I am SO SORE after today, haha, but I'm glad I got in there. I think I'm going to take a bath tonight in my nice clean bathtub! And thanks - the cookouts are getting easier. It's the sides that usually get me, not really so much the meat. I am planning on measuring out a little container with the amount of sides I'm comfortable eating before I go.

Much better than noshing straight out of the potato salad container!

Go Team Weekend GO!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking in as well. Doing fine with eating (...if I quit for the day now!) Continuing to clean and organize kitchen cupboards since the weather is soooo horrible. Last night's ice storm, turned into todays snowstorm... about 4" so far. Ugh... is it ever going to end?

Organizing the cupboards made me think that I should look at new faucets. Which made me think that I should look at new sinks. Which made me go to Home Depot. Which made me think I should check which underwear I have on in case I end up hanging from the displays. Which made me think of Cassie... LOL

Enjoy your warm weather everyone, if you have it!

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 04-16-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.