Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 4/11/11

Old 04-15-2011, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
quinn, it's my pimp cane, you betta recognize!
Your pimp cane... LOL What a goof ball you are!!! I'm glad you're back to your old self... (emphasis on "old"... you are turning 40 soon, right? lol) I better shut up. I'm a year and a half from ffffff... ff.. fifty!!! God, I can't even say it...
Old 04-15-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I'm coming on here for three reasons.

Number 1: I am having trouble with smile more, bitch less, in fact I am bloody well up to about 30-40 push-ups. Middle DD is a difficult morning person (to say the very least), plus she had soccer practice last night, which means that she had a small snack/dinner before and a very small snack after, so this morning she was really really bitchy, when her blood sugar is low, she's mean as a hot snake. She picked at least 2 fights with each of us. I didn't handle any of it well and ended up spanking her - twice. Not two spankings, two separate incidents of spanking, once because she was in a slapping contest with her sister and the second time because she mouthed off in an extremely disrespectful manner. So that's 20 push-ups for me, possibly twice that.

Number 2: I needed a good laugh after shipping Miss Bitchy Butt off to school, so thank you for that.

Number 3: Remind all of you that the
Weekend Challenge STARTS NOW,
SO DON'T FORGET!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

jj: I'm with Cassie, we've all been there! In fact, I felt like I was "there" for the previous 2 weeks or so! But, just take a few deep breaths, guzzle some water, and move on - this too shall pass!

Thursday report card:

Health & Fitness
1) 170g carbs/ day
M 201 g - I'm finding this harder and harder to hit...sigh.
T 182.6 g - closer
W 231 g - blargh!
R 183.6 g - not bad

2) 1450 cals/ day
M 1429
T 1513 - almost!
W 1559 - not bad...

R 1486 - I think that's close enough to call it though...
3) Daily:
Vitamin D, B12
Fish Oil
M - yes! I bought a "pill minder" box at Wmart last night to help with this!
T - yes! pill minder does seem to help!!
W - yes again!
R - yuppers! go me!

4) work out 5x
M - yes, gym @ lunch plus dog park after work
T - yes, gym @ lunch plus dog park after work
W - yes, gym @ lunch and hot yoga at night
R - yes, dance @ night

Non Health & Fitness
1) Ride my new bike at least 3x
M - no, T - no, W - no. Unfortunately Mother Nature has put this goal on hold for awhile after sending us another 2 feet of snow last night...sigh.
2) "dress up" 2x this week
M - no, T - no, W - no, R - no...but I did my hair?! F - no, sigh. ...but who dresses up on casual Friday anyway?!
3) take the dogs to the park at least 3x
M - yes, T - yes, W - no. This could also be scrapped for the rest of the week due to all the snow...that's what I get for having small dogs with low bellies and little fur.... R - no. F - sort of? - we have a Lowriders Club (aka. weenie dog owners club!) get together tonight, so it's not specifically the dog park...but they will get exercise and socialization, so I'm going to count it!

To "weigh" in (haha!) on the Easter candy situation, I will admit that I am going to need a LOT of help next week - I was already planning on running to the forums multiple times daily for an intervention! The root of the problem?: we're going home for Easter. To make a long story short, 1) my mom is an excellent baker, regardless of the occasion, so there will be cookies and cake galore, 2) bf's grandma is a great baker too, so same situation is true when we go to his parents for dinner, 3) it's Easter, so obviously the candy comes out, 4) both my and bf's birthdays are immediately following Easter this year, so we will be celebrating with family at home next week/end. Suffice to say, this is one HUGE diet trap, and I know I will have trouble resisting....
Old 04-15-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

and i was here to report on my thursdays's????? u people are FAST!
my goodness barely had time to go through all the postings but the ones i did read were really funny, good, inspiring and all other good stuff

Thursday was good, did all but the exercise so that's 2 nights in a row and i better get to work tonight or i else (have to find out what else would be yet. )

My Weight consistently shows at 124 lbs these last 3 days so i guess 4 lbs the real gain i had in the time i was goofing off and that's what i really have to work on to lose. that also means scale honeymoon is over.

Hope you all have a good day today, i will check back later.

Mike i can't see the picture, i wonder why?
Old 04-15-2011, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I was taken advantage of by my employer a lot before my first child was born at age 30--just taking for granted I had nothing to do but go to work during the day and just play around or watch TV all evening. Aw, you're aces in my book. I don't have myself figured out, either--maybe that changes depending on our stages in life? And wouldn't it be nice if we had all the answers? But then if we did, life could be a little boring. That's hilarious about your imagining you're smushing Jillian's head a little on the exercise DVD. LOL You are doing really great on those calorie and carb averages, water, reporting in, etc. Kudos to you!

Sunday is my normal day off exercise, but I also took Monday off this week because I just didn't have the energy. (Yeah, I know some people swear exercise energizes them.) I was going to make myself exercise this Sunday to make up for a second day off, but I decided to give myself a break because almost every day I dread having to exercise--even walking at the park. My daily exercise is punishment enough. LOL Maybe that attitude will change when I join the Y in July--hoping to enjoy classes such as spinning (cycling with scenery on the screen) and step aerobics.

Cassie, best wishes on your food this weekend with the tourney! You did an awesome job this whole week, so keep that in mind even if you're a little off this weekend. Congrats on the healthy food shopping! Yeah, sometimes bodies just don't want to stay where we want them to be--and I agree sometimes it's necessary to re-think that and cut ourselves some slack. The difference COULD be water weight, but it also COULD be replacing the fat lost with more lean muscle mass. Yes, less junk food in the house is another perk of being a grandparent who does child care only occasionally. DH buys a lot of junk food, but I can resist most of it. Does your mother keep a lot of junk food or does she not spoil the grandkids and send them home? I broke from my traditional ham dinner this Christmas and made Italian and my kids said it was good, but then later on Facebook I saw that before Christmas they were joking with a mutual friend about how weird it is to do Italian for Christmas because there's no Italian in DH's or my families. Funny that my kids are only in their 30's and are more set in their ways than I am. LOL But, I must say it is heartwarming to me that they look forward to my traditional holiday dinners.

jjeand, big hug to ya! Hope you're back to yourself again soon.

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 03:19 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, OMG, are you in Lucky's stable? LOL There ya go--up on the scale, but knowing that staying at your lowest weight may not be realistic. Actually, you're only as old as you feel. Don't dread turning 50--it gets better and better.

Farah, geez, I know what you mean--I was going to post a few catch-up replies and my Thursday report, but everyone is so talkative today that I can't resist. But I'm waiting for a seasonal sinus headache to go away before I exercise anyway, so reading and posting is taking my mind off the headache a little--I can still feel it big time, but reading and posting keeps me from wallowing in self-pity. LOL Kudos on the exercise and best wishes on taking off those four pounds. We know you can do it--show us what you got.

Lindsey, congrats on getting closer to your carb and calorie goals and on getting the pill reminder box. HUGE "way to go!" on the exercise! OMG, you surely do have a challenge ahead with going home for Easter. Sincere best wishes on that.

Almeeker, I know smiling more and bitching less is no easy task. My daughter was the most bitchy teenager I ever encountered. But she mellowed out after college. Oh, maybe that wasn't very encouraging--how long until middle DD graduates from four years of college? I meant well.

OK, getting ready for the logging on for accountability challenge this weekend. DH wants to go to the fish fry at his friends' casual social club tonight--so glad it's the last one for us this season. The only thing low carb or low calorie on the entire menu is the cole slaw--all the fish is breaded and deep fried. I have the estimated carb counts for the breaded fish and the cole slaw so I'll enter those in my nutrition tracker BEFORE we go. Also, I'll eat something nutritious and low carb (like broccoli or a small tossed salad) before we go since I can only have fish and cole slaw. I pledge that all day until dinner will be on the straight and narrow and very low carb. I'll also take one piece of Russell Stover sugar free candy (only my second piece this week) because it's rich and chocolatey and will keep me from cheating at the dessert table like I did last time we went. I may even take my own unsweetened iced tea because I hate water with meals and want to avoid a Diet Coke. If I follow through, I expect a whole darned lot of kudos tomorrow. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 04:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

jjeand, I forgot, where do you live? OMG 3-4 inches of snow! LOL on the Zumba leader not being able to keep a beat! Enjoy your out of town visit with your brother!

Sometimes even our joking around in this group proves to be inspiring!

On old exercise tapes and DVD's: well, I was laughing about my old Richard Simmons tape that I haven't used since like 1988-1990--him in hit short red and white striped gym shorts and goofy looks. I misspoke, though--it's not Dancing to the Oldies, it's Sweatin' to the Oldies. I got it out just for the fun of it and pledged to do the first 30 minutes of the 46 minute tape (akin to low impact aerobics) in place of my 30 minutes of walking. WOW! I have a new-found respect for that tape and for Richard Simmons. First of all, he has people of all sizes--from slim all the way to very obese. I know his intent is to make exercise fun and being not a very graceful person, I'd be kind of embarassed to do it in front of DH or the grandkids like I do my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD. I was quickly put in my place when I found I could do only the first 19 minutes including my own added walking rapidly in place when they took like 10 second breaks between songs. But you know what? As intense as I found the workout, I'll bet I burned as many calories in those 19 minutes as I do in my half hour aerobic walking considering that calories burned are relative to weight and the effort we must put into it. I was sweating, my heart rate was up, and my side was temporarily hurting just from the intensity and quick movements--I know I didn't pull a muscle or ligament or anything.

Being age 64, I love the tape's songs from the 50's and 60's when I was a teenager-- the ones my grandkids find so lame or whatever word they use nowadays for stupid and ridiculous. LOL

My headache is almost gone and I'm enjoying the music so much while the tape is still playing in the VHS player. DH and DS are out golfing, so in about another five minutes I'm going to rewind that tape to where I left off and see if I can do another 11 minutes or more.

Seriously, I might just make that a new goal next week--to work up to a full half hour of Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies

Last edited by Mern; 04-15-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Almeeker, I know smiling more and bitching less is no easy task. My daughter was the most bitchy teenager I ever encountered. But she mellowed out after college. Oh, maybe that wasn't very encouraging--how long until middle DD graduates from four years of college? I meant well.
OMG, she's 7! We haven't even hit PMS yet, let alone the teenage years. She and I came to an agreement on the way to school, she's going to get up 15 minutes earlier and come downstairs for a protein shake before taking a shower and getting dressed. She's much better about 20 minutes after food, the problem is that she takes a shower, then gets dressed, and then is wishy washy for 20 minutes about what what to eat for breakfast, on top of that she's a very slow eater. So usually she's been fighting with everyone non-stop for an hour and a half before she digests enough to be human.

Good luck at your fish fry. Thank heavens I haven't been able to find a true blue fish fry in my neck of the woods. You would think with the Catholic school and the local fishing scene, we'd have dozens of them, but nada, nothin'. When I was in college, Friday night fish fries were on pretty much every corner all year long.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Seriously, I might just make that a new goal next week--to work up to a full half hour of Richard Simmons Sweatin' to the Oldies
I can't wait until you meet Bob...

My mom has that Richard Simmons video, it's pretty intense and for all the goofy-ness of Simmons, he's in great shape even still.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, dd is seven! Oh, my Lord. LOL Good for you for thinking of the protein shake before showering and dressing. That might just do the trick. My church does have a fish fry, but it sucks in comparison to DH's friends' casual social club. I'll have to look Bob up. LOL

jjeand, I got a huge laugh out of your dd at age 2 telling off the babysitter and slamming the door. Maybe that'll be encouraging to Almeeker--that it might be a sign of the very strong-willed, independant young woman her dd will become, too. My DD and I eventually became great friends. Yeah, I'm with your Mom--payback is great fun. My 15 year old granddaughter gives my daughter a lot of grief--slightly on the wild side, slightly rebellious. My 16 year old granddaughter is more mature, though--an honor student, eyes intently focused on college and hoping to become a psychiatrist, or she says perhaps a psychologist.

Exercise: OK, I did rewind that Richard Simmons tape and with the songs after where I left off after the first 19 minutes being really fast songs, I finished only the next 11 minutes to make a total of 30 for the day. It was a real push to finish that last song--struggling to do the full movements with the same intensity as Richard. Really great workout for me. What I did notice, though, was that most of the exercise group on the tape DID march in place like I did during the 10 second or so breaks between songs. My idea now is to each day add at least another complete song to work up to 30 minutes--and after that I'll decide whether I want to add more minutes to my workout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.