Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 04-20-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Pam, I can so relate to where you are. I am also very dedicated to weight training and at 5'2" a weight of 116 is actually an extremely comfortable weight for me. And in past few months I can see such a difference in my body...the scale doesn't really mean anything. My goal was 112, but I'm re-thinking that. I'm not sure any more loss would be a loss of the right thing. Unless it disappeared from my middle...that's where any excess resides. Menopause....has it's pros...has it's cons I'm wondering if attempting to lose any more belly will result in losing muscle I've workied so hard for. I really love being strong

Becky
Old 04-21-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah!!! I finally broke my "barrier" of 120 lbs. I was 119 this morning after dancing around the 121-123 (OK, 122-124) mark for a few months. I have actually had to buy smaller jeans because although I like my pants loose, they were getting ridiculous. But I don't want to buy too many things until I actually meet my goal of 115. I began at 137 at the end of November and have steadily been losing. So I am excited about this morning. I will visit my family in CA in June and wanted to feel better about myself. Still, I keep myself in check when my sister says that she's jealous of my weightloss by telling her, truthfully, that although I am excited about my weightloss, I am still not tone and suspect I still have to exchange some of the weight I have from "fat pounds" to "muscle mass". I haven't been as good as I should about exercising...I got tired of my indoor workout videos and Spring in WI so far has not been consistent with "outside" weather(wet, rainy andd windy-yuck!). We finally have a break in the weather so I am heading out for a bike ride.

dear_abby: I go through all the self-talk justifications that you described...good thing the minister "helped" you. i got a good chuckle out of your story,though.

Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Easter.
Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Congrat Etlosenow!
As I said I was stuck on this 128 for a while. This morning, the magic spell broken. 127, OMG, I can believe it. I get off and on the scale sevral times to make sure that I wasn't dreaming. 127, Yeahhhhh!!!!

Mai
Old 04-28-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default How's everyone doing?

I'm going bring this back up top so it doesn't get lost.

These days I am mostly working out, watching what I eat, and not worring too much about the scale.

The heavy weight lifting I have been doing for the last 2 months is starting to show up on my figure. For once in my life, I am starting to actually like my arms! They will never be called "willowy" but they are certainly getting more shapely .
Old 04-28-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Does anyone know how to reduce belly fat? What kind of excercise I should do more?
Since I lost some weight, my belly reduce as well. However, I wanted to reduce even more because my goal date coming soon and I want to wear bikini. I like the rest of my body (arms, legs, shoulders, back and booties) all nice but my belly needs to be tighten more.
I heard that if you still have more weight to lose, should not do crunches or ab excersice. Because you built muscles under the fat, and it makes your belly look bigger. Correct me if Iam wrong.
What should i do ?
Old 04-28-2011, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Just wanna say, I think every woman who wants to should wear a bikini. I was super bikiniphobic*, even at normal/thin weights, most of my life. A light bulb clicked on holiday in France, when I saw how easy and casual French women of all ages and shapes seemed to be with their bodies. No froofy wraps or sarongs, or awkward surf shorts. Lovehandles and tummies worn indifferently. (Mind you, I didn't see that many women more than 20 lbs overweight.) Still, the attitude is different from the neurotic business here in North America... I'm not cured of it yet, but will try to throw on my bikini at least once this summer, no matter how much weight I lose, or don't.

*Not quite as bad as Nigella Lawson appeared to be last week, though. (I know that's about skin cancer concerns, but... wow.)

Last edited by pinenutcasserole; 04-28-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Does anyone know how to reduce belly fat? What kind of excercise I should do more?
Since I lost some weight, my belly reduce as well. However, I wanted to reduce even more because my goal date coming soon and I want to wear bikini. I like the rest of my body (arms, legs, shoulders, back and booties) all nice but my belly needs to be tighten more.
I heard that if you still have more weight to lose, should not do crunches or ab excersice. Because you built muscles under the fat, and it makes your belly look bigger. Correct me if Iam wrong.
What should i do ?
I'd like to point you to the following website: stumptuous.com

specifically this category on body fat: Why eat (or not) :: stumptuous.com

The author goes over spot reduction, and many other myths about body fat.

Moving right along, hi all, I'm new! I'm in that bracket of trying to lose those dang last 10 or so pounds, signed up to fitday to watch my carbs and calories like a hawk, and hopefully overcome those last stubborn few to achieve my dream weight of 150.

I was 176 at the beginning of deployment (I'm navy) and I'm roughly somewhere around 165 right now, I'm not sure as I only get weighed in once a month. I'll find out for sure friday, it's weigh in day. I've been stuck around this area for a while now though, *pout*

At 5 foot 7 I left highschool at 150, and thats where I would like to return, lol.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome "Leftover" I'm also heading to 150, and got within 9 pounds of it last night!

Thanks for serving the country, we need you!

Abby
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dear_abby
Welcome "Leftover" I'm also heading to 150, and got within 9 pounds of it last night!

Thanks for serving the country, we need you!

Abby
Congratulations on bieng so close!

and thanks for the kind words.

I'm kinda anxious to get weighed in, I hope I'm closer to 160 than my guesstimate of 165, hah. I think I'll ask for tape measuremants too, since I noticed the site supports that data. This place is pretty dang nifty.
Old 05-05-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by leftover
Congratulations on bieng so close!

and thanks for the kind words.

I'm kinda anxious to get weighed in, I hope I'm closer to 160 than my guesstimate of 165, hah. I think I'll ask for tape measuremants too, since I noticed the site supports that data. This place is pretty dang nifty.
Thanks - I was at 168 before Thanksgiving - I resolved the holidays would be "maintain not gain", and came back from Christmas at 166, it's been downhill (in a good way) since then, so we're right on the same path, I've beaten down the grass a little bit for you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.