Community
Notices

I want to lose 100 pounds!

Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default I want to lose 100 pounds!

I'm tired of being fat. In three years I'd say i've put on nearly 75 pounds! If not more. I weighed myself today and that blue screen read a whopping 255.0! Disgusting. I'm only 22.. I feel horrible about myself.

More recently I have been getting worse. I found out in December that my father, who I am very close with, has a very rare and sever cancer. He is in bad shape right now and we don't think he has much time left. I have been really depressed and can come home from the hospital in tears and eat half a gallon of ice cream before I even realize what I am doing.. Its a very poor excuse, I know.

I want to be around for years and years to come! My boyfriend and I have been going to the gym unsteadily for the past 2 months. We try to lift weights 3 times a week. I am also fairly active. I like to ride my bike and go on long hikes. I think this will mostly be diet and self control to get started.

I am going to try and start setting daily goals because they seem more manageable for me at this point. Tomorrow I want to go for a nice 5 mile walk on the bike path the goes around my town. Rain or shine!!

I just wanted to make my first post and I'm sorry if its a mess. My minds a jumble!!
Old 03-06-2011, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about dad, that is a tough thing to live with and you would not be the only one to eat a gallon of ice cream in that situation. So far I like your plan to increase your exercise, that has helped me a lot in the past year. It might also help you take the edge off when coping with what is happening with dad. Good luck honey. Oh you might want to check out some of the 100 pound threads or the 7-day motivational thread.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:02 PM
FitDay Member

First of all I am sorry to hear about your dad, secondly welcome. I have found the best way to stay on track is to account for every single thing that I shove in my mouth, good or bad, and to come here as often as possible and read the troubles others are going through, I don't always respond unless I have something inciteful to say, but just knowing that other people are dealing with what I am dealing with, and sometimes even worse situations keeps me motivated.

Dee
Old 03-11-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry that you are going through this with your Dad, been there and I know how hard it is. As Dee said it helps to put it all down, seeing what you are truly eating can sometimes make you think twice the next time. Of course you will have slip ups especially with what's going on in your life but don't give up, get to grips now while you're young and have a long and healthy life. Good luck.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

MakerBabe, we are here for you. My dad passed away about 10 years ago from lung cancer and was the most difficult time ever. The best gift you can give your dad is to love yourself, take care of yourself and see how beautiful you are. Every day can be a gift to him that you love him and will take good care of yourself. He needs to know that you are not destroying yourself, but hanging on and will make this difficult time mean something. I know that you love your daddie, I loved mine.

We care about you..
Old 03-15-2011, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

I just made this account tonight and I am so glad I found your post. I'm 21 years old, and 275 pounds. I've been feeling like since I've been bigger than all the other girls my entire life, that I'm stuck here(and when you're overweight, no matter your age, you feel very easily defeated just by looking in the mirror or at a scale). I've gone on diets, taken diet pills, tried exercising, all of which that I did not follow through with and gave up on. Hopefully using this website to track what I eat every day, and my physical activity, along with all of the encouraging members, I'll be able to stick with my goal this time. I hope to hear more from you. If you ever need to talk to someone, I'd be more than glad to.

Trina