Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011 >

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread: Week Starting 03/21/2011

Old 03-22-2011, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Monday

Hi Everyone,

I am so relieved about my sweet Chico doing better but now I have a sinus cold. I feel pretty crappy but at this point, I am certain that after this streak of badness I am going to have a superbly joyous Spring and a massive streak of good luck. Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket. I'm due for a mulit-million dollar win and if I do and I am flying everyone on this thread out to a tropical resort for a week.

Shockingly I sort of have no appetite and I seriously did not eat enough yesterday so I am hoping to do better today.

My goals (trying to keep it simple):

1. Calories between 1200-1600: NO 919
2. Water: 2 litres per day: YES
3. Exercise 5 times this week
4. Take my multivitamin: YES
5. Try to stay sane: I THINK SO

Amy, thank you so much for the well wishes and how cute that you have a pet bunny. Sorry she gave you a scare though.

Mike, when I tell Chico that he's handsome he cocks his head and perks up his ears. Of course I think he is incredibly good looking but I know I am biased. More importantly he is one of the sweetest creatures and could not have deserved this attack any less.

Cassie, I am pretty excited about our weekend at Mern's. I'll have to bring Chico of course so I hope that's okay because he is a boy. I can bring red wine too and I'll make my amazing seafood risotto if Mern doesn't mind me taking over her kitchen.

acameron, thank you so miuch for the kind thoughts. I am so relieved that my fur baby is on the mend. He's 14 and I've had him since he was a tiny puppy so our bond is very close. He really is my sweet little baby. He's the kindest little dog you'll ever meet!

Quinn, I wouldn't worry so much if I were you... you're doing great. You deserved that cake break!

Rubypeanut, welcome back! Sounds like you did not do to much damage at all. 2 pounds is nothing! I now have a sinus cold and am miserable. It's a real bummer to be sick.

Have a great Tuesday, Everyone!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Karen my deepest condolences. At this point family is most important we'll be around after. Take care of yourself sending good cyber-vibes your way this week.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie: LOL! It might have been. My mom IS a whiz with the duct tape, and I'm pretty sure he's holding together because of that...and because he doesn't want to make her mad I'll have to ask him about the Q-tip next time I go home!

Rose: I'm so glad Chico is looking better - he has a precious little face! I hope both of you are able to rest a little bit after the ordeal.

yuna: Keeping my fingers crossed for you on the interview!

rubypeanut: Welcome back, and feel better! Sounds like some great news at the doctor, that's always a relief

almeeker: I'm really curious about your no-grain resolution for the week and to see how it comes out, I've often wondered if those grain-based things are more sneaky than other carbs, too.

Quinn: Have your cake and eat it too! Parenting is probably the toughest job in the world!

Karen: Deepest condolences for you and your family about your father. Take care of yourself and surround yourself with loved ones; I can only imagine how difficult it must be. We'll be here if and when you need us.

~Terri
Old 03-22-2011, 02:57 AM
Super Moderator

rubypeanut, I hope things start to get better and you find the silver lining.

Karen, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care of yourself and family, we’ll be here when you get back.

Rose, I’m glad to hear that Chico is doing better. He sounds like a funny little guy. What is going to happen to the bully that attacked him?

Almeeker, Yes, that’s its name. The taste wasn’t bad, but not like the regular tea taste that I was expecting. It had an after taste that I think was anise. It worked and it was subtle, it wasn’t one of those moments where you’re sweating in your car wondering if you’re going to make it off the bridge and to the next exit. It took about 8-10hrs but I didn’t feel any cramping or anything. Take it before bed and in the morning you’ll be good to go, literally.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Food:
~ stick to my food plan m nope
~ log all food i eat m nope
~ 90 oz of water m nope

Non-Food:
~ cardio 4 times a week m yes, t yes
~ strength 4 times a week m nope
~ yoga 3 times a week not yet
~ journal 3 times this week not yet
~ journal instead of emotional eating not yet
~ put effort into what i wear every day m yes
Old 03-22-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card...

Weight Goals:
1. Calories under 1600 day - already blew that with a trip to the chinese restaurant for lunch with the hubby. We do that about once a month. M(NO)
2. Drink 80 oz water daily - M(no, 70)
3. Work out M, W & F - M(no)
4. Stretches & relaxing T & T

Non-weight goals
1. Don't let my younger son get to me - M(yes!)
2. Look further into foster parenting (classes start tonight) - M(yes )
3. Spring clean (including closets...off Thurs & Fri for this)
4. Outside yard work this weekend

I am not sure how all of you keep up with what each person is saying in their posts! Maybe because I am usually posting in between tasks at work. I did want to say I was sorry to read about your dog Rose and very sorry to Karen in the loss you suffered this week. I love my dogs dearly and will have to introduce you guys to them some time.

Last edited by wildbeanerz; 03-22-2011 at 03:38 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

mern ~ you go girl! you are not the only one worried about the future & wanting to be medication free. with my arthritis it is on my mind too. i'll be 41 in may & i'm also thinking/worried about when i'll have my hip replaced i know it is a matter of when & not if. okay don't make me hurt you with the 'shorts on comment' ~SIGH~ my exercise goals are pretty manageable i walk to work so that takes care of my cardio my routines for my strength training are not very long but very effective for my body. you did awesome at the restaurant. i've often brought stuff to restaurants even chicken...lol...you go girl.

rose ~ omg your poor little guy. i hope he recovers quickly. that is good news about his eye. not something you want to be dealing with at the moment. more snow here today too i'll join you in the screaming. glad to hear your fur baby is healing up. i know you'll be glad to get him home.

rubypeanut ~ good to see you back

behaze ~ i'm sure your little gain is from totm & adding muscle.

well my week didn't get off to the great start i wanted ~sigh.~ yesterday my place was littered with camping gear. even though the camp out was only for one night you need more gear because its winter. however chris said to just leave it & he'd tidy up yesterday....well...he didn't tidy up any of it...lol. so i worked all day went home & then had to pick up camping gear to find chris still in his pj's & not even showered ~sigh~ have to admit i was annoyed. so i didn't make the best choice for supper. for my son & chris i made a nice omelet with veggies & toast. it's actually one of my son's favorite meals...lol. for me i ate cereal & pretzels...lol. i know the cereal isn't that bad however to stick to my food plan i'm not to eat any wheat...lol....oh well it is only one day. more snow over night which made walking to work a pain in the behind.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default First time post

Hello All!

This is my first time posting on this thread, but I really like the motivation it provides! My weekend was not great, but it could have been worse! So here are my goals for this week:

Fitness/food:

1. Do some form of exercise every day (at least 5 days of Tae Bo) - M(Yes)
2. Keep my calories under control (not really sure what that means, but I'm trying...) - M(Kinda...)
3. Eat more fruits/veggies (other than bananas) - M(Yes)
4. Stay under 1600 Calories for the week - M (NO)
Non-Fitness/Food:

1. Do my best to make it through the work week without getting depressed about the weather (snow/slush/ick!)
2. Get as much laundry done as possible (the pile just keeps growing!)
3. Reorganize the kids' toys and gain floor space in our living room

Last edited by erinmrystrom; 03-22-2011 at 05:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Makerbabe, cyber hugs to you, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We're here if and when you need us. This spot is not specifically about diet and exercise, it's also about support whenever you need it.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Almeeker, Yes, that’s its name. The taste wasn’t bad, but not like the regular tea taste that I was expecting. It had an after taste that I think was anise. It worked and it was subtle, it wasn’t one of those moments where you’re sweating in your car wondering if you’re going to make it off the bridge and to the next exit. It took about 8-10hrs but I didn’t feel any cramping or anything. Take it before bed and in the morning you’ll be good to go, literally.
Thanks Mike, it's sort of funny that it's called "Smooth Move" and contains anise. Thanks for the review. My local health food store is excellent at finding things that aren't on the beaten path, so I'll be checking there first. Even if they don't have it, they will find it and special order it for me.

Stacey I hear you on the joint replacement, only for me it's knees. All the women in my dad's family have bad knees, and all of the ones over 60 have to carry x-rays of their titanium alloy knee caps for when they go through metal detectors. My kids don't have a prayer, my MIL has artificial knees too and is headed toward hip joint replacement as well.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-22-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
FitDay Member

well ladys some good news ..My sister is going to be having her baby any day now I am so excited this is her first after 4 failed so we are so happy for her...just wonder if it will be a boy or a girl, just hope that she does not have it on my birthday the 28 the baby needs his/her own day and to top that off I have lost another pound this are going good.
Think positive and positive things will happen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.