Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, sorry I don't understand. "...the inside out method of Bob's"--what does that mean? Yeah, I'll bet you have a name for Bob that you can't post on the Internet. LOL Wow, you're really dedicated to dance at the stove while making 10 loaves worth of stuffing for Thanksgiving! Enjoy your weekend! How long is MIL staying?

Friday Report--posting now so I won't eat any more:

Calorie limit 1600 per day 1252, 1569, 1270 1848 1445

Calorie restriction of 1037 per day 1227 with no exercise on Monday, 1078, 1377, 715, 1252

Carb less fiber limit 25g 19, 21.2, 18.3, only 10.3g, somewhere between 23.7 and 25g (chef at fish fry said no sugar in cole slaw or in cole slaw dressing, but it tasted sweeter to me than usual, so I added a scant 1/2 teaspoon sugar to my carb count just to be honest with myself in case someone added sugar without his knowledge)

Protein target 120g 137.8, 127.1, 132.1, 167.8, 137.9

Artificial sweetener packet limit 2 per day 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

Sugar free candy (limit one piece per night) OR a "sweet tooth alternative" 1 piece of candy; celery with NM peanut butter; pure pumpkin puree with cinnamon; cold, plain, cooked brussel sprouts , no kidding--taste sweeter to me when cold; no candy or "sweet tooth alternative" evening snack because I had 6 oz. of diet soda at dinner.

Water 64 oz. YES YES YES YES YES

Exercise aerobic walking or Richard Simmons' Sweatin' to the Oldies 1/2 hour 6 days NO YES YES 15 minutes YES

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Kim, hi and welcome! I was typing my post as yours went up. Wow! Congrats on your 18 lb. loss so far. I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life, too. Most health professionals tell us to not try to lose more than two pounds a week anyway--is better for us and gives our body more time to adjust to it's new weight. This is THE BEST group-so friendly and supportive. I think you'll love it here.

Logging off now--hope to see you here tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Kim, P.S. Your exercise and calorie goals look great! Kudos on that!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry, Mern, I just clicked on the link you posted with what you saw, and yes, those are the right videos...the Inside Out Method ones.

Hi Kim; we're really glad you're along for the ride! Congrats on your progress; look forward to chatting with you!
Old 04-15-2011, 03:24 PM
Super Moderator

Health & Fitness
1) 65g carbs/ day 51.9g, 38.0g, 49.2g, 60.0g, 95.5g
2) +/- 500 cals for the week -173, -507, -166, -60, -1251 OOPS!
3) floss 7x yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
4) Daily:
Vitamin - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Fish Oil - yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
Magnesium - no, yes, yes, yes, yes
5) work out 3x no, yes, no, yes, no,
6) 1400 pushups 100, 200, 250, 250, 100

Non Health & Fitness
1) Make money no, no, no, no, nope
2) smile more & bitch less yes, yes, yep, yes, yeah
3) have fun boiling 20 sacks of crawfish for the Hospice Foundation (Saturday)
Old 04-15-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Gang!

Had a horribly busy day. So busy, in fact, that I only had one proper meal all day and kind of stuffed all of my calories into that! I feel like a stuffed pig right now. Ugh... My car was finally done today so when the shop offered to pick me up to get it I declined and said that I needed the walk anyway. Little did I know it would be 40 degrees F. with 30-40 mph winds. But, I toughed the mile and a half out like a fool. (Hubby was working out of town and daughter was out of town for a school competition.) I had a jacket with a fox trimmed hood on, pulled tight so all you could see were my eyes and nose. lol The staff there looked at me like I was insane. Walking into 40 mph winds is actually a pretty fun workout. I was surprised at how hard it actually was. lol About 6 blocks of my walk was down a busy highway. I must have looked scrumptious! Hopefully, no one recognized my eyes and nose!

Mern,

Part of Lucky's stable? LOL Only if he has a stable full of 48 y/o horses!!! What a sad selection that would be! As far as age, I loved turning 40. I had no problem with that at all. In fact, I was kind of proud of it. 50 just sounds a lot worse to me, for some reason. Hope your fish fry was awesome. (Mine was!)

Mike (aka: Pimp Daddy),

Have fun Saturday. Loved reading that you had a successful week smiling more and bitching less. (Still say we should have shirts... lol) It could become an international trend... a money maker... we all could be famous... Be safe. The weather in the south looks like what I had last weekend.

Cassie,

Like I said, stay safe. Get the candles and flashlights ready! Hope the weather improves for your plans tomorrow.

Kim,

So glad you're here. Your goals look very sensible and achievable. (And we'll be a thorn in your side if you slack off! lol) Mike has a pimp cane for slackers, you know...

See you losers tomorrow...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quinn, doesn't sound like any of you was visible, let alone recognizable! Glad you made it safely.

Check In:

1. Stick to calorie limit. I'll give it a B, Yes!, Yes, Yes (bumped it higher because of the exercise), Yes
2. Balance pie chart (no specific percentages; just use common sense). Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Exercise 6 days. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Sleep at least 7 hours nightly. Yes, No, No, Yes, Yes
5. Drink 2-3 big blue bottles of water each day. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
6. No impulse snacking! Mostly, Yes (meaning no snacking), Yes, Once- went to say goodnight to my hubby and he had those damn bunnies...so I snatched 7 or 8 of them, about a quarter serving, Yes

7. Clean out purse & wallet and file receipts. Done!
8. Sweep garage. Done!
9. Flowers for front porch. Done, and repotted a big ole' plant in the family room.
10. Make healthy snacks/quick breakfasts/bread for the week and for freezer. Yes
11. Change sheets and towels for MIL visit Friday. Yes
12. Plan meals for weekend. Yes. Had to plan around son's preferences, as he's the one putting it out there in a tourney this weekend, and all I can say is that I might possibly have some teensy, weensy regret over pledging to post my weekend food journal!

Here's the accountability of me posting my food log. Not a lot of creativity and no time to tweak things. But knowing I had to post it did make me think twice about a few things, and hopefully I will continue to do so tomorrow and Sunday. http://s1186.photobucket.com/albums/...ccountability/

Trying to save a few calories because we agreed to take Grandma for frozen yogurt after matches are over tomorrow. I know it won't work to deny it, so might as well plan for it. It's also my day off from exercise, so I hope it doesn't bite me in the butt...

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-15-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Hello Gang!

Mike (aka: Pimp Daddy),

Have fun Saturday. Loved reading that you had a successful week smiling more and bitching less. (Still say we should have shirts... lol) It could become an international trend... a money maker... we all could be famous... Be safe. The weather in the south looks like what I had last weekend.
how's this?

If you like It I can send you the file I created and you can have your local print shop make them up for you. It should run about ~$10 each (price is including the shirt).
Old 04-15-2011, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

A terrible ice storm is just starting to hit our area for the night. I can hear it hitting all of my windows. Think I'll be getting my own candles and flashlights out!
Old 04-15-2011, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

quinn, be safe. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow when I'm enjoying our clear skies and upper 70's. Did you like the shirt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.