FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 4/4/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3921-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-4-4-11-a.html)

taubele 04-07-2011 05:49 AM

Only have very little time to quickly report; will respond to all later!

Wednesday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Achieve a 7,000 calorie deficit by the end of the week (through a combination of eating and exercising) M: -771 T: -647 W: -1,136 (week total = -2554)
2) Do not take off two days in a row from exercising. M: Day off T: Unfortunately, I did not exercise W: 15 minutes cardio, 45 weights!
3) Achieve a 35% protein average for the week M: 21% T: 20% W: 29% (weekly average 23.3%)
4) Carbs at or below 50% average for the week M: 50% T: 46% W: 48% (weekly average 48%)
5) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie! M: N/A T: N/A W: Yes!
6) At least 96 oz. water daily M: yes T: yes W: yes

Other Life Stuff:
1) Laundry, laundry, laundry -- put away, ironed, spring cleaning and donation of clothes I simply no longer want to wear! M: Put away two whole baskets! T: Nada W: Ironing got done!
2) Buy new makeup and a flatiron for the disaster of hair on my head M-F: No, weekend
3) Buy small Easter presents to send to family M: No T: No W: No
4) Balance savings/expenditures (this is a weekend goal, won't be updating until then!) M-F: N/A
5) Work on my embroidery for at least five hours this week M: No T: No W: No
6) Don't worry, be happy! M: Was in a great mood yesterday! T: Utter failure W: I did better, but still had a bad day

Better late than never, right? >.>

Still having a stressful work week, but I managed to get some weights lifted yesterday! Not too shabby. Today is looking pretty good so far, hopefully I won't blow it ;)

~Terri

01gt4.6 04-07-2011 06:40 AM

quinn, I'm not sure what's causing the issue.

canary52 04-07-2011 06:51 AM

Terri, I hope your day and week go better.

Congrats to Rhoda and her family! For my part, babies are a blessing and so sweet, you must eat them up (not literally please).

I too could not log in this am.

I am totally eating clean and it has helped my fibro, helped clear up some of my blues, I am tasting my food more and reeeeally enjoying it and I lost at least 3 pounds since I started at the beginning of the week. I actually even went to the gym today. Whoo hoo!

The only question I have: Does anyone know if magnesium supplements can cause headaches? I have a whopping one today I am holding at bay with Advil.

cjohnson728 04-07-2011 07:27 AM

Crimpet, thanks so much for the info. I've been hitting the ginger tea pretty hard, and massaging my sinuses, and eating oranges. Also been drinking lemon water and have honey in other tea also. I have a sinus mask filled with flaxseed that can be heated or chilled; that's helped a bit, and I just picked up a neti pot: SO many folks have recommended that to me. I'll see how it works.

I just got back from taking my son to the minefield...orthodontist. Unknowingly, I scheduled his consultation during their birthday celebration. All sorts of Chick-Fil-A, cake, and chocolate candy all over the lobby :(. Apparently chocolate is braces-friendly. I was good; hearing depressing news about your kid's mouth is not really conducive to stuffing one's face, I guess.

Rhoda, congrats on the new addition! Happy times.

Hope, glad you are feeling better.

Terri, nice job on the goals!

Quinn, sorry to read about your car. Just when you think everything is going your way, wham!

01gt4.6 04-07-2011 09:37 AM

It looks like the things that I'm doing good on don't take much effort or care. I don't care what I eat, so I don't care about my pie chart, so I don't care if I have a setback.

I really don't know what's gotten into me, besides the stress. I have been unusually cranky lately. I hate it, I hate feeling like this. Why is it that the only guy here, is the one person that bitches the most?

Yesterday I did a "random act of kindness" and that was the highlight of my day. I was driving through New Orleans, came up on an older lady that was broke down in her Bronco. Hood popped, lights flashing, steam flowing and coolent leaking. I climbed under it and couldn't locate the issue so I helped her pull into a gas station and I waiting until she had a ride on the way. Besides that I've been a bastard all week.:(

Health & Fitness Goals:

1) Log food and report every day even weekends yesno (reported but didn't log everything) yes
2) work out 3 times-strength noyes no
3) Spring's here... resume daily neighborhood walks. (use my own dog :D) no, no, no
4) forget the pie chart yes, yes, yes
5) take magnesium supplements yes, yes no
6) Feel good about the progress I've already made and not get upset if I have a setback! yes, yes, yes
7) Water (128oz/day) yes,no yes
8) Don't eat out yes, no, no
9) 3 days 5 minute Jump Rope no, no, no
10) 5 fruits/veggies daily yes, yes, yes
11) Protein powder after every workout - in a smoothie!N/A, yes, N/A

Non Health & Fitness Goals:
1) Smile more, bitch less NO, NO, NO:(
2) Reconnect with old friends no, no, no
3) make some money no, no, no:(

Mern 04-07-2011 09:49 AM

But, Mike, you're our FAVORITE bastard. LOL I hope things start looking up for you soon. Big hug to ya!

cjohnson728 04-07-2011 09:53 AM

Hope, I take a magnesium supplement as well and I've not noticed headaches. Are you prone to them?

Mike, I don't think you're bitching the most. Maybe we ladies just know how to sublimate it better.

I've really had an "off" couple weeks, too. Maybe something's in the southern air. Sometimes the best thing to do is give in to it, let it ride a bit, and get it out of your system. Do you box? Would be a great outlet and get rid of tension at the same time.

LOL, Mern...well said :)

quinnesec 04-07-2011 10:10 AM

Cassie,

Sounds like we both had an expensive week! :mad: I did the braces with my oldest... wasn't fun... or cheap!

Mike,

You really pushed yourself hard to get to your goal weight, both mentally and physically. Then, you were hit with a lot of other garbage. You're probably just plain old "worn out". Take the week off, without guilt, and take care of yourself. As soon as the fatigue passes, you'll be your old "chipper" self. ;)

Doing the healthy eating thing, long term, means that we all need to be rebellious once in a while. It's impossible to eat perfectly all the time. I kind of like the boxing thing... I'd like to hit the person who hit my car! :D LOL
I hear you like Sonic... that would be rebellious! :D

01gt4.6 04-07-2011 10:10 AM

Mern, that's a priceless comment. :D

Cassie, I use to box and do martial arts but that was a long time ago. I'm too old for all that stuff now.

cjohnson728 04-07-2011 11:45 AM

Mike, never too old. As long as you're not boxing someone who will hit you back in the head.

Quinn, the more immediate problem is that a wisdom tooth is fused to the second molar. So surgery will have to happen first :(. What makes me really upset, though, is that two years ago, he was pronounced fine and not in need of braces. Now, when everyone else is coming out of theirs, his will be going on...in time for high school and all the social anxieties that will bring. To say nothing of the trumpet. I guess it's impossible to "return" kitchen renovations for a refund, huh?

I think maybe we need a virtual heavy bag thread...what would you like to punch?? :D

Well, need to go write a check for the guys that just did $900 worth of work on the HVAC :(. I just can't get ahead!