Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

Stacey, hang in there. I know the mental battle is harder to fight than the physical one sometimes. I am glad your bf is so supportive for you.

Glad you are back, Jen; sometimes just a quick post keeps it alive and keeps you on track. Glad you hung in over the weekend...unlike some

Mern, nice job on the food as well as walking. You are doing everything you're "supposed to." Bet you feel a whole lot better than you used to, right?

JJ, "You can be scary when you want." lol! Perfect quality to have!

Terri, I'm thinking Injury du Jour thread? Be safe today. Nice job on the goals, btw; you're so detailed there's no wiggle room!

Almeeker, all I can say for little Ms. Hardhead is something you already know: Choose the hills you're willing to die on. Actually, that's a pretty good mantra for life in general, not just parenting...but I use it a lot in parenting! Right now I am telling myself that with respect to the boy's hair. OMG, the hair.

Happy belated birthday Rose! I hope this begins an awesome year for you. Maybe I was celebrating in spirit unknowingly with all those desserts. I hope you enjoyed your special day and I'm glad you're here!

Mai, we will all be strong this weekend together. I'm thinking of doing a crisis thread beginning on Friday to help prevent struggling again this weekend.

Glad you made it in, MakerBabe. Start where and when you start, and looks like you're doing great.

Mike, hope you are having a good, low-carb day! (If there is such a thing, lol!).
Old 03-15-2011, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

"Maybe others here can share things they do (or PLAN to do) to control their weekend cheats. Can you tell us what is different for you on weekends? Like are you at home more or away from home more? Cooking more on weekends or eating out? What is different that tempts you? "__________________

Thanks Mern!
I am working from home. Taking care of my 2 kids and a few others kids for extra income. So I am home at all time during the week. Weekend is the only time I am free to go wherever I want. We eat out a couple times in the weekend. It's is super hard to try to control my eating while all the forbiden things calling me.
Also I have to watch my husband eat pizza, spaghetti, cookies, cake, icecream... all kind of food that I can't have everyday. I did very well but to a certain point I just can't take it anymore and I just want to eat it.
I did Atkins for 2 weeks. My first week went ok for 6 days, on the seven day the family went to a sausages place, I stay strong and just eat meat not the bun. On the way home they stopped at Baskin Robin and I couldn't take it anymore.
The second week, again went ok until day 13. We went out for dinner at a bar with friends and i have some Margaritas (2). I lost about 4 pounds, not as fast as many people said. But it's Ok.
My third week (last week), my birthday week, my husband plan a trip for us. Late night out, eat out for 3 days and some drink. That's it. I gain my 4 pounds back, just like that. Like Quinn said, It's took me 21/2 weeks to loose 4 pounds and gain back just in 3 days.
I am get very fustratited, mad, upset. I just wonder why can't I just say "no, I can't have that." Or maybe I just should avoid meeting people.
Thanks for reading b/c I really can't talk to anyone else about this topic, about how I feel but here.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

crisis thread beginning on Friday to help prevent struggling again this weekend.

Thanks Cassie, That's a good Ide!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

yunalee, I like your #5 goal of no fast food.

sandi, any idea of what's covering the numbness?

acameron34, you have some very solid goals set.

almeeker, Monday is over with, today is a NEW DAY.

quinn, sometimes is hard to find good choises when eating out. I posted a link a couple months ago that locates healthy restaurants in various zip codes. If you already know of a good place, let him know who's the boss and go there.

Terri, it sounds like you had a very bad day, much like my melt down last week. I hope it (and your hand) get better.

Rose, I hopped on the scale this morning as well, it was up but not like I expected. I've heard that spin classes can be very rough.

Stacey, maybe the shirt DID shirt??

Julia, I hope you're still here come wedding day.

Mern, Your macros look like mine from last week. I felt so much better like that. I'm glad you are enjoying getting in you Omega-3 with the peanut butter.

JJ, congrats on the recond day with water.

Jen, congrats on the scale going back down!
Old 03-15-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
"Maybe others here can share things they do (or PLAN to do) to control their weekend cheats. Can you tell us what is different for you on weekends? Like are you at home more or away from home more? Cooking more on weekends or eating out? What is different that tempts you? "
I live in an area that is primarily driven by tourism and outdoor recreation. Since the economy tumbled and people aren't traveling, local restaurants are trying to keep their head above water by offering supper club quality dinners for $5-6 or less. On Mondays, one has TWO dinners for $5! (Good quality, family-owned supper clubs.)

For us, with no little ones left at home and a daughter that is heavily into extra-curriculars and not around much on weekends, it actually costs me more to prepare the same dinners at home for just my husband and I.

This has been my weekend issue. For a dollar more than a McD's value meal, and cheaper than I can prepare myself, several area restaurants offer absolutely incredible meals that, after a long, hard day, are hard to resist.

Great for the wallet... not so great for the waistline.

Last edited by quinnesec; 03-15-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladies! I've been off the wagon due to emotional eating and sickness, though I've finally grounded myself and I'm ready to pick myself up and start again.

Goals for this week: Take meds & Drink water. I'm just too sick to do much else
Old 03-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mern or other low carbers, do you have a sweet tooth? Usually when I find something useful I try to pass it on.

At the grocery store I found Sugar Free Angel Food Cake (from the bakery), the I discovered that a serving of Redi Wip (aerosol whipped cream)doesn't have a lot of carbs. Can you guess where I'm going with this? Todays desert will be:

1 serving of SF Angel Food Cake
1 serving of Redi Wip
3 large stawberries

The damage:
92 calories
1.2g fat
3.4g of protein
and for the NET carbs.... drum roll please.... 9 GRAMS
Old 03-15-2011, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

cassie ~ thanks. yeah i'm lucky that my bf is so supportive.

mike ~ i don't think the shirt shrunk as the arms & length are the same, but i love that chris took blame for it.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Post Keepin' it simple

New to Fitday...and this forum! Just started my journey two days ago, so I am keeping my goals for the week simple and achievable:

1. Record everything I eat on FD.
2. Move to the point of sweating every day.
3. Eat protein at every meal and snack.

I was able to avoid the yummy homemade goodies in our break room two days in a row (!) by simply keeping my blood sugar stable. This requires planning ahead. I now have a glass container of walnuts and one of almonds on a shelf in my office. Six nuts and a piece of fruit and I'm good to go for several more hours!

Starting weight: 207 lbs, 5'5"
Baby goal: 199 by 04/03....my 49th bday!
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ifeelamazing!!!
New to Fitday...and this forum! Just started my journey two days ago, so I am keeping my goals for the week simple and achievable:

1. Record everything I eat on FD.
2. Move to the point of sweating every day.
3. Eat protein at every meal and snack.

I was able to avoid the yummy homemade goodies in our break room two days in a row (!) by simply keeping my blood sugar stable. This requires planning ahead. I now have a glass container of walnuts and one of almonds on a shelf in my office. Six nuts and a piece of fruit and I'm good to go for several more hours!

Starting weight: 207 lbs, 5'5"
Baby goal: 199 by 04/03....my 49th bday!
Simple, achievable AND IMPORTANT goals. Welcome to FitDay and good luck with your goals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.