Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-24-2011, 05:07 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I appreciate everyone sharing their views on the weight loss journey. I feel that it's the same for all of us, and it's different for all of us. In other words, some things we have in common, and some things we will never understand. For example, I would never presume to post in the 100 pounds to lose thread, because I've never been there.
Is this a hint to me? Should I not be posting here?

BTW maintaining can be difficult but what I find harder is making up my damn mind. My original goal was 192#, once I hit it I wanted 185#, hit it and wanted 180#, so on and so on. I now have my goal of 165# by May 9th. This morning I was 166#!! I swear this is it, I think 165# is low enough. I don't want to be a "skinny" guy. If in the future y'all see me post something stupid about going below 165#, kick me in the ass (watch out for my head) and remind me that skinny is not attractive on a guy.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-24-2011 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Is this a hint to me? Should I not be posting here?
Not at all! This verifies your posting here. Even if you've never been a woman, you've had weight to lose, and struggles to deal with, and something in common with all of us, just not everything. You have motivation and goals and you have 7 days. So this thread is perfectly appropriate for you and I would be heartbroken if you left

I claim first on the kicking, if it becomes necessary!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

I have a feeling that people would take a number to get in line to kick me.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

BTW maintaining can be difficult but what I find harder is making up my damn mind. My original goal was 192#, once I hit it I wanted 185#, hit it and wanted 180#, so on and so on. I now have my goal of 165# by May 9th. This morning I was 166#!! I swear this is it, I think 165# is low enough. I don't want to be a "skinny" guy. If in the future y'all see me post something stupid about going below 165#, kick me in the ass (watch out for my head) and remind me that skinny is not attractive on a guy.
Mike,

It is hard to settle on a "correct" weight. It's kind of like buying something on line and not knowing exactly what it's going to look like until you see it in person. Try 165 out for a month and see if it's easy for you to maintain... take it for a "test drive".

I get what you're saying about "the skinny guy" thing. My husband is 6'3" and got down to 180 and I hated it. He was at a healthy BMI of 22.5 but he looked like a cross between a string bean and a giraffe. Ask those around you that will give you an honest opinion. My mother told my husband that he looked "gaunt" and "old"!!! (You have to love 85 year old women!) Now that was honest! But it made him put a few pounds back on.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Member

Terri ~ that word 'choose' is awesome i'm going to keep it at the front of my mind...lol.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

I love that some of you are so close to your weight goals. That is super impressive and one day I hope to be there. I can't believe that nobody offers support for you when you are so close. That is just rude. They supported you all the way there, why not help you to 'win'!!.... This is still not what I meant when I said only 5 lbs to lose either, but I don't think that anyone is going to understand my true meaning so I will just say that it is the naturally thin person who always is a size 2 or 3 and eats a dozen doughnuts and a bag of chips throughout the day and has no effect then decides one day to lose 5 lbs to get down to the next lower size of clothes. Why? I don't know. Maybe that is their issue. And I guess that is why my comment came out so wrong, because I understand my end of it and not theirs.

I just want to be here to offer support and receive it back. I'm sorry to have upset so many of you by not wording something more thoughtfully.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:24 AM
FitDay Member

Bhaze, is your humidity worse than usual due to all the rain and flooding?

Mike, sorry 'bout your sore chest and arms. Lordy, that's a lot of pushups. You'll have muscles like The Incredible Hulk by the time you're done! LOL Kudos on your food and fitness achievements this week! "kick me in the ass (watch out for my head) " LOL LOL LOL

Cassie, you're doing an admirable job on your goals again this week. I sent a comment to Sunny Anderson of the Food Network a few months ago about a recipe she made where she said the onion and celery in the recipe should be discarded after cooking because it was used just for flavor. I cordially suggested in the future she tell the viewers to put unserved veggies in the fridge and add it to their next casserole, veggie dish, or pot of soup. I don't even throw out crockpot juices from roasts or from nuking chicken cutlets--I put them in the freezer until I have enough to use as or add to a soup stock.

binatangmerah, wishing you health and happiness.

Stacey, so sorry 'bout your migraine! Three of my grandkids suffer with those--including the vomitting and dizziness that accompanies an attack. Hmm, good idea on the notebook. Let us know if you followed through and if it helped.

Terri, we certainly are on the same page with our loved ones who need their switches flipped to see the light on how to take better care of themselves so they can share longer lives with us. Smart like Shyla or goofy like Toto, we were so lucky to have those dogs in our lives.

Quinn, LOL on "Girls of Fitday Gone Wild- Spring Break Edition"...
Old 03-24-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday's achievements:

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1599
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 20.7
Protein target 120g, actual 153g
Got in my omega-3 from food sources
No sugar free candy, no low carb tortilla or soft taco (I think I' ve got that under control now)

Water goal 64 oz. achieved
Exercise: 2 miles aerobic walking DVD
Old 03-24-2011, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

staceyalberta: I definitely think we should be buddies! - we're in the same geographic vicinity, so we can complain about the same crappy weather together, and our current weights and goals are close together too!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,

Congratulations on holding that calorie count under budget! Whew! I have a question for you and if you've answered it before, I apologize. But what tripped the switch for you to become healthy by natural means? Due to multiple drug allergies, I'm really holistic, too. The reason I ask is that I have a relative who is an insulin dependent, type II diabetic who still refuses to do anything for her health. She's overweight and uses diabetes as an excuse for why she can't diet. As long as she has a pill for cholesterol and a syringe for insulin, she's fine with it. We're so worried about her. We just don't know what to do anymore. Every year, the health issues keep multiplying. I know that she has to flip that switch herself, and that's why I'm curious. We're beyond worried and heading toward scared.

What did it for you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.