Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-16-2011, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

mtlgirl how do you get such a balanced pie chart. theres so much carbs in what i eat

also thought i'd add todays progress snice i'm not going to be doing anything else today but sleep.

as for my day i had a really good day. i had an interview for my co-op it was my 3rd one but i really hope i get this one i have at least a 50/50 chance snice only one other classmate got interviewed. i'll find out lastest early next week

Fitness Goals:

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day ( alittle less than 3 cups the bottle can hold)yes!, yes, yes
2. do my workout 6/7 days yes! no,yes!
3. 10,000 steps a day yes (10,032), yes (11658 apox) no (7,670 aprox) but i went swimming too
4. start cal counting again, limit 1900 somewhat had home made soup that i wouldn't know how many cals would be in it, but my intake was 1425 with a guess for the soup, Tues: counted yes, but went over abit 2083 calsyes, 1,143 cals
5. no fast food yes, yes,yes (but i was temped today)

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list took out a huge chunk of it yesterdayDid alittle bit, going to make a new homework to-do list, Weds: updated my list to invole new homework, did some WIP but didn't finish anything
2. re-stock my food (don't have like anything atm) yes only 6 cents over 100$
3. clean up my deskno, no, cleaned about half of it
4. put away clean landury no, no, no

Last edited by yunalee; 03-16-2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: update with reportcard
Old 03-16-2011, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, mtlgirl. I will look out for that brand when I go to Woolies next. I'm pretty sure I've seen something in a Sol brand before, so I'm guessing it's not an America-Only product. I would probably have better luck going to a health food shop.

Taubele - oooooooooh, nice. I'm always impressed when someone has 'neuro' in front of their title (sorry guys, 'neuro-tic' doesn't count ). Wow, won't be long before your name is in print! Will you be on the front cover as a consultant? And never fear - I think you're doing a marvellous job translating the thoughts in your head into layman's terms here on the forum! I'm glad it's opened up something new for you, and helped you with other aspects of your career. I just hope I can join the ranks of the published one day soon!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:46 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking

Hey everyone! I thought I posted yesterday, but after reading through everything it appears that I missed yesterday!? Where did it go? Ha ha!

Nonetheless, a few things:

Behaze - you asked when I found time to sleep last week, I honestly am not sure! I seemed to have gotten a decent amount as I never truly felt sleep deprived, but my activities really did only consist of Eat, Sleep and Work I think.

Terri - Definitely try not to be so hard on yourself over something that was an accident, we're all human! Look at the bright side you learned something, if there is a box near the trash can the facility guys will most likely pick it up! ha ha...Congrats on the book stuff too, it sounds pretty fun and exciting

JennyKam - welcome to the thread! Always good to have another Jenny around!

azrunner - I noticed in your sig (maybe it's part of your sig? ha ha) that you're down 7.9 - congrats on the loss, that is really awesome!

Mike - That is seriously fantastic that you're able to keep your carbs even that low, I've been coming in much higher lately...I really need to work on that! Another thing I thought of when you were talking about curbing the sweet cravings - one of the things that some of the people eating in the Zone will do is take about an ounce of fruit juice (higher in carb, but small amounts aren't usually TOO bad) and put it in about 8oz of carbonated water. Makes a delicious fizzy beverage that usually curbs the sweet craving, and you get more than just 1oz of juice

Cassie - Hope you had a great day today, sounds like you are busy busy too!

yunalee - congrats on the interview! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the co-op!

Now onto how I'm doing this week...

Here are my goals for this week (3/14 - 3/20):

Weight Goals
1. Consume 1300-1600 calories Mon-Fri, and 2000 or less Sat & Sun Yes, No, So far
2. Drink 100oz. of water Yes, Yes, Yes
3. Complete all my required workouts (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun) Yes, did an extra one on Monday too!
4. Log everything into FitDay (Haven't been doing this consistently) Yes! including my overindulgence in pizza yesterday
5. Limit Eating out of any kind (even if it's something small) to two times per week MAX. So far so good! Haven't eaten out yet, saving it up for the weekend most likely - we shall see!
6. Continue to limit myself to 1 Diet Coke per day Yes, doing better than the last few weeks even.

Personal Goals
1. Read at least 15-20 minutes out of my library books No, No, I hope so!
2. Vacuum the entire house Not yet
3. Work on the Bathroom Tile (Still is not complete ) Still haven't done anything
4. Send my friend an email regarding wedding jewelry (she's going to make it for me) Hmm, haven't done this either. I really need to work on these personal goals soon!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yunalee
mtlgirl how do you get such a balanced pie chart. theres so much carbs in what i eat
Hi Yunalee, if you look at my signature there is a link to my food log so you can see exactly what I have eaten. I experimented a lot before I got the hang of balancing the pie chart. Basically I don't eat bread or pasta. I try to get my carbs from fruits, vegetables, legumes, and in the morning I have ground chia seeds, which are pretty similar to flax seeds for fiber. This is what has worked best for me. When I go over 40% carbs I just don't lose as much weight and it's not like I lose a lot as it is. Basically it is all about trying different things and seeing what works best for you. Everyone is different and if there's one thing I've learned on Fitday, it's that what works for one person may not work for someone else. Believe me it wasn't easy lowering my carb intake at first. Of course carbs are my favourite! I just had to finally accept that bread and pasta were not my friends and had to give them up, very difficult for an Italian girl like me!

It definitely helps to plan ahead and to enter the foods you plan on eating, seeing what the percentages are, and then making the adjustments necessary before eating the food. Hope that helps! Good luck with your pie chart!
Old 03-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

My goal will be in 2 parts, 1)Monday & 2) the rest of the week

Health & Fitness:
Monday: enjoy my cheat day but keep cals within +1332 of what I burn. +1165 My numbers today are a close estimate since I didn't weigh anything. But I consumed about 3345 cals and 400g of carb. I'm glad I was able to keep some self control.

Rest of the week:
1) Net Carbs below 60g/day 64.5g grrrr I thought I set my goal at 65g, I just made my protein shake and the cottage cheese put me over! , 46.5g
2) work out 3 times yes, no
3) gallon of water a day yes 135.2oz, yes 152.1oz
4) take vitamin daily yes, yes
5) take fish oil daily yes, yes
6) -2400 cals for the 6 days -479, -423

Non-Health Related
1) 3 random acts of kindness yes, no
2) call/email 60 prospects I'll report this on Friday or Saturday

I've been out, just got in. I'll try to reply to everyone tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

I'm beat, but here was the day:

1. Average a 500 calorie daily deficit. 714, 504, 402 (no exercise did me in)
2. Carbs <50%. 40%, 48%, 44%
3. Five servings of fruits and veggies per day Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Exercise daily (which I need, if I'm going to make #1). Yes (weights), Yes (45 min run), No-literally no time today
5. Drink 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes, Yes, No-shame on me
6. Sleep 7 hours a night. No-awful-5, No-better-6, No-bad again-5.5
7. Name one thing each day I can do to prevent weekend relapse. Explain to family how tough weekends are and ask for help, I'm hanging my bathing suit on the pantry door beginning Friday afternoon, Plan meals and load into FitDay in AM both days...and eat according to plan

8. One office organizational task 5 out of 7 days this week. Yes (small, very small), Yes (small again), yes
9. Paint one room of trim this coming weekend.
10. Pick out tile for the backsplash & deal with the faucet issue. Tile done, Got pics of the faucet and need to email them to the maufacturer's customer service

Work was tough today; band event was great but long. Poor son is busting out the final draft of a paper tonight, plus studying for two tests (end of quarter). Hopefully we will both be able to sleep soon!

Mike, you more than made up for your carb overage...WTG!

Have a good night, everyone
Old 03-16-2011, 08:57 PM
FitDay Member

behaze lol catfood that reminded me of that joke where wife is in the kitchen and her husband hears her sayin 'what would you like tonight my darling, some tender chicken, juicy beef, succulent fish or yummy lamb?' and the husband says, thank you dear, i think i would like the beef, and she says, you shut up, i'm talking to the cat.

taubele, congrats on getting in the 100's way to go, girl!

yunalee, you are lucky to have a full size swimming pool (50m) all swimming pools here ale between 17-25m. When i swam 50m i used to count there-and-back as one lap, so that on five laps I has 500m and it was easy to count the distance.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Muna - haha, that's a great joke. Never heard it before.

For Thursday:

Fitness Goals:

1. Increase Water Intake to 10 cups per day. Yes, Yes, Yes (12) Yup
2. BRING IT!!! to my workouts every day. Hell, yes! With much sweat - yes! Yes, Yes
3. Cut the carbs for the first phase of workout diet. 19%, 31%, 12% (but 42% fat purely from parmesan and cashews!), 14%

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. Take a deep breath and count to 10 when I feel I'm going to snap at my rambunctious and sometimes trying 8yo, and praise him for the good things he does. Yes, Almost lost it - but yes, Yes, No
2. Discover what the floor of my laundry looks like, again. Not a chance, One load, No, Can see a few tiles!
3. Clear the random bits of miscellanea from the verandah. Nope, No, Nuh-uh, No
4. Stop screwing with people when I know they're just gonna get cranky. Nope (but I added this goal on Tuesday, my time), Yes, Yes, Yes

Nighty-night, people. Sweet dreams. See you tomorrow!
Old 03-17-2011, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Muna i looked up on the website for that pool to see how big it was, it was only 25m, but skill it tired me out only going 6 times back and forth
Old 03-17-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

I used to do competitive/distance swimming. Generally, a "lap" is swimming the length of the pool twice. A "length" is once. When you start building up endurance, like in running, 1500 meters equals 1 mile. Start with a kick board and work up to swimming. It's awesome to be able to say, " I swam one mile today!" (even if it's with a kick board to start. )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.