Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-14-2011, 04:12 PM
FitDay Member

blackrhino, what a change! Very well done. Definitely an accomplishment worth a Mickey Mouse badge.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Mike. I'll try out your recipe tomorrow after my workout. Was there a reason you stopped at day 52 the second go-round? Or were you aiming for something in particular and you achieved it at that time?
Old 03-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by behaze
Thanks, Mike. I'll try out your recipe tomorrow after my workout. Was there a reason you stopped at day 52 the second go-round? Or were you aiming for something in particular and you achieved it at that time?
I felt like it was time to try to build up. I lost a lot of weight but my chest was getting too small. You can only get it so big with a bajillion pushups. After that you have to lift really heavy weight.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:10 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, I have a memory of reading somewhere that you didn't follow the nutritional guide that came with the DVDs. Currently we are sticking fairly close to it (we sat down over the weekend to write out a shopping list and had to stop half-way through, because it was just going to be way too expensive), but I feel I am consuming too many calories for weight loss. 1800 per day just seems like overkill (I've been on roughly 1000 per day for the last five weeks or so). May I ask if you retained the 500 or more per day deficit, or were you consuming the recommended calories and it all worked out in the end? What were you logging your exercise under? Or did you have a HRM which showed calories burned and were tweaking an activity to suit (I need one of these!)?

Sorry to throw this all at you, but quite frankly, you sound like you know what you're talking about and I'm kind of floating along on Clueless Cloud (though Clueless Cloud is a nice place to be . . . ).

I know I could merely muddle my way through it and experiment with different 'settings', shall we say, but I feel I might waste a few weeks' worth of potential weight loss by stuffing around with experimentation.

As a side note, I do realise it is not strictly a weight loss tool.

By the way, your choice to stop it and start heavier weights clearly paid off!
Old 03-14-2011, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

heres my progress for yesterday :3

Fitness Goals:

1. Drink 3 of my blue water bottle a day ( alittle less than 3 cups the bottle can hold)yes!
2. do my workout 6/7 days yes!
3. 10,000 steps a day yes (10,032)
4. start cal counting again, limit 1900 somewhat had home made soup that i wouldn't know how many cals would be in it, but my intake was 1425 with a guess for the soup
5. no fast food yes

Non-Fitness Goals:

1. finish my current homework do to list took out a huge chunk of it yesterday
2. re-stock my food (don't have like anything atm) yes only 6 cents over 100$
3. clean up my deskno
4. put away clean landury no

Last edited by yunalee; 03-14-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm back even though a little late. Busy, busy, busy!

I wish I had time to read and respond to everyone's posts. I'll just try to pick one to respond to--even though I admire what you all have achieved! (I do read/scan through.)

Almeeker--I absolutely love your before and during pics. You see these in magazines, but to actually "know" the person!

So here's my dreary couple of weeks . . . I was stuck until this morning. My scale only does increments of 1/2# so when it drops, it drops. But all week I've been up-down, up-down (only by 1# though). I just wait and wait it seems!

Small back issue slowed me down a little last week. I got a bit cautious as I should have. Not painful, but a worrisome numbness that moved around, settled in my whole left buttock and hip, moved again. Ibu covered it, but I still backed off--esp squats & leg presses.

Diet was consistent--a bit of treats here and there. So . . . goals. I'm meeting most of my goals but am still weak on a few. So I'll just list those:

1. Drink more water--can't seem to get more than a couple of glasses unless I really THINK.
2. Monitor tortilla chip habit that has surfaced! Stop grabbing a handful as I head to bed! What's that about? Salt? Yum!
3. Not getting quite the cardio I want (5 days). Continue to aim for 5 days.
4. Getting 2 weight training days--replace squats with what? Leg extensions & ham curls. Continue crossfit-type training, including pushups! Ugh!

Height: 5'4.25"
Start wt 1/1/11: 135
Wt. 3/15: 125 (off goal by 1/2#--not bad!)
Mini goal 3/22: 124.5
Goal 4/1: 122 (will likely have to readjust!)

Good luck everyone!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Wow Ladies you both look amazing in the before and after pics way to go!

My goals for this week.... well had a whole set that needed to get thrown out the window, theres been a stomach flu going around the office and guess it was my turn. Decided to take it easy this week.

1) Cut out the coffee/tea
2) Drink 2-3L of water a day
3) NO sweets
4) Make wednesday and friday no refined carb days

extras:
1) Do deep breathing exercises twice a day
2) Do something nice for the ladies at work (small office all women except for one part time man)
3) Finish my readings for school (shouldn't be hard Dracula and the Time machine)
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 AM
FitDay Member

Monday report card:

Health & Fitness

1. Keep calories to 1,350-1,550, for the whole week. 1,738
2. Drink 96 oz of water. NO
3. Keep carbs under 50%. 57%
4. Exercise 6 hours. 0 min, did not sleep well Sunday and sleeping in a little seemed like the better choice.
5. Resist the urge to nibble. 75% successful, managed to stop myself a couple of times.

Other Goals

6. Sort out coupon binder. 1/2 done
7. Finish my part of the taxes. 1/2 done
8. Call my brother. NO
9. Clean 1 area of the basement. NO
10. Register for race and call SIL about same!!! No excuses. NO
11. Work on items from the "list", finish 25 for the week. NO
12. Clean 2 rooms (15 minutes each) + 1 load of laundry. 2 out of 3.
13. Buy seeds and set up plant starts, weekend project.

Yesterday was very rough, I was very sleep deprived and it showed. Had a little trouble controlling my afternoon snack; I tend to self medicate fatigue with food.

Thanks for all the lovely compliments everyone. Until I put those two pictures side by side I had no idea that my weight loss looked so dramatic. I feel like the same person, only I have more energy and my clothes are smaller (and newer). I suppose it doesn't feel like a night/day difference because the loss was gradual, rather than just waking up one morning 1/2 the size of the night before.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-15-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Got on the scale today to assess the damage... up about 3 lbs. (That's 3 lbs. in 4 days!) Stunning how fast it comes back on compared to how long it takes to get it off! But, I'll take it off (again... sigh). Talked to my husband about how hard it was to stay on track when he eggs me on to eat out with him on weekends and he basically said it was my fault if I had no willpower... which is true enough. I guess I'll just have to be a prima donna next weekend and refuse to go along with his restaurant choices, if that's how he wants to play. I usually go along with what everyone else wants, but I'm tired of continually trying to fix the damage on Mondays. Being 6'4", he can pretty much eat as he chooses without consequence and can't figure out how I gain, eating the same food... duh. Wait until he sees a single lettuce leaf on his plate tonight! lol

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. close
2. Keep BMI under 20. 19.8
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily. yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. no, at HS yesterday
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily. yes
6. Floss every day. yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". yes
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person. yes
3. Draw out a plan on Friday morning for how I'm going to handle eating situations over the weekend. Map out eating, meal by meal, and stick to it.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker and Julia,

Thanks so much for posting your pics. What a great job you both have done!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.