FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3921-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-4-4-11-a.html)

almeeker 04-03-2011 11:09 PM

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Good morning everybody!!! I started a Monday off at 147.6, so that my friends is cause for celebration, of course I had to get a mild case of food poisoning over the weekend to be at that weight, but that's all water under the bridge now. I feel pretty good this morning, I'm even caught up on my sleep a bit.

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,850 all week.
2. Drink 96 oz of water
3. Exercise 6 hours
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 40% or higher
6. Log food and report every day even weekends

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging)
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race.
9. Call my grandmother and aunt.
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act.
11. Be a fun and entertaining mom, (kiddos are on Spring Break)

That's about it.

lastri 04-04-2011 12:57 AM

Almeeker, I am glad that you feel better.

Hi, I am back. I will try again in a very low carbs for 2 weeks. So here is my goal.

1. Keep net carb 20g a day
2. work out 3 times-strength, 3 times running
That's it.
Mai

acameron34 04-04-2011 01:40 AM

Hello All!

Almeeker- glad you're feeling better and got some much needed sleep!

Well I survived my crazy week, all final papers and exams are in and I'm feeling pretty good. My diet and exercise regime went to the dogs last week but managed to only put on 2lbs. Considering the horrible diet I was working off of I will take that as a success. Now on to bigger and better going to start training for the 10KM in May hopefully if my knee will cooperate that will lead to the Half marathon in July.

Goals:
1) Get the balance back carbs/protein/fat
2) Get some new shake recipes
3) Get in at least 4 days of exercise

Others:
1) Do something just for me- spa day?
2) Get back to a normal schedule at work
3) Get in a little quality time with my guy

quinnesec 04-04-2011 01:44 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

It's going to be a strange week for me. I'm trying out my "empty-nester wings" for an entire week. So far it's... it's... AWESOME!!!!!! If the weather were nicer, it would be darned near perfect! Eating is going to be a challenge as I don't plan on cooking much. But, what the heck... her vacation = my vacation, right? lol I still have quite a list of things that I want to accomplish this week. But, I'm going to try to balance it with a little "down time", too.

So, here's this weeks list:

* Forget the pie chart for one week and keep calories to a "clean" 1400 or less. (This worked really well for me last week.)
* Hike (heavy pack) twice this week, weather permitting. (Remember cleated hikers- it's mucky since the last storm.)
* Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks. (Hmmm....I need to borrow a dog... :D)
* 100 oz. of water daily, minimum.

* Finish bead work on Prom dress.
* Spring clean all bathrooms.
* Spring clean 3 vehicles.
* Smile more... bitch less. (Simple and to the point! ;))

canary52 04-04-2011 02:01 AM

Hi Everyone. Almeeker I am so sorry to hear you were not well. But glad to hear you are better. You have such good goals. Quinn, I also like "smile more and bitch less." I could use that one myself!!!
That being said: (here I am bitching)
This is my 3rd day on bed rest. I have been experiencing what I call "old time" fibromyalgia which means I am in pretty bad shape. I haven't been writing, I missed class because I couldn't drive. The pain, achiness and crippling fatigue were bad enough, but then the electric shocks started back again yesterday all over my body. Before I start to feel like I'm being electrocuted, I must take action. So all health goals.

Fibro diet: Avoid
1) sugar
2) gluten and yeast
3) nightshades
4) additives
5) aspartame
6) dairy
7) caffeine including chocolate :(

8) stretch at least 3x this week
9) more H2O
10) take magnesium supplements

Good luck with your goals this week everyone! :)

erinmrystrom 04-04-2011 02:18 AM

Good morning everyone!

Almeeker...yuck about the food poisening, but yeay about the weight! :) I had a really busy weekend, but did get one work out in and I'm determined to get back on track in that area. Had a really good low cal day yesterday!

Here are my goals:

1. Keep a 1000 cal deficit per day
2. Work out (in some way, shape, or form) every day this week
3. Limit myself to 1 cappuccino per week (tough with the icky weather we're having...)
4. Feel good about the progress I've already made and not get upset if I have a setback!

Good luck everyone!

AceofCurls 04-04-2011 02:43 AM

Well, last week was a total bust. I didn't keep with any of my goals, so hopefully this week will be better.

Health and Fitness goals:
-run/jog every day for one hour
-hit the gym one hour a day
-eat 1200 calories a day
-make new type of meal every day: M(yes)
-Drink 1.75 liters of water per day
-Find a running group
-Don't drink
-Don't eat out

Other:
-Write in food journal
-meditate
-keep room clean

Crimpet 04-04-2011 03:15 AM

It's a new week, and I intend to kick its butt to see some results! After a good week last week, I didn't see not a single ounce dropped, nor a single ounce of fat dropped on the BİA scale at the mall, so I'm gonna take this week by its jewels and control it! :D

Canary- My mom also has Fibromyalgia, and seeing her suffer has really shed a new light on how crippling it can be. She managed to overcome it for several years when teaching yoga, but she had to be soooo careful with every lttle detail of her life to not have a 'flair' up. I really hope that this week it improved immensely for you!!

Quinn- I loved "Smile more..Bitch less"! I'm stealing your goal too! I could use a LOT of this advice daily, and I know my husband would be ever so grateful!:D

Now, for my goals this week:

Fitness:

1) Keep Caloric intake between 1200-1400 & Caloric Deficit above 800 daily.
2) Drink 2 Ltr. of H2O daily & NO soft drinks
3) Incorporate more Green vegis into my daily diet through salads.
4) Increase Protien and Lower Fat intake.
5) 3 days 30 minute Yoga/ 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope/ 3 days 30 minutes of other Exercise/ 6 days of 30 minute minimum walk

-2 lbs weight loss goal

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Tidy up & do Laundry
2) Finish off 2 lace projects I have for class & start new one for exhibit
3) Work on Husbands Anniversary gift
4) Give myself the good Pampering I didn't give myself last week

5) Follow Quinns lead of "Smile More..Bitch Less".

To motivate myself for the number 5- For every time that I manage to lose my temper or rant from stress, I have to do 5 Push-Ups :p (And not wall or girlie pushups either but normal ones-I can barely do 1 normal one, so this should be a good motivator other than the peace that should come lol Either that or I'm going to have some rock'n arms!:rolleyes:

cjohnson728 04-04-2011 03:30 AM

Last week ended up not so great for me, too. Getting sick meant being less active, getting less done, and making poor food choices, apparently. I'm going back on rather strict and specific goals this week to get my mindset right; we'll see how it works.

1. Stick to calorie goal.
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below.
3. 3 sports bottles of water.
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily.
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least).
6. Log everything, even cough drops.

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head!
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend.
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers.
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off.
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub.
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late!

I just made reservations for ziplining for Friday; this should be an adventure. My son has been, but my husband and I have not. We're all going, taking a friend for the boy, for his belated birthday. Just from the description, it sounds like a workout, with climing the platforms, traversing the sky bridges, etc. It should be interesting :eek:

taubele 04-04-2011 04:09 AM

Hi everyone!

I managed to do OK yesterday at my boss's dinner party. I was over-cals by about 250, but I didn't really feel bad about it, as they were GOOD calories (veggies, wonderful herb-roasted chicken and fresh fruit). I've also found that my body really seems to respond to having up-and-down days... for example 2-3 of days between 900-1200 calories and then a day of 1500-ish (or sometimes even more). For some reason, I've noticed looking through my Fitday that the weight sheds faster when I do that (even though in the past I've done it accidentally!). Not sure why - maybe it's just making sure that my body is on its toes!

My official 3-month weigh in was at 193.7 this morning, so I managed to finally lose all the water/sodium weight from last week's Pizza Hut Disaster and get back to where I was about a week ago. I'm not quite where I wanted to be by this time (I wanted to be about 190 lbs., 25 lbs. lost by the three month mark) but I'm only about three lbs. off. Not too shabby! It's a marathon, not a sprint, and for some reason I feel like this is going to be a good week! Maybe it's because I had a productive weekend (long...but productive!) but I always feel better when I'm busy!

Almeeker, I'm glad you're feeling better after eating the terrible yogurt!

Cassie, I'm also glad you're recovering from your bug.

Hope, it's great to see you on the thread, and I'm so sorry to hear your fibro has been acting up :( I hope that you feel better soon!

I'm switching up my goals a little this week, curious to see where they lead me! I'm not aiming so much for "dailys" as "averages" spread out over the week, and I think the goal of not having two days off in a row from exercise will forgive me (at least a little) if work takes over for a day and I can't exercise. The approach of "hours" and "days" wasn't working for me, and overall was making me feel guilty. Good luck this week everyone!

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising.
3) Achieve a 35% protein average for the week
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie!
6) At least 96 oz. water daily

Other Life Stuff:
1) Laundry, laundry, laundry -- put away, ironed, spring cleaning and donation of clothes I simply no longer want to wear!
2) Buy new makeup and a flatiron for the disaster of hair on my head
3) Buy small Easter presents to send to family
4) Balance savings/expenditures (this is a weekend goal, won't be updating until then!)
5) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week
6) Don't worry, be happy! :D

sandi olson 04-04-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 42438)
Good Morning, Everyone!

It's going to be a strange week for me. I'm trying out my "empty-nester wings" for an entire week. So far it's... it's... AWESOME!!!!!! ))
[/B]

Got to love that empty nest! I thought there was something sick and wrong when my nest emptied out and I did not feel the "pain." (I should mention we had no trouble at all with our boys.) We quickly sold our big house and bought something half the size!

Back to fitness/nutrition . . . I'm still hovering 1/2# above my goal weight of 122. It should happen this week, I hope.

Future goals:

1) Stick to good balanced diet low in refined products.
2) Focus more on building muscle - 3-4 times in the gym
3) Get outside! Bike, garden, play more.
4) Reconnect with old friends (great opportunity since i've run into 3 or 4 lately!)
5) Try to answer and act on my recent question - "What do I want my next 20 years to look like?" That probably means more peace and calm in my life--including losing the part-time job and focusing more on art/galleries.

Very vague goals, aren't they? But worth thinking about.

Good luck all you gals!

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 04:16 AM

I like the goals that y'all put up. I think I'll steal something from everyone that already posted..

Health & Fitness Goals:

1) Log food and report every day even weekends
2) work out 3 times-strength
3) Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks. (use my own dog :D)
4) forget the pie chart
5) take magnesium supplements
6) Feel good about the progress I've already made and not get upset if I have a setback!
7) Water (128oz/day)
8) Don't eat out
9) 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope
10) 5 fruits/veggies daily
11) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie!

Non Health & Fitness Goals:
1) Smile more, bitch less
2) Reconnect with old friends (great opportunity since i've run into 3 or 4 lately!)
3) make some money

Damn I should have posted earlier, thats a lot of goals!

cjohnson728 04-04-2011 04:40 AM

Terri, you did great at the dinner; congrats!

Sandi, I know what you mean about the house...we bought ours thinking we would have more children but I wasn't able to. We love our neighborhood and area but when our son leaves for college in four years, we'll likely also downsize. I'm starting now with the painting and some renovations with that in mind.

Quinn, I hope you enjoy your week. You're definitely due for some relaxation ;).

Mike, good luck with all those goals. You'll do great! BTW, I don't do 5 each fruits of veggies; 5 altogether. I don't have the calorie leeway for 5 fruits, but I wish I did, especially in summer; I could eat them nonstop.

Anyone have any remedies for congestion that don't involve medicine? I haven't had a cold in 3 years, since I was told not to take decongestants. Someone told me about an herbal mask you can get and heat in the microwave, but I'm pretty much at a loss and this not breathing is getting old quickly :mad:

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 04:42 AM

okay, cool I can do that then. :)

Mern 04-04-2011 04:46 AM

Lost 1/2 lb. again last week. Whole lot better than no loss. :)

Goals this week:

Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Protein target 120g
Limit sugar free candy to two pieces per day
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day
Limit diet soda to one every other day

Water 64 oz. per day

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days

staceyalberta 04-04-2011 04:50 AM

woo hoo getting these done monday.

weight/food

~ keep to my eating plan
~ log all food i eat
~ cardio 4 times this week 1 times
~ strength training 4 times this week MUST, m y
~ yoga 3 times this week 1 times
~ take my measurements
~ weigh myself wed & fri.

non-weight

~ place is clean MAINTAIN
~ put effort in what i wear every day
~ be in touch with my moods & emotions journal 3 times this week.
~ start working on a choreography m y

staceyalberta 04-04-2011 04:59 AM

almeeker ~ sorry about the food posionion that's awful. glad you are feeling better.

acameron34 ~ that's awesome that you are done with all your school work. good luck on the training for the 10km.

canary52 ~ sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well. hope you feel better soon.

crimpet ~ the good news is last week was a good week & you know it. the scale will catch up. let's kick this weeks a$$ ;)

cassie ~ hope you are feeling better. wow ziplining sounds like a blast i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

terri ~ your goals this week look good. i can't wait to see how they work out for you. congrats on dinner last night sounds like you made good choices.

mern ~ congrats on the loss that's awesome!!!!!!!

mike ~ i love the goal of smile more bitch less i need to do that MORE....LOL

home with my son he has a touch of the flu :( so he's taking it easy, but still wanting to go to school. i know he's nuts...lol. this means i get to catch up on laundry & get my strength work out & yoga done this morning to put me on the right track. other than that just taking it easy myself. maybe do some knitting & some dance practice.

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 05:04 AM

Stacey, that's one of the ones that I stole from quinn.

acameron34 04-04-2011 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 42472)
Anyone have any remedies for congestion that don't involve medicine? I haven't had a cold in 3 years, since I was told not to take decongestants. Someone told me about an herbal mask you can get and heat in the microwave, but I'm pretty much at a loss and this not breathing is getting old quickly :mad:

I swear by oregano oil (5 drops under the tongue) and ginger tea (you can cheat and get he pre-dried at the bulk store) or use fresh but you'll only need a little. Just breathing the ginger helps open up the nasal passages. I also did the salt water nasal-baths...they seemed to help if you can get over the fear of water in the nose.

Quinn- I LOVE smile more Bitch less! I think its the moto for the week!:D

I've seen everyone talking about "green" smoothies in the past... what exactly are they? I'm looking for options to add to my shakes (already use ground sprouted flax, fresh fruit, water) I have to avoid a lot of the protien powders because of a fish allergy. But I would love other suggestions please!

canary52 04-04-2011 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 42472)
Terri, you did great at the dinner; congrats!

Steam shower or bowl of hot water put towel on head and inhale.

Neti pot.Breathing lukewarm (not hot!) water through the sinuses.

Eucalyptus oil (like Vick's vapor rub but better) rub on chest - fumes will rise believe me.

Thank you all for the good wishes! Fibro sucks but ziplining sounds cool.

smile more :) bitch less: that could be a new motto!!!

blackrhino2 04-04-2011 05:43 AM

Hi Guys,
Terri, I love your goals for this week. Also, congratulations on losing 22lbs during your first 3 months!!! Great job.

I was away from Thurs night-Sun night and I didn't check in at all. This was bad for my mindful eating habits. I could have gotten on a computer and really, I should have. Oh well. I made some really good decisions but overall I know I was over my cals, esp on Sat and Sun. Atleast I stayed active everyday..prob burned 250 extra cals per day through exercise.

Food goals for this week:
-Go to WW meeting
-Stay active everyday
-Track everything
-Eat clean

quinnesec 04-04-2011 05:55 AM

sandi,

I KNOW! Everyone thinks I'm mean when I say that there won't be any "empty nest syndrome" for this girl. I had my first just short of my 22nd birthday. I'll be 49 this summer and I've had a child home, continually, ever since. I love them dearly, but my husband and I are really looking forward to a break. (BUT, I'm keeping the big house! ;))

Mike,

There's a beautiful new animal shelter being built near me and I've already told the manager that I'll be "borrowing" a dog every day this summer for my 3-4 mile walks. :) To be totally honest, I have a terrible, totally unfounded fear of dogs who have teeth bigger than my own. But, my plan is to overcome my fear by starting with puppies and working my way up to, like maybe, large Poodles... LOL :D (...and volunteering my time to the shelter at the same time.)

Cassie,

One word... steam. I can't take anything, either. My MD just tells me to put a pot of water on the stove and cover my head with a towel, like a tent, and take deep breaths. It actually works pretty well. (...and you get a facial! lol)

Glad to see my "smile more... bitch less" is catching on! Maybe we should have t-shirts made...:D

taubele 04-04-2011 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 42498)

Neti pot.Breathing lukewarm (not hot!) water through the sinuses.

I have a friend who absolutely swears by her Neti Pot -- I have never tried it as it just seems like it would be an awkward sensation (tipping water through the sinuses - in one nostril and out the other!) but she says it clears her right up every time, and it's actually improved her overall sinus health -- she used to get chronic infections, now hasn't had one in a year!

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 06:26 AM

quinn, don't let the size fool you! Puppies have sharper teeth and bite all the time. Some dogs look mean but are gentle, like boxers and great danes and other look harmless but will bite the s#!t out of you like a chihuahua. I trust Chloe' around people before I trust Mytsie. Now if someone comes in the yard or house that doesn't belong there, that's a whole other ballgame.:D

quinnesec 04-04-2011 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 42511)
quinn, don't let the size fool you! Puppies have sharper teeth and bite all the time. Some dogs look mean but are gentle, like boxers and great danes and other look harmless but will bite the s#!t out of you like a chihuahua. I trust Chloe' around people before I trust Mytsie. Now if someone comes in the yard or house that doesn't belong there, that's a whole other ballgame.:D

OH, THANKS! Now you have me afraid of puppies, too!
Just kidding. I have no idea where this stupid fear comes from. It's embarrassing! It's not like I was ever bitten or anything. I've had it since I was a kid. When I'm out walking in the evening, and I hear a big dog running at me full-tilt, growling and barking, I swear, I almost wet myself waiting for the sound of the chain to yank it's neck back... if it's on a chain. I have absolutely no fear of anything else. But, it's something that I really want to overcome. Sounds stupid, I know.

I don't mind the "teething", biting, chewing stuff. It's the "I'm-going-to-rip-your-face-off" biting that worries me. lol

canary52 04-04-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by taubele (Post 42509)
I have a friend who absolutely swears by her Neti Pot -- I have never tried it as it just seems like it would be an awkward sensation (tipping water through the sinuses - in one nostril and out the other!) but she says it clears her right up every time, and it's actually improved her overall sinus health -- she used to get chronic infections, now hasn't had one in a year!

It is awkward and at first you say Huh? How will this work? And yet as your friend proved, it does. Go figure.

My friend Marie had a doberman who was a total bunny. In fact, nicer than some bunnies I've met. No offense to the rabbit lovers out there.:D

I will sign up for the smile more bitch less tee shirt - as soon as I can wear it in a smaller size! :p

quinnesec 04-04-2011 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by jjeand (Post 42513)
"To be totally honest, I have a terrible, totally unfounded fear of dogs who have teeth bigger than my own." ~Quinn

I hear you! As a child/young adult I was terrified of ALL dogs. After humiliating myself at my teacher's house (I was 20 when this happened) - her husband didn't realize I was there and let the dogs in, I remember seeing them coming up the steps... then him apologizing profusely while she tried to calm me enough to stop screaming get down off the dining table - I decided I needed to do something about it!

Calm quiet dogs were a good start. Later got used to one particular big quiet dog - my boyfriend's, then one noisy dog that we adopted. Now I own a dog and she is my furbaby. Spending time with them helps. Now every move and noise doesn't appear aggressive to me.

Me too!!!

I fell right to the pavement once last summer in tears. My daughter thought it was hysterical.

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 07:13 AM

my bet is that if you actually do go every day and borrow a dog, you'll end up falling in love and adopting it. :D

quinnesec 04-04-2011 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 42521)
my bet is that if you actually do go every day and borrow a dog, you'll end up falling in love and adopting it. :D

Yep. That's my history. I was asked to foster two kittens last fall for "a few weeks". They're sound asleep on my feet right now... ;)

Animals, kids, elderly people... if they are hungry or need something wiped, I seem to take them in... lol

staceyalberta 04-04-2011 08:08 AM

quinn / mike ~ that is a great goal smile more bitch less & mike you were smart to steal it ;) i should steal it too, maybe for next week.

cassie ~ a vapour rub on the chest at night will help. you can also put some of the vapour rub in a bowl with hot water, towel over head & breath in the fumes.

quinn ~ that's awesome about being a dog walker & over coming your fear of dogs at the same time...ummmm...fyi google standard poodle & you might re-think about the large poodle lol. however standard poodles have a very nice disposition. mike is right great danes though tall are big babies & very gentle. puppies like to nibble think teething baby how the baby likes/needs to chew to teeth puppies are the same way.

azrunner6 04-04-2011 08:25 AM

Hey everyone!! Its been about 1.5-2 weeks since I have logged on but it has been a productive couple of weeks. I ended up taking some time off hitting the gym everyday but maintained my eating habits and it has paid off , I am officially down 11 lbs!!! I am so stoked about it!! And I have found some work partners so that these two a days don't become too unbearable.

I am currently running 3.5-4 miles a day in the Early morning hours before work and then on MWF hitting the gym for weights / classes etc. Its defintely too early to tell but I am excited because I have a new found energy and I want to continue some mornings it is hard but I know deep down that once I am in the gym and running its where I want to be :)

I tried my first Pilates class and I must say what a workout , it literally killed me, but I am looking forward to gaining that core strength and going back to that class in a few months and being able to complete every exercise with a better ease :)

Hope all is well with all of you !! I will try and keep contact but for now less is more and I don't want to overwhelm myself :)

Keep on going !

taubele 04-04-2011 08:48 AM

Mike: Look what you've gotten yourself into with all these goals :D

Cassie: Thanks for the congrats! I felt good about it. My stomach was a little "whoa" afterwards since I'd eaten very little previously in the day to prepare, but it was worth it!

stacey: Thanks for the congrats as well! It's easy to make good choices when everything is delicious and I have a health-conscious boss ;) There were some "bad" choices for sides though (like homemade bread) that I did not indulge in, so yay! Your goals look great this week as well!

Julia: Thanks! Welcome back on the saddle ;) How was your week last week?

quinn: Good plan on the getting-over-dog-fear. I hope it helps you (and maybe you find a new friend ;) ) There are definitely gentler/less bite-prone breeds out there, you should start with those!

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 11:03 AM

what the... I don't live in Oklahoma, what's up with this weather. The other day S.E. Louisiana got hit with a tornado, 2 weeks ago 2 or 3 tornadoes hit and now we are under a tornado watch. Looks like no walking Chloe' today. I'm getting off to a rough start. :(

lastri 04-04-2011 12:24 PM

Mern, congrat on your half pound. Good job! Keep going.
Mai

01gt4.6 04-04-2011 12:35 PM

hey Cassie, did you know that 8oz of V8 Juice = 2 servings of veggies? :D

cjohnson728 04-04-2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 42586)
hey Cassie, did you know that 8oz of V8 Juice = 2 servings of veggies? :D

...and if I could get it down, that would be great!

Hope all is well with your weather. Maybe you and Chloe' can just watch a movie instead ;)

blackrhino2 04-04-2011 02:11 PM

I love all the dog talk as I'm a huge dog lover. Good for you guys that have faced your doggie fears or are trying to! My parents got a standard poodle, Oscar, because I breakout in hives and non-stop sneezing when I touch dogs (although I can't resist), so they thought the poodle would be a "hypoallergenic" dog. however, it turns out i'm allergic to dog saliva which is actually all over their fur as "dander" bc they lick themselves. so i'm completely allergic to him but I still love to play with that ridiculous looking poodle. i don't think i'll ever get to have a dog as an adult unless I am loading myself up on antihistamines for the rest of my life. or if i can find one w/out saliva...

today i ate around 1500 cals. that is a bit high. i walked 3 miles at a 2.5% incline in 44 mins..not sure how many cals that counts for.

i haven't gotten on a scale since before hawaii and i really don't want to!

also, i ate an entire bunch of kale for dinner! this is a bit excessive but atleast it's a clean food.

Mern 04-04-2011 02:16 PM

Feel better, Cassie!

Stay safe, Mike!

Monday report: (trying to see if I like "conforming" to the way the rest of you report your daily achievements)

Calorie limit 1600 1178
Carbs less fiber limit 25g 24g
Protein target 120g 111.6g
Limit sugar free candy to two pieces per day 0
Limit additional artificial sweetener to 2 packets per day 2
Limit diet soda to one every other day0

Water 64 oz. per day Yes

Exercise 1/2 hour 6 days Yes

blackrhino2 04-04-2011 02:50 PM

Congratulations Mern on your 1/2 pound loss. Don't shrug off all the hard work that goes into losing a half a pound. I feel like that is really hard work, great job!!!

cjohnson728 04-04-2011 03:11 PM

Nice job on your goals today, Mern! I don't think it matters how you report, as long as you know.

Julia, I'm sure that kale was loaded with vitamins. Nothing to feel guilty about. Now if it was an entire jar of marshmallow fluff, well, that would be different :eek:. I'm allergic to dog saliva, too; I totally break out in a rash and bumps if I'm licked. Happened the first time I met my future husband's dog and was quite embarrassing.

Anyhoo...

1. Stick to calorie goal. Yes
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below. 48%
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least). Yes-a whopping 8!
6. Log everything, even cough drops. Yes

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head! Yes
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend. Not yet
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers. Not yet
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off. Not yet
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub. Not yet
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late! Not yet

My big accomplishment today was leaving the cake alone. I made it Satuday for company, was just going to have strawberries and whipped cream, but then I realized I had a big tub of fat free ricotta at its expiration date, so dessert got a little fancier (and more calorific!). It's almost gone; hopefully the guys will finish it up tomorrow! It keeps calling me :mad:.