Notices

30 Pound Club?

Old 02-24-2010, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default 30 Pound Club?

Hello, I'm new to these forums and I'm enjoying it a lot! While looking around, I see a lot of 5-15, 100+, etc., but I didn't know how we start a thread for 30 pounds or a range from 25-50 pounds. I like the idea of having the weekly weigh-ins a lot.

Any advice?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hey Runner!
I saw your post in the Exercize section. 30 lbs is (was) my goal. I am about half way there now. I am on a medically supervised diet which has worked very well for me. 1200 cals - which is somewhere around 2 lbs per week for my activity load. But last week's weigh in was a bit of a bummer as I had only lost 2 lb in 2 weeks, but hey it's better that gaining 2 lbs. All the posts and threads warn me that it will get tougher the closer I get to the goal, so I am prepared, but hoping that I might be the exception
What's you motivation?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

We could make this just such a thread!

I started at 182, am now 164, and want to end up 135-140 or a comfortable size 8. I am 5'5, 36 years old. I used to be a size 6 back in the day but I don't want to be that thin again. For one, it was hard to find clothes that fit-at my height, anything that fit in the waist was too short in the legs/sleeves. And I have to face facts, I'm not as young as I used to be

Short term, my goal is 150 with some muscle tone before warm weather hits so I can wear sundresses again.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Lizzy,
I started out at 169. My immediate goal is 139, from there we'll see... It depends a little on %fat. I'd like to get in the 20 - 25% range, which I suspect will be more like 130lbs. But since I haven't weighed that little since I was in high school, it is a little hard to imagine for this 52 year old. I am 5'4" and have always been active. Once I decided to lose the weight the exercize program wasn't much of an issue, it was mostly adjusting my eating. And I have to say the FitDay has been a god-sent. I have tried journaling in notebooks off and on for years, but it never really helped or stuck. However, with FitDay, being such a data-geek, it has been pretty fun to log in my daily consumption and then look at all the graphs, and charts. I am increasingly using it to plan meals too. Some one else noted that they plan their whole day ahead of time using FitDay, which I thought was a pretty cleaver idea.

It's been a long time since I have been comfortable in a sundress - I think I might borrow your motivator - that's a great idea!
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
FitDay Member

Hi
Just read the posts in this thread and it was if I had written them myself I can so identify, I am almost 35yo 5'5 and am currently at 166 having started at about 185 my final goal is 138 cant remember the last time I weighed this maybe highschool, In anycase am loving fitday it really keeps me honest, my motivation is to get to my goal in my 35th year would love to have done so by my birthday but as it is in about 3 weeks am not gonna achieve it so will aim for June.
I usually weigh in on Sundays which I guess is Saturday for you guys being that I am in australia, anyway would really love to keep up with how everyone is doin through this thread. We can all motivate each other

Kayla
Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to join in as well. I am 52, almost 53, 5'5". Currently at 166 and my goal is 130 - 135. I always felt good about myself at that weight. My weigh-in is on Monday, but since I have done horrible this week, may not see a loss. Will let you know. This can become our WW meetings. lol
Old 02-26-2010, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

BTW - my name is Trish and I live in Westfield, IN about 20 minutes north of Indianapolis.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Weighed in today at 163-19 lbs lost and will be what I weighed before my son in 3 more pounds! WOOHOOO!!! That just leaves the 25 lbs from my firstborn to go . I'm hoping this epic snowfall won't keep me from the gym tomorrow, I finally made it back last Wednesday afternoon. But if it does, the backup plan is to do Pilates at home tomorrow, cardio at the gym Sunday. Can't do the weights Sunday because I plan to do them Monday. Home workouts just aren't as good, but it's better than nothing. I just want to make it to the gym 3 times this week like I'm supposed to.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Fear of scales

Hi all,
Congrats Lizzy! It looks like we are all aiming for somewhere in the 130's. Trish and Kayjay great to read your stories!

I usually weigh in every-other week at the Dr's office. He uses % fat as the more important measure rather than just weight - which is great. It also spews out a lot of other data like %water, BMI, basal metabolism and other stuff, which fuels the data-geek in me. I have a long standing fear of scales . But I finally faced up to the fear this week and bought an impedence scale (one of the fancy ones that will calculate %fat, etc). It should arrive some time next week I'll let you know how long it sits in the box before I actually use it!
Old 02-26-2010, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Hi I would like to join this club too. I am 61 years old, 5 7 1/2, weight 170. This is the most I have ever weighed and I am fed up. I joined ww when I was forty and got down to 126... lost 20 pounds. But I swear each decade I gain. I know I can't be in the 120 where I stayed till I hit my forties... I think 140 will be good and maybe go a little lower. I just need to get my control back. I started on this site two days ago. Leaning more towards exercise and high fiber foods like fruits and veggies. So far I have lost two pounds. I am a life time member with ww but it just doesn't work for me any more. So I think this is my new start. I will post my progress each Wednesday. Good luck to everyone. I know we can do this, we are women!!

Last edited by monterey211; 02-26-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.