Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I think I could wear bikini now or even when I was 142 pounds if I have all the confidence in the world. But I don't have that kind of confidence. I am still working on it. 2 more months to my beach vacation. I will work hard for it.

Yesterday, I really didn't want to run but I think about that bikini and i said. "Just do it."
I did great , too. Ran 44second faster than I usually do. I feel so good.

Weather I will wear bikini this summer or not (depend if I reach my goal 115), it's still a win win situation for me. Looking at that bikini motivate me reach my goal.
Have a nice, good week everyone.
Mai
Old 04-04-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri

Yesterday, I really didn't want to run but I think about that bikini and i said. "Just do it."
I did great , too. Ran 44second faster than I usually do. I feel so good.

Mai

Mai, my major exercise used to be running. I had those days when i didn't want to go out. I would tell myself to just go out and walk to keep up the routine, and would usually end up running anyway. So I think the hardest part was getting out the door.

I do my weigh ins on Monday and am STILL 122.5 today, so officially have not reached my goal of 122. But it will happen this week, I'm sure.

Good luck everyone!
Sandi
Old 04-04-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone!

I've started watching my diet, excercising etc. one and a half month ago, and until today I have lost... 3 pounds (three pounds!!! ). I need to lose 7,8 more pounds (although my target is 12 pounds less), and it's just frustrating... I've been doing cardio 3 times a week, and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred every day... I haven't tasted any form of sugar for 24 days now ( yes, I'm counting... ) except in fruits, drinking at least 2.5 liters of water a day, not eating more than 1200 calories, and all I have is 3 pounds less. Yes, my waist is 1 inch, and my hips 2 inches thinner, but the scale is not cooperating...

Since this is very frustrating, and some chocolate bars are on the shelf looking at me, I decided to share my misery with you.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi MmeSpark,
Welcome aboard! I feel your frustration - don't let those naughty chocolate bars get the better of you .

Sometimes it is just better to just put the scale away for a while. 'Cuz wow, an inch off your waste and 2 off the hips is fantastic. With all the exercise you are doing it is quite likely you are just retaining fluids due to mild inflammation. The day after a long run or lots of heavy lifting I rarely show any weight loss at all, but once I get a day or 2 rest, sometimes the pounds magically disappear. Crazy!

It looks like have made great progress even if your scale is not cooperating, so keep up the good work and know that weight isn't the only indicator of a healthy body!

Pam
Old 04-04-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Sandi, you will get there. you are so close.

Mmespark, hang in there. We all know how hard it is, but it worthess to stick with it. Congrats on your inches, that awesome, keep it up.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:47 PM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=anderson02;41833]Hi, I went to check out that book on Amazon ($7 used btw). I was disappointed at the page preview. I was hoping to see a few of the exercises but they only preview text portions.

How long have you been using the book? I have a couple other books but haven't incorporated them into my workout yet. I have Buff Brides (already married but whatever ) and then a step aerobics one by Tamilee Webb. Both of those books are black and white

I haven't been back here for a little bit. Well, it's been about three weeks that I've been on one of the programs. .the skinny jeans workout. They say that if you follow that program, as well doing some cardio, and monitoring what you eat, then you should lose two dress sizes in two months. I will say this. .it seems to be working so far, jeans fit more loosely. .and I'm actually doing less cardio 30-40 minutes, vs. the hour I did before. I'm doing more weights/calisthenics, though. What's great about the programs is that each has warmup exercises, that really end up warming you up for the weights/workout.

Honestly, having this book is like having your own personal trainer. They have fourteen programs you could try, and you could probably go for several years, before going through all the programs. Each of the programs are 12 weeks in length. Sound like I'm plugging the book, but this really helped me!
Old 04-05-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default With Community we can do anything!

Hi Ladies,
What a great supportive bunch to peek in on! I’m at 164 pretty steadily for a while now, that’s progress from hitting up to 170 on my bad days. I hope to get those 14 off by my birthday, June 20th – that way, I can move a big weight on the scale, I hope someone has a “congratulations” balloon for me when I do that!
Abby
Old 04-05-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Everyone,

I'd stopped posting for a while (since Feb 2) but need to get back. I began at 137.0 at the end of November and am currently at 121.0 pounds. I have six pounds left, which is great except I have been between the 6-8 pounds to go for about two months now. I need to get down to business and lose these. All the reasons above sound familiar--I also fell out of my exercise routine. With the weather getting nicer (WI), I will hopefully do more stuff outside. Need that support so I can hit my goal and maintain while I head to CA mid- June.

I update my weight progress on Mondays. Good Luck to you all. I'm hoping to get that extra support I need from this group and give support in return.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

outdrgrl05, Have you check out this book at the library. I always check at the library first. They maight have it.

etlosenow, You did a good job. I have the same goal like you 115 by June 3. but I have tiwice the weight to lose (13 pound). Let's get back on the work out, be a little stricter in our diet. We can do it.
Mai
Old 04-05-2011, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
outdrgrl05, Have you check out this book at the library. I always check at the library first. They maight have it.

etlosenow, You did a good job. I have the same goal like you 115 by June 3. but I have tiwice the weight to lose (13 pound). Let's get back on the work out, be a little stricter in our diet. We can do it.
Mai
Hello Mai,
Actually, I already bought the book after reading reviews for it on Amazon. I went to Borders, and spent some time looking through it. It's well worth it, because it's working. They might have it at the library. .

Congrats on the weight loss, everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.