Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

thanks Quinn.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,850 all week. 2,326, 1,499, 1,801, 1,667
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES, YES, YES, YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 42 min, 0 min, 62 min, 121 min (total 3:45
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +116, -603, -458, 1,088 (total -2,033)
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 40% or higher. (58% c / 13% p), (28% c / 36% p), (35% c / 24% p), (43% c / 34% p)
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. YES, YES, YES, YES

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). A little, NO, NO, NO
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO, NO, NO, NO
9. Call my grandmother and aunt. NO, NO, NO, NO
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO, NO, NO, NO
11. Be a fun and entertaining mom, (kiddos are on Spring Break). YES, took the kids to see the butterflies exhibit and out to lunch. YES, took the kids shopping for shoes and out to eat. Maybe, I'm trying to teach them how to sew, which is a lot harder than I thought. Not so much, the baby screamed his head off for 3-4 hours, and I'm not exaggerating.

Today was rough, the baby I watch was having a bad day. He spent every minute either screaming or eating. He did sleep a little, little being the operative word, only to wake up and scream some more. Tomorrow I just have my own plus my little JoJo, she's a joy and I've had her M-F since she was 6 weeks old, so she's like one of my own. Little Prince Tonsils is going to his grandma's house tomorrow YEAH!! Where is that virtual big bag thread anyway? AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Cassie & Quinn I don't even want to think about taking the kids to the orthodontist, my mother used to refer to braces as "that hole in your head we throw money into". Our oldest already needs braces, as soon as the rest of her baby teeth fall out they have a better grasp on how much we can be fleeced for.

Mike I don't think you need to apologize for being cranky, this is after all a forum on a diet website, and living life at a deficit only serves to enhance and magnify my inner bitch. Nice job on the random act of kindness. I've had the occasional break-down in life and was saved more than once by complete strangers.

I have more to say, but I've workout twice today and my mind and body are jell-O, I gotta hit the sack, before I can't make it up the stairs.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-08-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

mike, sorry you are feeling off. try to go somewhere beautiful and take a walk and remind yourself of all thats good. i hope your brain gets out of the funk soon. we're all here for you!

mern, you're comment made me laugh out loud! yes, mike, you are my favorite bastard!

cassie, i had braces in high school. i swear orthodontists keep starting kids earlier and earlier. does your son mind getting them? i was excited for some reason--maybe because i had buck teeth? I agree with you that the cost is obscene!

quinn, good luck with getting the car fixed...

today was good, not fantastic but good. i was productive and worked hard all day at school but seemingly only made it through a 1/3 of what I had planned to get done. things always take longer than i expect.

i ate a bunch (4) of cookies but the rest of my diet was clean. i'm at 1362 cals for the day and i'm stopping there. yesterday i ran 3 miles and did weights. today i walked outside in the beautiful 50 degree weather and spoke to my parents/louis for 45 mins. wedding plans are starting to take shape...

i'm going to NYC this weekend for my sister's bachelorette....hope it goes well! i'm a little anxious as I'm the one that planned it!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Julia, you and your sister are both getting married? Are your parents on sedatives yet?

Your day sounds pretty good to me...way to work those cookies in!

Almeeker, I think "enhance and magnify my inner bitch" should be reworked into a t-shirt somehow. We'll do one for Mike, too...unless that would make the YouTube guys come after him again...
Old 04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

cassie, yes i'm surprised they aren't on sedatives.

to quote my dad: "this is like buying a mercedes and then pushing it off a cliff."
Old 04-07-2011, 02:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728

Quinn, the more immediate problem is that a wisdom tooth is fused to the second molar. So surgery will have to happen first. What makes me really upset, though, is that two years ago, he was pronounced fine and not in need of braces. Now, when everyone else is coming out of theirs, his will be going on...in time for high school and all the social anxieties that will bring. To say nothing of the trumpet. I guess it's impossible to "return" kitchen renovations for a refund, huh?

I think maybe we need a virtual heavy bag thread...what would you like to punch??

Well, need to go write a check for the guys that just did $900 worth of work on the HVAC. I just can't get ahead!
Both of my kids were born with gorgeous, straight, big, movie star teeth...

Then, along came a psychopathic kid who hit my kid in the mouth...

Then came 3 years of braces.... right through grad photos...

Oh, and if it makes you feel any better... I had already spent my expected income tax refund... you know... The one that I didn't get this year?...
Old 04-07-2011, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

CJohnson- So sorry to hear your son is having to get them. Just make sure he flosses, and brushes after every soda or sweets I had them for 2 years, and made the mistake of not doing it..ruined my pearly whites, and had white spots all over them. Wish my dentist would have said something more about it..

Quinn- I was totally the same. Had perfecly straight teeth all my childhood, my teeth never had a cavity. My mom envied them, and always griped at me to brush them, reminding me of how lucky I was to have straight teeth, no cavities etc. One day when I was 13 I was playing football with my neighbors and their aunt..well. We were both trying to catch the ball, she running backwards, me running forwards, both not paying attention to the other, and had my jaw knocked out of line. Had a concussion for several days, and couldn't see. Mom didn't take me to the ER- she was one of those moms who believed in toughing it out. After a year of migraines and a trip to the orthadontist, found out I had TMJ and developed an overbite. Got fitted for a HUGE mouthpiece of a splint, later on a spider splint, then braces...what misery. Everyone made fun of me, and always had me speak and do sign language mocking me because I sounded deaf when I spoke. Was so cruel. What made it worse was I had developed a spinal problem, and had to wear a backbrace on the outside of my clothes. lol You can imagine how much I was mocked, but none the less I had good friends that let me make good humor of it. High school is something I like to remember, but would NEVER want to relive lol I can't imagine how your kids must have felt to enter college with them. Hopefully the students had matured at least some.

What a ramble lol
Old 04-07-2011, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Your kids were born with teeth?!
Just goes to show you...gotta avoid those psychopaths!

Crimpet, what an awful, painful experience.

I don't know, but for some reason it's easier for me to take when things go wrong because I screwed up, as opposed to someone else messing it up (like, oh, say, having your car dinged by a hit and run driver?) or one of those things that "can't be helped." I guess I just hate feeling powerless.

This run of bad stuff better end...we're going ziplining tomorrow morning and I don't need any problems!

1. Stick to calorie goal. Yes, No, Yes, Yes
2. Keep carbs at 50% or below. 48% No, 50%, 50%
3. 3 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes, No-throat too sore to drink much, No but lots of tea
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
5. 7 hours of sleep a night (at least). Yes-a whopping 8! No-6.75, no-6, Yes-7
6. Log everything, even cough drops. Yes, No, Yes, Yes

7. Monday...plan Spring Break week schedule...written down, not just in head! Yes
8. Second coat all upstairs doors by end of weekend. Not yet
9. Annual Spring Break clearing of closets and dressers. Not yet
10. Finish all work (including outstanding billing) by Wednesday; take Thursday & Friday off. Yes
11. Find/order faucets for bathroom sinks & tub. I may wait until I'm done throwing money in other directions
12. Get strawberries and herbs going; it's late! Not yet
Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 PM
FitDay Member

I had braces twice, once in high school and once in college, remember wear your retainer or get a permanent retainer.

Health and Fitness goals:
-run/jog every day for one hour: M (no), T (no), W (yes), T (no), F (yes).
-hit the gym one hour a day: M (No), T (no), W (no), T (no), F (no)
-eat 1200 calories a day: M (yes), T (yes), W (yes), T (yes), F (yes)
-make new type of meal every day: M (yes), T (yes), W (yes), T (yes), F (yes)
-Drink 1.75 liters of water per day: M(yes), T(yes), W(yes), T(yes), F (yes)
-Find a running group, Nope
-Don't drink: M(yes), T(yes), W(yes), T(yes), F (yes)
-Don't eat out: M(yes), T(yes), W(yes), T(yes), F (yes)

Other:
-Write in food journal: not yet
-meditate: not yet
-keep room clean yes
Old 04-08-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Wow crimpet, that's a horrible story. I'm glad everything got straightened out in the end. We never got taken to the ER either. My mom is an ER nurse, so you really had to be injured to get anything more than a band-aid in our house, she even kept a suture kit in the fridge because she could stitch you up at home in less time and effort than it took to drive to the ER, but she didn't have any pain killers with it, so if we needed stitches, we always prayed that there was a bone sticking out because then she would cave in and take you to the hospital.

I too wore braces, but my story was actually so successful that for years afterward my horrible orthodontist (picture George Carlin possessed by the devil) showed pictures of my teeth to prospective wallets/insurance policies, I mean parents. At least 3 of my best buddies saw them , me in all my glory with those nasty plastic things in my lips, to better show off the brilliant work of the orthodontist. Funny, he never paid me any royalties for all that advertising. It was mortifying to think that people would see them though, I had a very distinct pair of goofy looking canines, so identifying me from the "before" pick was easy enough.

Cassie, I'm totally cracking up over your advice to stay away from psychopaths. Um, aren't they at least somewhat responsible for keeping the lights on at your house? LOL.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.