Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-15-2011, 01:43 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, your three pounds is likely largely artifact...do the math. You'll be fine in a couple days. It sounds like you have a good plan in place and you know what it takes to beat this. Be sure to dress that lettuce leaf up with a parsley spring and a dash of lemon!

I admire you for being brave enough to get on the scale. Tomorrow is my one-year anniversary of hitting my goal weight, but I am choosing to wait and weigh in on Friday. I can tell I'm still full of water, sodium, whatever, from the weekend, and no need to go into a tailspin. Besides, maybe if Friday looks good, the motivation will continue through the weekend.

acameron, "one part time man" just struck me funny this morning. I don't know why, one of those silly things!

Make it a great day, ladies...and Mike .
Old 03-15-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, your three pounds is likely largely artifact...do the math. You'll be fine in a couple days. It sounds like you have a good plan in place and you know what it takes to beat this. Be sure to dress that lettuce leaf up with a parsley spring and a dash of lemon!
lol... yeah... I'm still a bit peeved at him. I'm holding myself back from throwing his favorite jeans in the dryer right now...
Old 03-15-2011, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

behaze you are totally cracking me up! "My favorite part of P90X was hitting the pause button". Too too funny. And just go right ahead and pick Mike's brain on the P90X diet and workouts, I'm interested in this topic as well. Might have to invest in that program. I feel your pain on the 8 year old. My girls are 9, 7 and 4, I can't go more than 21 seconds without being interrupted. Seriously, I spent 3.5 minutes in the shower this morning and I was interrupted no less than 18 times.

Quin, say do you think you can get a pic of DH's face when he realizes the lettuce is indeed "dinner"? Now that would be an hilarious post.

blackrhino, very nice before and after shots. In the "before" shots I had to do a double take, you used to look a lot like my SIL, and being a zoologist she just might pick a screen name like blackrhino. But you don't look too much like her anymore! Good grief but you're tiny, black isn't slimming against a white background, and yet you look like a reed!

Cassie congrats on one year of maintenance. You are my idol, every time I think of quitting I think about your egg quote, and muddle through it. I think it's also been helpful to hear your perspective on the mind games we play with ourselves. Just this morning I was wishing I could ask you for advice on how to handle my willful middle child.... But I digress.

Mike, congrats on not letting your cheat day get completely out of control. Seriously I could beat that calorie intake at breakfast. You have inspired me to try a "grain free" week, to see if that would help me break through this plateau, maybe next week.

Mern, I love how you make sure to include so many in your posts. I too cracked up over quin and her frosting smeared face and gravy stained shirt. My kids think I'm a lunatic now, okay they probably thought that before I randomly burst out laughing yesterday, but now I'm sure they do.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-15-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by quinnesec
lol... yeah... I'm still a bit peeved at him. I'm holding myself back from throwing his favorite jeans in the dryer right now...
LOL, you and I are much alike. I've made it very clear to all of those that live with me, that I can - and will, make their lives very very difficult if pushed too far. The nice "me" is just a facade, underneath I'm pure unadulterated evil.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, you and I are much alike. I've made it very clear to all of those that live with me, that I can - and will, make their lives very very difficult if pushed too far. The nice "me" is just a facade, underneath I'm pure unadulterated evil.
EXACTLY!!!!!

I tell my family that I am the "family air traffic controller". I keep the planes in the air, fueled and on time but I can also make them crash...

(insert evil laugh here...)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

jj and almeeker: Your before and "durings" are wonderful pictures, and you are both beautiful women. Congratulations to you, I look forward to the day when I can get up the guts (and get off the weight!) to do the same. Keep it up! Just look at those radiant smiles and know you are worth it. JJ, I'm glad your BF situation is feeling better. It starts with little things

Hope: Welcome back!! Your writing sounds awesome and fulfilling. I love writing myself, and I hope your class turns out amazingly!

Muna: I hope you feel better soon!! Relax, and I hope you get waited on hand and foot!

Cassie: I think the bubble is definitely in order. Or perhaps bubble wrap? It's my leg now! I think being wrapped in bubble wrap would be glorious. I'd pop the bubbles wayyyyy too quickly though, lol.

Mern: Congratulations on getting 1.5 miles on your new DVD. That's awesome! And I suppose I am lucky not to have broken my fingers. Funnily enough, I've never broken a bone in my life! I've gotten lots and lots of sprains though - I guess I've got tough bones and floppy tendons

Stacey: You know that you can get back there! Don't be down on yourself, you have come amazingly far. We had similar start weights and we have the same goal weight, and seeing how far you've come is great and inspirational for me. You are an amazing dancing and open woman, you can do it!

Rose: You are killing your goals! Go for it!

Mike: I am now craving cobbler. It's going to be SO hard not to eat my stress today.

behaze: The pause button, lmao!!! I love it. Every time I hit pause I'm going to think of that and smile!

Julia: You look amazing!!! Thanks for the pictures!

Quinn: Please, please take a picture of the lettuce leaf as almeeker asks!! Lol, men. They really don't get it sometimes.

Welcome to everyone new!!!!

Fitness, Exercise and Lifestyle Goals:
1) Under 1400 cals every day and log EVERYTHING. M: yes, 1251
2) Average 30% daily protein for the week M: 29% (weekly average 29%)
3) 80 oz. of water daily (I am upping this goal to stay on track with my water!) M: 81
4) No weighing at ALL. I mean it. NO SCALE. M: Avoided
5) Work out 5-6 times this week. That includes twice on the weekend. I've been slacking on the weekends, and I'll probably need to get a kick to the butt by you guys on my exercise this week! M: Ugh, no.
6) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Just made it

Non-Fitness Goals:
1) Edit all book chapters for publisher by Friday M: No. I also just found out this is now due Wednesday. Shoot me now.
2) Work out short and long-term finance goals with the boyfriend M: Not yet, probably not until after Wednesday
3) Organize home office files M: No
4) Bedroom fixing - sheets and laundry M: Ordered new sheets
5) One hour of needlework every day to relax! M: Yes
6) Make efforts on hair/makeup/outfit every day (added Tuesday)

The Ides of March are living up to their name for me. Woke up tired, sore, cranky on the wrong side of the bed and was immediately accosted by a carpet guard on the way into the bathroom (that's what those metal things on the edge of the carpet are called, right?) Somehow overnight the one leading into our master bathroom unhinged and curled up on itself, and it decided to scrape right along my calf as a fine how-do-you-do this morning. I didn't see it at all (I'm blind without my contacts in) and it didn't help my mood any. I cussed up a storm and woke up poor BF, who worked a double yesterday and was trying to sleep in this morning, and we got into a little spat.

I tried taking a few deep breaths and just sitting down and eating my breakfast slowly. I also took the time to do my hair and my makeup, and I've added that as a goal this week, because it did feel good to do it. Feeling down on myself and irritable to the extreme today. It's likely because I found out that 6 chapters of the 2nd book I'm consulting on are due TOMORROW and not FRIDAY as I was originally told, and I haven't worked on them at all. So I have to scramble today to get them done - with taped-up fingers, so typing is a painful chore. On top of it, a lab meeting that was supposed to also be Friday is now this afternoon, and I am supposed to give a science methods presentation for it. I had had my week all worked out to get these things done in a timely, organized fashion, but now it's looking as though my day today is going to be crazy and hectic. TOTM is also coming this week. I usually don't get PMS-y, but I think it's happening!

Seeing all of the posts here, and the beautiful pictures and words of encouragement, is helping to lift my spirits though Sorry for the grumpy rant, I really really need to vent and let it out, and not eat it. I know there's going to be pizza at the lab meeting. I brought fruit to try and eat before/during so that it's not as tempting, but grease is a terrible temptation when stressed.

~Terri
Old 03-15-2011, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you were a lot more reasonable on your cheat day than I was on mine. Sunday was my birthday and I had caramel flan, apple crumble and ice cream in addition to a big brunch and dinner. I'm back into clean eating and loving it. Cheat days are only good when they are rarities.

Almeeker! WOW! That is a dramatic weight loss. You are very pretty! And your hair is gorgeous! Congratulations!

Rhoda, awesome job! 10 pounds since February is fantastic! Good for you!

Julia! You are gorgeous. My goodness we have some good looking people on this thread!

Sandi, welcome back! I hope your back feels better.

Quinn, that 3 pound gain can be lost by the end of the week. When you put it on that fast, it's usually water retention. Believe me, I know! I had the same experience as you this past weekend but I am sure that we can blast if off in no time!

Cassie, one year! Yay! Just like Amy, I too think of your egg quote to get me through the rough patches. You are a real inspiration and I am definitely in your fan club. Thanks for your fabulousness!

Terri dear, of course you can - and should - rant here. We aren't just your fair weather friends you know. I think you are going to do great this week. I know it's hard when you lose control of your schedule but you definitely sound like you have a plan and you are going to master it! Arming yourself with healthy food is the way to go in the fight against pizza.

Well my butt is killing me! I went to spin class last night and not only did I sweat up a STORM but that bike just killed my butt. Today I am doing the 30 Day Shred and then this evening I'm going on a group power walk. We're doing hills so it's a great cardio workout.

I did face my frenemy, the scale, this morning to assess the weekend damage and it wasn't as bad as I expected. I'm up 1.4 pounds but I am going to blast that away in the next couple of days!

Have a great day Everyone!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lastri
Hi,
I am back for calories count. Weekend is still my challenge. I like Cassie's goal #7
Name one thing each day I can do to prevent weekend relapse.
Cassie, may I copy this goal if you don't mind? I am doing very good 5 days a week, then weekend come, all my effort blew out the window. I feel very depress, really don't know what to do. I always over board when I am cheat.

My goal this week:
1. Calories under 1400
2. Work out 6 days without excuses
3. Keep carbs under 100g
4. Try to find way to do better in the weekend
5. Weigh in friday morning

Have a nice week everyone.
Mai
Mai, I wish I had some tips for you about how to control your eating on weekends. Maybe it's because I'm older and do not work outside the home and do not have children to take care of that weekends are no more tempting for me than the other five days of the week.

But you certainly are not alone. For most people (including myself) cheats are most often way overboard. Your goals look great, though.

Aw, don't be depressed. Give yourself credit for those great goals you set for yourself. Looks like you know what to do--just need more support and tips.

Maybe others here can share things they do (or PLAN to do) to control their weekend cheats. Can you tell us what is different for you on weekends? Like are you at home more or away from home more? Cooking more on weekends or eating out? What is different that tempts you?

Last edited by Mern; 03-15-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

trying to think about my goals this week:

~ log all my food
~ cardio 5 days
~ strength training 5 days
~ yoga 3 days
~ take my measurements
Old 03-15-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

behaze ~ thanks for the encouraging words. i know it will fit some day...lol. good luck with the new goal about not screwing with people. I've been known to do that at times myself. let us know how it goes.

canary ~ thanks for the encouraging words. i know i totally deserve love & respect & get that. any self negative talk on Saturday was totally from ME. my boyfriend thought i looked totally hot in the other shirt i wore. to him it didn't matter one ounce.

mern ~ i was lucky that my health was pretty good even at my highest weight. that being said there are things that are better. i love that i can out hike my totally outdoorsy boyfriend now hehehehe. bending over to shave my legs is easier. clothes do fit better.

rose ~ omg a 'star' dancer don't i wish. i do need to be more gentle on myself that is a continuing struggle with me. good job on the spinning class i can totally see why your butt would hurt after that. great job on the exercise you are doing awesome.

almeeker ~ omg you look amazing!!!!! what great pics.

mike ~ thanks!!!! i actually went from 223 lbs to 140 lbs & some weight has come back on. that's what i'm trying to do now lose the weight i've gained back. which is probably why i'm annoyed with myself that i let more than 10 lbs come back on. oh btw my boyfriend is telling me he shrunk the shirt & wouldn't believe that its because i've gained that much weight. i told him he's in denial...lol.

julia ~ you look amazing & i can totally see the change in your face.

Terri ~ i HATE starting my day that way. you did awesome taking deep breaths. i'm like you when i'm pissed or upset i want to eat it away. that's a hard one for me.

well i seem to be in a different head space today so that's good. have a few things i need to get done here at work plus dance class tonight.

i did try some yoga last night. this is going to sound strange maybe, but i found a youtube video for beginning yoga & the way she explained the standing poses we basic & worked for me. so i'll continue with those until i can do the comfortably & move on to her next one. i hope yoga will help increase my flexibility, range of motion & manage pain in my right hip. so we'll see how that goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.