Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11

Old 04-04-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks to Mai, Julia and all who gave kudos for my 1/2 lb. loss. Boy, I do have to work for that--it doesn't fall off all by itself.

Julia, you certainly are working hard on exercise. I forgot--how many calories per day to you allow yourself? I love kale--one of my favorite veggies and so good for us! I hope your scale is really nice to you when you do venture on--after you exercise and diet away all the pineapple. Seriously, what did you eat in Hawaii? Did you try poi?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I did get brave and kept in control on the strawberry dessert desire, but what I did was to have it for breakfast so I'd have to carefully plan my menu for the rest of the day. I came in at one carb to spare at the end of the day.

I made a breakfast faux stuffed French toast type thing using just half a low carb tortilla, egg, water, vanilla, nutmeg, artificial sweetener and just 70 grams of strawberries (about 3 medium.) It was 9 net carbs, delicious and I got the craving out of my system. Sure wasn't much food for 9 carbs, though--I won't be doing that often. I could have four and a half cups of broccoli for the carb price of the faux French toast. But for a one time thing, I guess it was worth it, especially since I didn't exceed my carb limit for the day.

Last edited by Mern; 04-04-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

congrats on the -1/2 Mern! I made it through some BAD weather.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! This seems to be an on going trend for me. Every time I posted on this thread it always starts on Tuesday! lol. I lost my first 5 pounds last week! I am very excited about that. The loss came from a very hard break up so I am not going to go into this week expecting it to stay the same. But I will sure work for it the right way!

This is a very busy week for me. I need to start over. I am moving across the state to Pittsburgh to stay with family and start over. I plan on moving Saturday so this week will be spent tying up loose ends here and visiting with friends and family. I spent the past 4 years with one man. He is and always will be the love of my life. I'm terrified and excited at the same time. I know I will have hard days but on those days I need to focus harder on the memorizes. If our paths cross again one day I wont fight it, but for now i need to work on finding out who I am.

Fitness goals:
Track everything I eat
Keep calories around 1300
Run Run Run!!

Non fitness goals:
Make sure I get on the right train!!!!
Get all of my legal issues settled in Philly.
Spend time with my nephew and family.
And most important... SMILE!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats, MB, not only on the five pounds, but on you great attitude for moving forward and making a new start. You couldn't have a better outlook and I'm sure it will pay off for you. Take this bull by the horns and run, girl!

Hope you enjoyed your Blizzard, jj. I'm sure you were able to work it in and work it off. Everything in moderation.

Mike, glad your weather is over and that all is ok. We're getting some storms now and are under a tornado watch, but hopefully it will be past us in an hour or two.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 04-04-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
FitDay Member

well i finally started working on my choreography. my teacher hasn't given me her opinion on my music yet, but i love harry belafontae so i just started on 'jump in the line' i was nervous when i put the music on i couldn't believe it. at first i had no clue what to do...lol & then slowly it started coming to me there's an orchestra part that i wanted to do turns in & when the song plays i ALWAYS do a certain shimmy naturally i THINK i have most of the first verse done, but that carries over as some will be repeats. i'm excited...i'm sure it looks like a hot mess...lol...but IT'S MY CHOREOGRAPHY... i haven't told my boyfriend that i'm doing this so it will be a surprise in june when i perform it
Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

You're a natural, Stacey! So glad it's coming along! Keep us posted; videos are great
Old 04-05-2011, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Eat clean and kept calories 1,350-1,850 all week. Ugh no 2,326
2. Drink 96 oz of water. YES
3. Exercise 6 hours. 42 min
4. Calorie deficit of 3,500 for the week. +116
5. Carbs 45% or lower, Protein 40% or higher. 58% c / 13% p
6. Log food and report every day even weekends. YES

Non-Fitness Goals:

7. Get DD practicing for State finals (without too much nagging). A little
8. Sign up for Summerfest Race. NO
9. Call my grandmother and aunt. NO
10. Call the eye doctor and read her the riot act. NO
11. Be a fun and entertaining mom, (kiddos are on Spring Break). YES, took the kids to see the butterflies exhibit and out to lunch.

On yesterday's calorie disaster three words "Red Sun Buffet". The kids love that place, and SO DO I!!! It's like an acre of every imaginable sort of Asian cuisine, and it's so authentic and delicious that it's usually packed with Asian customers (I never trust an Asian restaurant where none of the customers are um, Asian). I did maintain some self control, started out with a big plate of salad and low fat dressing, then I went and selected half a dozen pieces of sushi and fresh fruit, and then I went back for a small dish of ice cream and the slippery slope became a giant sheet of water covered ice and I fell down, not too hard, but hard enough to blow the calorie budget out of the water for the day. I think I can recover and still make my goal for the week, but we'll see. I did not get up this morning and work out, the shoulders are both killing me from yesterday's workout. I ended up doing 50 push-ups, and apparently that's a lot for me, guess I'll have to do those a little more often.

Last edited by almeeker; 04-06-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Fibro diet:
Avoid
1) sugar: Y
2) gluten and yeast: Y
3) nightshades: Y
4) additives:Y
5) aspartame:Y
6) dairy:Y
7) caffeine including chocolate:Y

8) stretch at least 3x this week: stretched and did floor exercise 2x (abs hurt from situps)
9) more H2O: 128 (how's that?!?)
10) take magnesium supplements: yup and already they helped

I am DETERMINED to get better.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Canary, sorry to hear the fibro is acting up on you. My mom has similar trouble and most of her issues come from exhaustion, red food dye, too much sodium and artificial sweetener. When she gets bad, she switches to water, lite salt, salad for lunch and takes sleeping pills. I don't get in to it with her, cause I just piss her off making suggestions. However I do know that it tends to run in families, so I pay close attention to all she's going through.

Cassie, since nobody has recommended this I'm going to suggest Alcolol (with an "L", not an "H") for your congestion. You can generally buy it at a real drugstore, it comes in a bottle that looks a bit like peroxide, you gargle with it for as long as you can stand it, then spit a bunch of times (sounds weird I know but it really works for me). It starts to clear up sinus congestion after the first use, I generally use it for 2-3 days, 1-4x daily when I get to feeling stuffy. The other things that works really well for congestion is to go swimming or hot tubbing, the humidity does wonders for your congestion and it's a lot more fun than hanging your head over a pot of boiling water.

Mike, glad to hear you survived the weather. And here I thought MI was tornado alley, guess it's moved south for the season.

Quinn, I'm glad to hear that your tackling your dog fears. Our youngest 2 DD's were both at one time or another afraid of dogs. One of my best buddies had a great big German Shepard that helped them get over it, he was like a giant plush toy to both of them (sadly he passed on last summer). So instead of puppies you might try geriatric dogs? I think it's great that you're going to tackle a fear and be a benefit to the community at the same time, good for you. I would consider doing something similar, but I'm afraid of doing cartwheels, and I just can't see how that could benefit the community.

Congratulations Stacey, now all I want to do is pull out some Harry B and shimmy. LOL.

Congrats on the 5 lbs Makerbabe, and on the 1/2 lb Mern. I totally hear you on the "it doesn't melt off easily bit, I've got that same issue. Of course it might melt off easier if I skipped the Chinese Buffet? Yesterday the kids were totally cracking me up, they couldn't decide between Chuck E. Cheese and the Chinese buffet and decided that it would be just heavenly if the two combined and they called it Chuck E. Chinese, so they could play a bunch of games and eat like fat Kings!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.