Notices

Restart: 5-15lb club

Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi etlosenow,
Welcome back. You have lots of company here... up lose a pound, gain 2, lose 2 pounds, gain one.. all working for those last few.
Stick with it, you'll get there (and hopefully drag a couple of us along with you )

Pam
Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,

I am stuck on this 128 quite a while. Now I feel tired of my diet. I wonder if I should take a break for a couple of week? Or maybe put my scale away (b/c it's drive me nut).
Is it a good idea or not?
Any advice will be appreciate.
Mai
Old 04-07-2011, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Mai, might be time to take a break and work on maintaining. I took some "time off" while my kids were on spring break last week. It's been much easier this week to stick with my plan (Lost ~1/2 of the weight I gained last week) because I got all my favorite foods last week. What difference does it make if it takes an extra couple of weeks to reach our goals? I am confident that I WILL eventually reach mine! Maintenance will be a lifelong battle for us, as those lost pounds always seem to be trying to find their way back!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks nottango for responding! I think I will do that. I will work on maintaining for a few week, just to keep me saint.
Still eat clean and excercise, but not worries about what the scale said. I will get back when I am ready.
Thanks again,
mai
Old 04-08-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Cool Me stuck too

The scale isn't showing any change, but my measurements are .

Given the choice between no change on the scale, but a smaller, shapelier body; and no change in body size and shape, but a lower weight I think I'll take the body changes.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I am pretty sure part of the problem is lots of weight training which has partly replaced the running. I just do not have enough time and energy to both run and do the CrossFit Work Out of the Day in the same day. So my aerobic activity has dropped of a bit.

I will getting a %Body Fat measurement done at the end of the month so we'll see if my guess is correct.

Pam
Old 04-11-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

hello everyone,

i have to join the weight loss battle again, lost all the weight i was planing to lose but in the maitenance part, i just fell apart. i went down to 120 lbs but now, back at 126.6 my jean feels a bit to tight and i don't like the feeling. ahhh, why does it have to be so hard to maintaine the weight????
Old 04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hey farah, I've been singing the same song. Not up by much, but enough to make the smaller pants snug, then back down, then back up...it IS hard. Even though you're still a perfectly fine weight, it's not what you got used to, and that's frustrating.

I jumped onto the 7-day-motivational thread to get myself back on track and it helps, if you want to scoot on over and take a look. We all set goals every Monday and check in...very fluid, no rules, no spankings when we do bad, but lots of encouragement!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Cassie,
i seriously have to join the group u mentioned. i do need the motivation again and to be count accountable. it's gonna be back to basics again, eat right, drink water and exercise, what i kinda forgot when i got to my weight goal.
Old 04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by farahb7
Hey Cassie,
i seriously have to join the group u mentioned. i do need the motivation again and to be count accountable. it's gonna be back to basics again, eat right, drink water and exercise, what i kinda forgot when i got to my weight goal.
Jump on over...we just started a new one today; it's never too late to put in your goals!

And we thought losing it was the hard part!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default I guess I wasn’t supposed to cheat

So, I forgot to bring in on of my 3 PM goodie bags yesterday, and the conspiracy was afoot. I am preparing an Easter dinner basket for a family in a domestic violence shelter – the recommended list included chocolate as well as the dinner ingredients. So, I stopped at CVS planning to get a bunny or some chocolate eggs – they had bags of assorted good looking stuff two bags for $5, or one for $3.25 – seems like a no brainer, but I put the second bag back because I knew I’d end up opening it on the subway (giving myself excuses like “obesity is a problem in the community I am trying to help, mustn’t overdo the sugar").

When I was standing on the subway platform the one bag was still calling my name, I started making excuses like “the chocolates are individually wrapped, so you could just take off the outer wrapping, and they’d still be nice for the dinner basket..”, as I was trying to figure out how to justify this, someone walked up and said “hi”, it was one of the ministers from church, I couldn’t let him catch me stealing chocolates from the poor kids who had to hide from a violent parent, so they stayed safely wrapped!

Abby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.