FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/28/2011 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3834-7-day-motivational-thread-week-starting-03-28-2011-a.html)

yunalee 03-28-2011 12:24 AM

after not doing so well last week it's time to start over this week! i plan to do better this week.

good news tho i finally got my new laptop, and it's a beast, it's freaking huge for a laptop. weighs over 10lbs

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day:
2. do my workout 6/7 days: Yes!(already done for today)
3. 10,000 steps a day:
4. limit 1900 cals a day:
5. no fast food (not sure about this coming sunday may be going out for father's b-day, but will try and make a healthy choice if i go out then):
6. Take multi-vit and vit c everyday:

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list:
2. put away clean laundry:
3. put away dirty laundry:
4. Vaccum my floor:
5. Clean off my desk:

sandi olson 03-28-2011 12:27 AM

Well, I've been off the thread for 10 days or so--will I ever stop being "busy"?!!

I scanned through the old thread before I realized a new one was started. So many interesting people, doing interesting things--makes me think my life must be boring (although I know it's not!). And I'm seeing new names in this thread. Good luck to all of you this week!

My habits got a bit derailed for a few days bcs I went to San Francisco to check up on my little grandson. I thought I was doing pretty OK until the last couple of days, and an unplanned airport delay. So when I got on the scale, I'd put on a pound or two. Intellectually I knew it was water retention, but I still had a little freak-out.

On another note, I think a lot of you ladies are young, with young children. I've totally forgotten child development stuff. My cute little grandson is just 8-1/2 months old, seems to never stop smiling (and it's a big one!), is seldom grumpy. I was reading to him and told him to turn the page. And he did! Not just once, but every page, and he did it the next day. I also asked him to point out the moon in the book, and he did that. It seems weird for such a tiny person--especially one who doesn't even crawl yet!

So back to fitness stuff. After my minor derailment, I'm back on my regular exercise routine. My daily calorie counts are up around 1400, but that's OK with me. I'll just lose at a slower rate. And I'm almost to my goal of 122#, but I'll miss the goal date 4/1. A minor tweaking will fix that.

Start weight 1/1/11: 135
Today 3/28: 124 (total loss 11! Goody-goody!)
Next Monday: 123 (?)

acameron34 03-28-2011 01:14 AM

Crimpet- good luck getting the right mixture!
Behaze- I love the one un-assisted pull up, I was getting a complex from Mike’s 200:p
MakerBabe- That’s awesome! Congratulations!

This week will be tough to stay on track, I'm swamped with finals at Univerity (really looking forward to being finished in December). I have 3x 12 page papers due by Friday a final exam today and Wednesday which doesn't seem so bad except for the fact I have 5x 10 hour work days ahead of me too. The "older" lady who covers for me when I'm at school caused a car accident two weeks ago. Shes alright but we are really worried that it may have been a stroke so shes NOT alowed to be on her own (by our say). They have her being tested and wearing a heart monitor but shes like a grandmother to us so we don't want to take any chances. So going to keep the goals easy this week and push back my goal weight by 2 weeks instead of getting down.

Food:
1) keep an 800 calorie deficit
2) LIMIT coffee intake max one a day
3) No carb Wednesday and Friday
4) Try to avoid ordering in dinner (my fiance has already said they are on speed dial this week as he is swamped with work too)
5) Start drinking my shakes again

Non-Food:
1) Deep breathing exercises
2) Journal my thoughts/feelings to avoid that overwhelmed feeling
3) Go for celebratory "girls night" once I make it through this week!

Mern 03-28-2011 02:08 AM

Crimpet, sorry about your yucky batch of smoothies. Last year I made a gallon of a drink that was supposed to speed up metabolism--it had cucumber, fresh ginger, lemon and some other spices. Sounded delicious, but was just horrible. I tried so hard to drink it so as not to waste it, but it actually made me gag and I wound up throwing it away. Aw, best wishes on the passport issue. I'm rooting for you to lose two whole pounds this week.

MollySue, what a scare you had! Congrats on the cycling exercise, though.

Welcome, AceofCurls

Acameron, best wishes this week for you and your elderly lady friend.

Sandi, wonderful that you had such a great time with your grandson-smart little dude! Rooting you on to goal--maybe you'll see 122 instead of 123 next week. :)

I lost half a pound this week despite being horrible on water consumption and getting little exercise.

Continuing my weekly goals:
Calorie limit 1600
Carbs less fiber limit 25g
Work harder on getting in 120 protein EVERY day
Get serious about drinking 64 oz. water per day
Exercise

Crimpet 03-28-2011 02:21 AM

Mern- Did you juice the cucumber and then mix it with the rest? I remember when I started drinking juiced cucumbers a few months ago. They made me gag because they were such a rich 'green' taste..chloraphyl(sp) but I'm use to it now. I think what made my smoothie so yuckie was I mixed cucumber with carrot juice..which is just disgusting lol I may do a small test taste on your mixture though lol I like experimenting...no bulk batches though lol

Also, CONGRATS on the the half a pound! ^_^

taubele 03-28-2011 03:04 AM

Ergh, I disappeared over the weekend :(

It was due to a variety of things, but mostly:

1) Wind storms in my area kept knocking out the power, so I just turned the computer off and snuggled up with a good book

2) Sunday afternoon, BF was helping me with a very silly problem with a tube of fabric adhesive -- supposed to punch a hole through the neck of the bottle with "a fine pin". We couldn't find a safety pin, so he was using one of my needles and trying to muscle it in there...

...and the needle (a craft/embroidery needle) went THROUGH his finger. And NOT the pointy end. The pointy end was in the neck of the bottle and got stuck. The BACK end of the needle (the part with the hoop for the embroidery floss) went into his index finger and OUT the other side, right next to his fingernail. How does that even HAPPEN?!

You can imagine the chaos that ensued. He was in a lot of pain. We managed to get the needle out fairly easily, thank goodness (unfortunately, he does not have health insurance right now and we can't afford the emergency room visit) but I felt terrible.

It ended up not bleeding much, and we've got it wrapped up good and tight. He insisted on going to work today. To work on cars. Dirty, dirty cars. With a messed up finger. I'm worried about infection, but hopefully he just keeps in clean.

He has avowed never to work with superglue again. Last time we were trying to mess with an adhesive/superglue, he managed to shove a small screwdriver under his fingernail on his other hand.

So..I was a little distracted yesterday :eek:

However, the scale said 193.7 this morning. I'll take it!

Good luck on your goals this week, everyone. And behaze, I sent out a certain e-mail this morning :) My goals aren't changing too terribly, though I hope I can stick with most of them. Someone is flying in this Thursday to aid me in the lab, so I don't know what my lunches/workdays will be like. He'll be staying through the weekend, so I'll be working this weekend too.

I did buy a heart rate monitor on Sunday before the accident, curious to use it this week!

Weekly Goals:

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 calories, track everything
2) Average 30% protein for the week
3) 96 oz. water daily
4) 5 hours of exercise, split between weights and hard cardio
5) Use heart rate monitor each workout this week
6) Use new protein powder in a shake after each workout (though the taste is blergh. I need a smoothie recipe!)

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) One hour of needlework every night
2) Rework 2 original chapters for book by Wednesday
3) Focus on extra work coming, do whatever hours are necessary this week/weekend
4) Buy a couple of small plants for the apartment, the place needs some green!

lnbrock 03-28-2011 03:15 AM

Soooo...for those who saw my story last week...the audition didn't go so well yesterday :S Well actually, I thought it went really well, but somehow I didn't even make the first cut. Given my dance training and background, I *know* that wasn't the problem...so then it comes down to body size and type, unfortunately. I've emailed the coaches for feedback, so we'll see if they can identify that as the real reason or not.... Anyway, sort of de-motivating for this week, to have someone indirectly tell you that, despite losing 12 lbs and looking better than ever, that's not good enough...but, we shall keep going....

This week's Goals:

1) Keep calories under 1400

2) Exercise 30 minutes minimum/5 days

4) Keep carbs down - 170 g/day or 130%, according to my fitday metre

5) Start bi-weekly (Weds/Sun) weigh-ins on Wii-Fit: it's more accurate than my bathroom scale.

Non-Fitness Goals:

1) Clean kitchen
2) Put away clean laundry, and tidy closet and master bathroom
3) Prep guest bedroom and bathroom for visitors on Friday

lnbrock 03-28-2011 03:32 AM

taubele: you will find your heart rate monitor to be a revelation! I am addicted to mine, and it gives you a WAY better idea of how well you are working at the gym!

Also, for the protein powder smoothies, what sort of protein did you buy? - I bought soy isolate at Safeway the other day because I find it has less taste, but bf can stomach that icky taste and smell, so he goes with chocolate whey protein. For his smoothies, I mix 1-2 scoops of protein with 1-2 oz chocolate frozen yogurt, 3-4 skim milk/almond milk/soy milk, small handful (15-20 g) spinach, and a dash (really, just a dash! - less than 1 tsp.) of peppermint extract. He says it tastes like those minty Girl Guide cookies!

Good luck this week!

01gt4.6 03-28-2011 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by lnbrock (Post 41483)
taubele: you will find your heart rate monitor to be a revelation! I am addicted to mine, and it gives you a WAY better idea of how well you are working at the gym!

Also, for the protein powder smoothies, what sort of protein did you buy? - I bought soy isolate at Safeway the other day because I find it has less taste, but bf can stomach that icky taste and smell, so he goes with chocolate whey protein. For his smoothies, I mix 1-2 scoops of protein with 1-2 oz chocolate frozen yogurt, 3-4 skim milk/almond milk/soy milk, small handful (15-20 g) spinach, and a dash (really, just a dash! - less than 1 tsp.) of peppermint extract. He says it tastes like those minty Girl Guide cookies!

Good luck this week!

Sorry to hear that the audition didn't go so well for you. Try to think of it as a motivator instead of a de-motivator. As far as protein goes, I either use MGN cake batter or ice cream sandwich flavor and it's very good... almost addictive. That's why it's in my goal this week to cut back on it.

taubele 03-28-2011 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by lnbrock (Post 41483)

Good luck this week!

I bought the chocolate whey stuff :) Though I didn't add anything to it when I made the "smoothie" (just ice, one scoop of powder, and 5 fl oz. of milk). I'll figure out how to add things to it to make it taste better - but thanks for the hints! Frozen yogurt would probably help, and I may add some fruit as well or...something! lol

Also sorry to hear about your audition - as mike said - motivator, not de-motivator!! I do hope they get back to you, I always hate when I don't get feedback, for good or ill.