FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Hit a Plateau, need encouragement!! Plz! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3951-hit-plateau-need-encouragement-plz.html)

JLCAnnie 04-05-2011 01:27 PM

Hit a Plateau, need encouragement!! Plz!

I am having a horrible plateau! :eek:
I started on here on Feb. 16th and have lost 10 pounds by changing my diet and walking, hiking, jogging. This is great!

I started at 194 and am now down to 184 and have been sitting comfortable at this for the past week, but now I am getting antsy. I know that there are bound to be plateaus, but Its really frustrating and discouraging.

Does anyone have any tips, advice, comments to cheer me up? Anyone have similar plateaus with success stories attached to it?:)

THanks!

rmdaly 04-05-2011 03:17 PM

Congratulations on the 10 pounds. You should be very proud of that.

There are some studies that suggest that adding in bursts of speed can bust a plateau. When you are jogging, do something where you do a 1-minute burst of speed every 5 minutes. Also hill-climbing has been said to be like adding weight. Can you add some hills to your hiking? Or try to attack the hills faster.

Also getting some weight/strength training in could help.

You are really doing well. Continue to keep that in mind and stay positive.

JLCAnnie 04-06-2011 06:33 AM

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips! This week I started on a REALLY big hill and am doing that twice. I hope to work up to three times by the end of this week or beginning of next week.

I try to do different situps and crunches as well as some yoga and stretching and upper body exercises!

I just have to keep at it! Thanks for the support, it was very helpful and very need and appreciated.:D

almeeker 04-06-2011 06:52 AM

Are you getting enough water? 64 oz baseline + an additional 8oz for every 10lbs you want to lose.

What does you pie chart look like? You might shoot for higher protein and see if you can push it to 35-40% for a few days.

Change up your workout, buy a new DVD, make the old routine longer, add reps of harder exercises, add in 1 extra workout every week.

Drop your calories by 100-200 for a couple of days.

For a week go grain-free and sugar-free.

JLCAnnie 04-06-2011 07:06 AM

great tips

Good tips Almeeker!

I drink a TON of water as compared to what I used to drink. I think I drink almost a gallon a day! (not sure how many ounces that is).

I will try the protein Idea and see how that works as well.

I just recently started hiking up this HUGE hill. And am happy to say that It is easier to hike up this one "hill" that I had issues with just a month ago, it is hardly a problem now! :eek:

Thanks for all the support you guys!:D