Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-17-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mtlgirl
Sandi thanks so much for the tip! I did feel like I was sliding off a little.

Hope, what is a gel seat?... Ok I googled it and found an on line shop that sells them. I think I will order one as soon as I get back from holiday. Thanks so much for the advice!
Rose, if you get that gel seat, make sure you can interchange it with a spin bike. We do a cycling training camp where we use our own seats, but we also had to order the post. I have seen people with seat covers made with gel that just slip over the seat.

I don't get sore at all anymore--too many butt callouses! Too many bikes, too many bike seats--my plan is to own enough bikes so I never get used to anything! (And at all times to have just one more bike than my husband. Ha!)
Old 03-17-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Had an awesome day Wednesday. Spine is a bit sore from pushing myself yesterday, but that's fine with me. It was worth it. Shoveled off my deck yesterday too which, in hindsight, probably wasn't such a good idea. (Great exercise, though!)

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. close, under, under
2. Keep BMI under 20. 19.8, 19.8, 19.8
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily. yes, yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. no, at HS yesterday, no- time constraints, yes-2 hours
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily. yes, yes, yes
6. Floss every day. yes, yes, yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". yes, yes, yes
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person. yes, yes, yes
3. Draw out a plan on Friday morning for how I'm going to handle eating situations over the weekend. Map out eating, meal by meal, and stick to it.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie - I admire you and everyone else that logs their food for the day in the MORNING. I do it "after the fact" in the evening. When I discover I have under 1000 calories, I run to the kitchen looking for healthy additions that fulfill my nutrient needs--fruit, cereal, chocolate soy milk (hot with cinnamon!). I try very hard to NOT be under 1000.

For 9 days it seemed my scale was "stuck." I knew things would change but I was getting impatient and getting discouraged. A couple days ago my scale dropped, and I had a huge surprise today--it dropped again! When I checked weight versus goal, I am pretty much back on. So I will be back Monday with my goals for the week.

Good luck to everyone. I've enjoyed reading your posts but can't respond to all. Some of you do a great job. How do you remember who you're talking to?!! Other than jotting notes? It's wonderful.

Sandi
Old 03-17-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

"Quinn, wow, sounds like you had a magnificent hike! Lucky lady! It was pretty cold here in Canada... in Fahrenheit I'm guessing around 35 degrees. Can't wait for it to warm up! But I live in the city so I'd never have lunch with a deer. Sounds like you had a fantastic experience!"

Rose,

I live on the edge of a woods near a river so it's not uncommon for us to have deer, wild turkeys, fox, even an occasional bear right in our yard. (The bear aren't all that scarey... they just steal all of the neighborhood bird feeders. )

By the way... Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! I was born with a very Irish "Mc" name, so I'll have to find some green to wear...
Old 03-17-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sandi olson
Rose, if you get that gel seat, make sure you can interchange it with a spin bike. We do a cycling training camp where we use our own seats, but we also had to order the post. I have seen people with seat covers made with gel that just slip over the seat.

I don't get sore at all anymore--too many butt callouses! Too many bikes, too many bike seats--my plan is to own enough bikes so I never get used to anything! (And at all times to have just one more bike than my husband. Ha!)
I just used the one you slip on over the bike seat. Is that one bad? It sure helped me
Old 03-17-2011, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) lower carb - yes 52g,81.5, 46
2) no more than 1600 cals- 1427, 1610, 1457
3) water water everywhere: 40 oz +16 diet soda, 70, ?
4) gym or stretch at least 3x -stretch, no, gym woo hoo
5) write, do not spend 50 hours per day on e mail and Fitday - did a bit, started a new piece but was very fibro sick and had to go to bed, did not go crazy with the Fitday; for T: writing class, discussion, editing, yes
Old 03-17-2011, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

My scale was down again this morning. This time to 167.0 lbs.. This now has me wondering if I'm losing to fast. I'm afraid at this pace that I'd may be losing muscle. I tried to measure my bf% but couldn't come up with an accurate #.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

quinn -- lol!! Train Your Brain to Get Thin indeed. Actually, I will say that in the process of writing these books I became more interested in nutrition, as did the main author, and we included some healthy eating chapters in them, especially in the "Get Happy" book! FitDay and the wonderful people here were both definitely some of the inspiration for that, so thanks you guys!!!

Rose -- Eeeekkk!! Breaking things is the worst And thank you for the praise. Honestly, I sometimes feel as if I haven't earned it all and that I've somehow fooled people into giving me my Ph.D. >.> <.< The book opportunity unexpectedly fell directly in my lap. My sister's high school friend works in publishing, and had forwarded me a message RIGHT after I got my Ph.D. (I think three weeks after?) about someone she knew in the business looking for a neuroscientist to consult. My response was basically "Gee whiz, I just got my Ph.D., you'll probably want someone with more of a 'name' in the field." But she convinced me to call the agent in charge of recruiting, and in chatting with her I found out we had the same alma mater. It sort of seemed like crazy fate, because my undergraduate college was TINY. So I think it was all just happy coincidence, and it's a great experience!

yuna -- Swimming is GREAT, isn't it? I'd like to get back in the pool myself! Looking forward to it this summer, as there's a pool on campus, and when all the undergrads are gone it'll be deserted. And good luck on your job opportunity!!!!

behaze -- I am actually going to be on the front cover, which was a shocker to me. They said that I went above and beyond my consulting role and they wanted to give me author credit. I think my name is actually going to go first () because my last name begins with "A" and I have a shiny Ph.D. associated with it. Crazy! You have a wonderful writing style and you'll get where you want to go, believe in yourself! I love reading your posts. What sort of work do you write? I could try to get you in touch with my agent, lol, she actually does a lot of fiction if you're in that field! I think she does fiction and how-to and self-help! And thanks for the compliment. Studying brains is cool!

Jenny -- lol, RIGHT! I will remember!!! Stupid trash can, ruining my day! And thank you for the congrats. As I said above, I think it was more happy coincidence than anything.

Cassie -- You are a superwoman powerhouse, way to go on your goals!

Muna -- Thanks! I hope you are feeling better today along with the rest of your family!!!

Wednesday Report Card

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 cals every day and log EVERYTHING. M: yes, 1251 T: yes, 1,347 W: yes, logged everything, 1743 calories - there was pasta involved!
2) Average 30% daily protein for the week M: 29% T: 21% W: 35% (weekly average 28%)
3) 80 oz. of water daily (I am upping this goal to stay on track with my water!) M: 81 T: 83 W: 64
4) No weighing at ALL. I mean it. NO SCALE. M: Avoided T: No, I got on it. Was down, but mad at myself for doing it. W: No scale
5) Work out 5-6 times this week. That includes twice on the weekend. I've been slacking on the weekends, and I'll probably need to get a kick to the butt by you guys on my exercise this week! M: Ugh, no. T: Yes, one hour on elliptical. W: No time
6) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Just made it T: Not even close. W: Yes

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) Edit all book chapters for publisher by Friday M: No. I also just found out this is now due Wednesday. Shoot me now. T: Got a little done. W: YES
2) Work out short and long-term finance goals with the boyfriend M: Not yet, probably not until after Wednesday T: After Wednesday W: No
3) Organize home office files M: No T: No W: No
4) Bedroom fixing - sheets and laundry M: Ordered new sheets T: No W: No
5) One hour of needlework every day to relax! M: Yes T: No W: No
6) Make efforts on hair/makeup/outfit every day (added Tuesday) T: Yes W: Yes

I went over my calories yesterday rather unexpectedly -- I was not-hungry all day, and then when I dragged myself home at 8:30 after work, I suddenly was ravenous. BF was asleep, and I proceeded to make a gigantic pasta alfredo dish with shrimp and chicken for dinner. Not terrible, but it was "enriched" rather than whole-wheat pasta, and I used a LOT of sauce. Just shaking it off though, blaming my TOTM hormones and stress, and moving on!

Feeling very, very odd this morning, though. I woke up with a killer headache and took my time getting ready in the morning, waiting for the excedrin to kick in, though it didn't. Ate a light breakfast. On the way into work, was hit with a VERY sudden wave of nausea, and didn't even have time to pull over before I got sick - I was able to at least get sick out of the window and spare my car, haha! My stomach is still feeling in a knot and I'm overall feeling as weak as a kitten physically, though I'm mentally alert.

Stress often hits me in the stomach, so I'm not sure if today I'm just experiencing the physical aftermath of my stressful days, or if I'm getting sick. I'm willing to bet it's the former, though if I get sick again I'll go home (I'm at work). My headache is at least much subsided, and started to do so right after I vomited (which is another thing that leads me to believe that this is stress).

(Though, of course, BF is worrying about pregnancy. I have physical evidence at this TOTM that It's very likely not Besides, the morning sickness timing would be very far off the endocrinological mark, if it was morning sickness! There's one good thing about studying a lot of endocrinology, at least...)

Happy St. Pat's Day to everyone!!

~Terri
Old 03-17-2011, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Could it be a migraine?
Old 03-17-2011, 04:02 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Terri, I am so sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Could it be a migraine?
Thanks Hope It's possible. Migraines run in my family (my mother and sister both get them) though as far as I know I've never gotten one. Both of them seem to be holed up for a day or two when they have a migraine attack, and I did not experience the sensitivity to light/sound they normally have - I just woke up with an allover bad headache, and then had the quick-fast nausea and vomiting, and the headache subsided -- all within an hour and a half or so.

Maybe I get "express migraines"? I'll keep that in mind though, especially if the symptoms come back together. So far I just have that weak feeling to contend with in the aftermath.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.