Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011

Old 03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday Report

Gosh, by time I rad all the messages on the thread, I was locked out and had to sign in again and by time I logged in again, there was a whole additional page. Lots of activity......

Goals for the week:
  • 1000 daily calorie deficit yes
  • Elliptical 3-4X per week yes
  • Balance ball stretching daily no
  • Read a book started
  • Limit coffee to one cup per day yes
Accomplished intervals level 2 on the elliptical for 24 mintues for the second day....turning it up and feeling good. Replaced coffee with green tea. Lots of water.

Here's looking forward to a great Tuesday....
Old 03-28-2011, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Molly, your story sounded very scary, but I am so happy you and your friend were there to find him and get him help.

jjeand, congrats on the breakup!! you're freeeeee.

rose, enjoy THE city and spending time with your mom. it looks like you'll get some nice weather.

congrats Mern on the weightloss! fantastic job!!!

today was good in the sense that my cals are pretty low, and my ratios are good, but i ate 22 sour gummy candies. 12 of them are 110 cals. i also didn't exercise. i went to bed really late bc i couldn't put down "the glass castle." such a great book! i have 30 pages left that i have saved for tonight.

good night everyone!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

This week I will need to set goals to carry me till April 8th as I leave on holidays Thur. I'm still working on my fitness plan. I have managed to log onto fitday.com from my blackberry but it is a pain. I want to journal each day so I don't mess up my stats as well as for control. I do plan on getting lots of exercise.

I overate 2000 extra calories Sat and have not been hungry the last two days -- happy with 1250 calories instead of 1550.

Goal to lose 1 more pound by Thur -- my last day on a scales for 8 days; then to at least not gain when away.

Mary
Old 03-28-2011, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

Acameron – wow, you’re seriously busy this week, aren’t you? I do hope you find time to squish everything in and get your papers handed in and fly through your exams, too! Good luck with not ordering out!

Terri – holy dooley! That must have really hurt, your poor man. And I know embroidery needles have bigger eyeholes than sewing needles, too . . . ouch! It’s insane that you guys don’t have a free public healthcare system in America.
Oh, and I got that certain email, then sent out another certain email, so it’s all done.
And well done on coming to peaceful terms with your scale! Hehe.
Smoothie recipe – we throw some low-fat yoghurt in with a bit of skim milk, add half a banana per person and some tinned or frozen berries along with the protein powder and a handful of ice. We had vanilla flavoured soy powder last time, and it tasted kind of like malted milk. My partner wanted chocolate this time and he got a huge tub of it (sigh) and it was really quite gross and grainy. We are getting unflavoured whey protein next (has been ordered), so hopefully the smoothies will start tasting good again. It’s a bit of a boring recipe, but it works.

Lindsey – sorry about not being accepted at your audition. Is there another squad you can try out for?

Mern – half a pound! Woo! Go you!

JJ – Good on you. And haha-almeeker. Yep, that’s the way to go. Get yourself done over in some small way to mark the new chapter.

Cassie – well done on your productive weekend! I love weekends like that – at the end of it, you feel like you’ve actually accomplished more than being able to critique crappy movies.

Rhoda – Happy Birthday for yesterday! Are you a new auntie yet? Did you have an amazing time with your kids?

Sandi – haha! But no! Don’t go back to your lollies!

Bubbs – well done on the elliptical! And yay for the coffee to tea substitution!

The weather is lovely and rainy, the clouds are delectably gloomy, I did my plyo before I took my son to school (oh, and I didn’t touch the pause button, everyone. Not once. Yeah! Grrr!) and the whole area around my house is deafeningly silent. I love these days. I also lost 800g, which is 1.7lbs (after my 700g gain last week) which may possibly be the cause of my deliriously giddy mood today, as I have officially passed my 150lb mini goal. Who rocks? Yeah, I rock.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Fitness Goals:

1. Achieve at least ONE unassisted pull-up. Not yet
2. Give every workout everything I've got. Yes
3. Drink 2L of water per day. Yes
4. Keep carbs at or below 30%. Yes (25%, 61g)
5. Take multi-vitamin daily! Yes

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Finish washing clothes. No
2. Keep positive attitude in the house. Yes
3. Make an appointment to see 8yo's teacher. No
Old 03-28-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Rose, no apologies necessary. Glad you are back, though. How's your little guy?
Thanks Cassie. The little guy is improving a little every day. He has several bite wounds on his head, one major one that is taking its time to heal and an injured eye. His inner eyelid was torn, it was so gruesome but I have been faithfully putting drops in his eyes every 8 hours and disinfecting the wound and giving him his antibiotics. His spirits are definitely high now. He is almost back to his jaunty little self but he does hate his cone with a vengeance. He keeps trying to get it off. The little bugger! I'm just so happy that he is going to make a full recovery. I do love that little guy!

Thanks Julia! I am really looking forward to being in NYC tomorrow. I can't wait!!!
Old 03-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Super Moderator

1. Stay on calorie target (changes daily, depends on exercise). Almost; off by <100
2. Balance the pie chart. I'll give it a B, B-
3. 2-3 big blue water bottles daily. Yes
4. Sleep 7 hours per night (I will get this goal this week, dammit!). No-6
5. 5 fruits and veggies per day. No-3
6. No sodas (had given them up, then diet ones snuck back in). Yes

7. Work on office. No
8. Finish trim in bedroom and bathroom over weekend, no excuses. Not yet
9. Shop for fashion-challenged DH before discount coupon expires Saturday. Not yet
10. Follow up on outstanding billing. Not yet

Well, today was sort of an exception. Still feeling under the weather, and besides making a big pot of chicken vegetable soup, my food's consisted of mostly yogurt and bread I made over the weekend. Hopefully tommorow I'll feel better and can get back on track.

Nice job so far this week, all who have reported in...
Old 03-28-2011, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

I'll reply to everyone tomorrow. I had a hectic day, had company come over and I boiled another sack of crawfish and grilled for everyone. Just cleared out the house except for a few extra kids, about to unwind and call it a day.

Back To Basics!

Health & Fitness:

1. floss 7 times yes
2. gallon of water per day yes 147.6
3. Vitamin Daily yes
4. Fish Oil Daily yes
5. Weekly calories consumed to be +/- 500 burned -54
6. Workout (like a beast) 3 times no
7. 200 Chinups 30
8. get back to my journal no
9. Protein Shake ONLY FOR POST WORKOUT (get nutrients from real food) yes (none)
10. Weigh in Monday morning and Sunday morning and post #'s (stay +/- 1 pound) 170.4
11. Push, motivate, or encourage the next person to post (behaze) no & also do one of their goals.
Non Health & Fitness:

12. Business drop-ins once no
13. Call 10 current clients and touch base 2
14. Say something nice to a stranger (not flirting) 3 times no
15. One RANDOM act of kindness no
Originally Posted by behaze
Keep positive attitude in the house.
yes

I think that's enough to keep me busy.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-29-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks ladies (and Mike) now all I can think about is jelly beans Hahaha. I found ones that look like the old fashion but are actually sour when you bite needless to say that bad didn’t last. I’m a sucker for gummy candies.
Smoothies- I can’t tolerate milk early in the morning and I hate the GMO-soy groups that are available now so I usually mix frozen fruit, water and a bit or juice together with flax seed oil (helps thicken and gets the omegas).
Terri- Glad you got him all patched up, hopefully your guy will be extra careful at the shop and wear an extra set of latex or rubber gloves.
Lindsey- hope you hear back with your dance background take it as an extra push for a better opportunity.
Mary- have a great trip!
Behaze- That’s awesome congrats on the mini goal and way to not touch the pause!
Rose- So glad to hear he is doing better!

One final is done and an essay! Feeling pretty good right now tried on a pair of pants that I bought before I did my knee in and haven't been able to get into them since. Well today I am rocking the pants and if I do say so they look even better that before

Food:
1) keep an 800 calorie deficit M:-573
2) LIMIT coffee intake max one a day: M: ZERO!
3) No carb Wednesday and Friday:
4) Try to avoid ordering in dinner (my fiance has already said they are on speed dial this week as he is swamped with work too): M: Homemade cob salad
5) Start drinking my shakes again: M:N

Non-Food:
1) Deep breathing exercises: M:Y
2) Journal my thoughts/feelings to avoid that overwhelmed feeling M:N (too busy writing everything else)
3) Go for celebratory "girls night" once I make it through this week!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day: yes!
2. do my workout 6/7 days: Yes!
3. 10,000 steps a day: yes: 10502 steps
4. limit 1900 cals a day:yes: 1704
5. no fast food (not sure about this coming sunday may be going out for father's b-day, but will try and make a healthy choice if i go out then):yes,
6. Take multi-vit and vit c everyday:yes,

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list: worked on alittle bit, hard to fully finish the list when things get added on lol
2. put away clean laundry: no
3. put away dirty laundry: no
4. Vaccum my floor: no
5. Clean off my desk: no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.