Notices

Water...does anyone else HATE IT?

Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Water...does anyone else HATE IT?

I just cannot seem to drink water. I have completely cut out soda regular and diet...but I can't seem to choke down 8 glasses of water a day. I MIGHT hit 4-5 if I really make an effort, but I just do not like it, not even if I ad those little flavor packets.

I LOVE and feel I'm ADDICTED to carbonation. I MISS IT. In fact, that's really the only "craving" I have...I don't even really crave foods...well...I take that back I love bread too.

It is NOT the sweetness of soda that I like because I actually prefer diet soda to regular soda. When I have iced tea or those flavor packet things in water...I ALWAYS add just enough sweetener to give it flavor. I don't like it like syrup.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Yep, I absolutely despise the stuff. Before I started forcing myself to drink it last year I would drink cola all day, every day, and IF I got thirsty enough to crave a glass of water I would drink a small glass and that would be it for a week. Very unhealthy.

So, the only way I've managed to drink water is by adding lemon juice and stevia to sweeten it to taste like lemonade. Ever since I started doing that about a month ago I actually get in two Liters a day. Sometimes I may only get 1 if I'm so busy I forget to drink. I try to down .5 liters at night before I go to bed. It tastes MUCH better, helps me get over some sweet cravings, and helps me trick myself into thinking I'm actually drinking something I'm not suppose to have.

I hate those flavor packets because I see later how many calories they may have, or that they're sweetened with artificial sweeteners which are bad for us. Stevia is natural, no calories, and only takes a tiny bit to make it taste good. Plus, lemon is good for you, and helps balance out your bodies PH level =D
Old 04-06-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

My wife loves seltzer. It's got the fizz, you can get it flavored if you like, and it's got no calories. The only disadvantage I can see is it's a buck for a 2 liter bottle vs. (almost) free for water.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-06-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Do you think you can just make a goal to sip some water, just a little bit of the time, to train yourself to like it? We can train our body, our taste bud.
Before meet me, my husband did not like fish at all. But now, he craves for bake fish. He order fish at the restaurant.
I love water. But I used to feel light headache, dizzy, sluggish all the time. Turn out that I did not drink enough water. It's took me about 6 months to train myself take in 8-8oz glass of water a day. (I actually measure it every morning). Now I don't have to measure it any more b/c my body get use to the amount and just let me know when I need to drink.

I think you can do it, may be take you 1-2 years LOL, but you can do it. Water is so healthy and cheap.
I hope this help,
Mai
Old 04-06-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

I love water, but I recently saw a product at a "Living Green" Expo that might help you out if its truly the carbonation you crave. I'm pretty sure its called a Sodastream, which basically involves blasting plain water with carbon dioxide and adding a flavor syrup, which I think is optional.

You dont really need a specific product to do this, though. Check out this website on how to carbonate your own beverages at home Carbonating at Home with Improvised Equipment and Soda Fountains. Its pretty cool, especially if you or somebody in your household is handy.

I could imagine Crimpet's lemon water with a little blast of fizz would be pretty yummy.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

I actually like drinking water. I crave it. When I was in my twenties I drank a lot of soft drinks, but started on water when my dentist warned me about enamel erosion from pop. I didn't love water right away but now I drink more than enough in a day. I'd keep drinking as much as you can - maybe adding lemon or lime slices would help? I'm leery of those packets of powder just because I try to stay away from aspartame and sucralose. Maybe there are some with stevia though that I haven't seen.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

I too love water, but had trouble drinking enough at first. I got the hang of it when I was pregnant, believe it or not, because I had constant issues with dehydration. Anyhow, what I do is spread my water intake out over the course of the day. I workout first thing in the morning and I never start my workout without a big jug of ice water. So the first 32 oz go down without a thought, I don't know about you but when I'm working out I get thirsty. Then I try and chug a bottle between breakfast and lunch, and sometimes I have to make myself finish that morning bottle before I'll let myself eat lunch. I'll do almost anything in order to eat, so that one is not an issue either. Then I drink another one between lunch and dinner with the same deal. That usually gets me to at least 80 or so for the day and I get the rest with a cup of tea after dinner and brushing my teeth and taking meds right before bed.

Admittedly sometimes I get bored with plain water so I add a cold tea bag, or I make hot tea, or I might make hot tea and then put ice in it (you can get some really good flavors of tea without the packet issues). I also on occasion use a couple of drops of extract in my water or tea, vanilla is really good, so is peppermint, I'm also partial to raspberry and peach). If you like the bubbles you might take a fizzy water like Perrier or some such and use that as a reward for getting in your first 2-3 bottles of water. Oh I also recommend using a water bottle with a good sized opening, not one with a dish soap top, that way you can just open up and "chug" it down, "sipping" away at it only drags it out longer.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

I don't really care for water either, so I've started adding MiO flavoring to it. It's not quite as sweet as Crystal Light and it mixes easily because it's a liquid.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vtaggart
I don't really care for water either, so I've started adding MiO flavoring to it. It's not quite as sweet as Crystal Light and it mixes easily because it's a liquid.
I was wondering about that stuff...I will have to give it a try. I got some Crystal lite PURE packets and they are pretty good. It says there are 2 servings per packet but I only use 1/2 packet in SIXTEEN oz of water rather than Eight oz...I don't like it that sweet but it does have a very natural flavor to it...it's made with sugar and truvia...only 15 calories per serving (1/2 packet)
Old 04-07-2011, 04:27 PM
FitDay Member

I can't say how long the MiO will last. I only started using it this week. It says you can get 24 8 oz glasses out of it, but I have no idea how they are defining 1 "squeeze" for their measurement. For the strength that I've been using, it's a very mild flavor and that's the way I like it. I'll have to keep an eye out for the Pure and try that out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.