Notices

Tired all the time

Old 04-10-2011, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tired all the time

I was just wanting to know what most would do to get energy. I am constantly tired.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 AM
Super Moderator

That's kind of a hard question to answer without a little more information.

Off the top of my head, I would say make sure you get enough rest, make sure your carbs and protein and fat are in a good balance, take a vitamin, drink plenty of water, and try to eat mostly clean (non-processed) food.

Your body will take time to get used to changes, if you're just starting out.

If you feel comfortable sharing a little more, such as your age, any heath issues, how far along you are in your weight loss journey, and what you are doing to lose weight, folks might have some more specific suggestions for you. Good luck!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Drink more water than you think you need. Get more sleep than you think you need. Take a multivitamin supplement, nothing radical, just the basics. Give these 'changes to your habits' plenty of time to kick in. After a few weeks, or even a month or two, if you are still tired a lot, talk to your doctor. He or she can run some blood tests, check you out and give you an opinion about the cause.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:20 AM
FitDay Member

Without more info the normal culprits could be:
- Stressed/ sleep deprivation. Aim for those 7 hours and remember if you've added in more exercise to your routine you may need to add a little more sleep.
-Have you cut out sugar/caffeine? It took me about a month to level out after stopping 2 coffees per day (even with slowly decreasing it)
- Check your protein levels. When you feel tired try adding in a little extra protein for the day see how you feel.
-Vitamins

If you still feel tired in a month and have tried all the options have your Dr. run your blood for iron or B12 deficiency. Hopefully you are getting enough in your diet but sometimes we just don't absorb everything we should.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

I know that B12 deficiency was a big culprit for me. Even though I drink a lot of milk and eat other things that contain B12, I was still deficient, almost to the point of anemia. Adding 1200 mg a day worked wonders...but I find you have to take it in the morning - if I wait til after work/suppertime/bedtime to take it, I still feel tired during the day!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Exercise and plenty of it, give me a ton more energy than I used to have.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

I've been experiencing the same problem with being tired and after doing my own research as well as talking with my doctor, I discovered that I have an under active thyroid. I believe it's called hypothyroidism. I also have issues with anemia. Adding iodine to your diet can boost your thyroid and iron pills can help if your anemic. It would be a good idea to get both of those things checked with your physician, though, before you start any kind of a regiment.