Notices

Weighing in over 300lbs

Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weighing in over 300lbs

Hi Everyone . . .

I'm new to all this, but I have found this site useful already !! To see everyone being so motivating and helpful is just great !!

What I am wondering is if there are any women out there who started their weightloss journey at my size (over 300lbs or 136kg) who would be kind enough to share their stories with me and how they were successful

ALSO, if there are any woman out there who are at the beginning of their journey like me who would like to share with me our journey I would be just so appreciative

Thanks in advance

L
Old 04-03-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi L
Welcome. There are lots of women here in your size - you've come the right place. Many however, seem to take the weekend off, so don't get discouraged if the replys are a little slow.

And by all means please join in on any of the existing threads - especially the motivation thread. It will begin with a brand new round Monday morning.

"see" ya around.

Pam
Old 04-03-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Member

I was a little lighter than 300lbs, but I'm short. Does that count? One thing that helped me incredibly in the beginning was just to log what I ate for 3-4 days. I didn't really diet or anything, I just studied my habits. One of my best friends is a nutritionist and she suggested the log telling me that I couldn't really head in a new direction until I understood where I stood. I know myself to be a creature of habit and it helped me tremendously to study those habits for a few days. I found out that I ate breakfast like 3-4 times/day, I had a potential coffee issue (cause I poured a lot of junk in each cup) and that I had an afternoon snacking problem. So one by one I took on my bad habits and tried to make them healthier for me. As it turned out I also had some good habits, which I've tried to capitalize on. And I agree the motivational thread is a good stop.
Old 04-05-2011, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ElleNTT
What I am wondering is if there are any women out there who started their weightloss journey at my size (over 300lbs or 136kg)
I am just starting out and I am at 352. My immediate goal is to lose 75lbs by mid October.