FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Anyone from the UK? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3823-anyone-uk.html)

scaried 03-26-2011 06:24 AM

Anyone from the UK?

Hi all!

I am new here and on a weight loss mission!

I was just wondering if anyone here is from the uk? It would be so lovely to have some one to chat to in the evening about it and it seems like most of the peeps on here are from the us so different time zone :(

Best of luck to you all and I'm looking forward to browsing more through these grest forums :)

Sarah x

kajajo 03-26-2011 09:10 AM

I was born in the UK though that doesn't put me in the same time zone, as a friend in England says when I am tormenting him "The colonials are getting uppity" Lizzie is in Ireland so she is in the same time zone as you, and I am quite sure there are others not in North America. BTW welcome and post often.

scaried 03-26-2011 10:17 AM

Hi Kajajo.

Thanks for your reply! Where abouts in the uk were you born? I'm from the east of England, norfolk.

Thanks for the welcome too.
Sarah
x

tillypops89 03-27-2011 01:41 AM

Hello!

I'm Tilly and I'm 23 from the Midlands! I just joined this site today and I also need someone to motivate me! I have lost a stone since I started eating healthily but I've got 5 stones left to lose to reach my goal weight of 13 stones. Would love to have shifted the weight by Christmas 2011 but it's hard because I love wine and chocolate!! So far I have been sticking to around 1500 calories per day but not exercising apart from walking to/from work. I need to start some sort of structured exercise, so I need motivation/ideas for that.
I am home from work around 6pm Mon-Fri and am usually online for a bit in the evenings so feel free to message me on here and we can encourage eachother!
Tilly x

kajajo 03-27-2011 04:26 AM

Sarah, I was born in Southport, and still have many relations living in and around that area. I have lived in Canada since I was 2 though so I have no accent to speak of. Tilly, my nick name given me by my dad when I was little was always Tillymint, my mum still calls me that occasionally even though I am nearing 50. Welcome to you also.

scaried 03-27-2011 05:08 AM

Thanks girls for the replies!

Tilly - that would be great - I am also online in the evenings usually so will drop you a message - looking forward to gettig to know you and hopefully we can give each other some motivation/inspiration! I too need to up my exercise.

And Tilly2 lol I have always wanted to go to Canada and will one day! My friends have been and loved every second.

Happy rest of the weekend!

Sarah
x

Lizards13 03-29-2011 09:34 AM

Hello and welcome

Originally Posted by tillypops89 (Post 41332)
Hello!

Would love to have shifted the weight by Christmas 2011 but it's hard because I love wine and chocolate!!
Tilly x

A fellow lover of the great things in life I see. I am from N Ireland as Dee said and as my thread name implies I am on most days posting my ups and downs. You should find the forums helpful, I know I have and we are all in the same boat, sometimes we do very well and sometimes we slip up but we are only human after all. Dee has some great and inspiring postings, as do many others, just check in and let us know how things are going with you both.:)