Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011 >

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread - Week Starting 03/14/2011

Old 03-17-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MunaAmin
behaze lol catfood that reminded me of that joke where wife is in the kitchen and her husband hears her sayin 'what would you like tonight my darling, some tender chicken, juicy beef, succulent fish or yummy lamb?' and the husband says, thank you dear, i think i would like the beef, and she says, you shut up, i'm talking to the cat.
That's funny!
Mai
Old 03-17-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Unusual day yesterday--lots of running round and helping out transporting grandkids here and there. Got in only .36 (not 3.6, not .36) mile at the park because something was in the air that was making me feel lightheaded. Honest, that's really why--and it's also the reason I didn't exercise at home afterwards.

Did not keep up with the thread yesterday but will try to skim it later today.

Feeling fine today--as a matter of fact, I just came back from making my exercise goal of reaching 1.5 miles non-stop walking at the park by the end of the week. Also reached this week's goal of 2 miles of my 3 mile power walking DVD.

Down on the scale again today to 125. I've now lost 15 pounds since Jan. 17

Yesterday was a little off on my daily goals, but not too bad.
Calorie limit 1600, actual 1655
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 25.2g
Protein target 120g, actual 97.3 (poor planning on that one left too many calories to waste on sugar free candy.)
Omega 3 from peanut butter and flaxmeal
Overboard on sugar free candy--4 pieces. But I'm not embarrassed or angry with myself. Luckily I don't do that often.
Limit 3 soft tacos per week. Yesterday was the 2nd this week.

Water-lost track--I believe it was 50-60 oz. Could have been as much as 64.

Exercise, as I said was only .36 miles but I did quite well today.

Last edited by Mern; 03-17-2011 at 04:32 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for this week:
1) Make it to three 530 workout classes- postponing until next week when my body isn't too exhausted
2) Run 3 miles a day- YES YES , NO yesterday climbed 110 flights of stairs for work, didn't have the energy
3) NO Sweets and NO booze- NO booze but had a few pcs of dark chocolate hoping it will curb soon!
Self Goals:
1) Take dogs on 2 walks a week- NO NO NO
2) Try two new recipes- Yes , NO, No
3) Read/ tan once this weekend
4) Applaud every workout, it takes effort to go!- YES YES YES on climbing all those stairs

Starting weight 2/28 - 166.6
Weight last checked - 158.7

Lost 7.9 lbs!!!

Goal Weight - 130 lbs by June 2011
Old 03-17-2011, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn- That sounds like an amazing area to hike, I find that being outdoors and exercising is always so much more refreshing than a gym

Jen- Thanks! I am hoping that I can drop down past 155 by Monday, but I won't be bummed if not, we shall see and if not reevaluate what I am eating.

Stacey- You will get it , it is awkward at first for everyone the point is that you are trying something new and it takes time to become a master at the art But don't steer away from classes they really are great and not everyone is perfect at the poses. You can do it and it will really help with dancing also

Question to the public:
I generally eat oatmeal with berries, then a piece of fruit, then spinach with ckn and almonds , a veg for a snack and dinner I try to steer to very minimal portions of carbs and just concentrate on protein and vegs but that isn't always the case. Does anyone have suggestions on what else I can do?? I have contemplated doing protein/ fruit shakes in the morning but I have a lot of muscle and don't want to get any more but would rather cut it and be lean, especially for running.

Let me know if you have any opinoins. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone ~

I've missed reading the posts while we were on vacation in Florida - it was FANTASTIC! I ran every day except for one and did pretty well with my food. Of course, a few beverages on the beach were in order!!!

I will post my goals for next week as things are pretty hectic for now. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 03-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by azrunner6
Question to the public:
I generally eat oatmeal with berries, then a piece of fruit, then spinach with ckn and almonds , a veg for a snack and dinner I try to steer to very minimal portions of carbs and just concentrate on protein and vegs but that isn't always the case. Does anyone have suggestions on what else I can do?? I have contemplated doing protein/ fruit shakes in the morning but I have a lot of muscle and don't want to get any more but would rather cut it and be lean, especially for running.

Let me know if you have any opinoins. Thanks!
protein won't make you big and full of muscles. That takes a lot of weight training and the right hormones, I'm probably the only one here with those hormones.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well I defintely don't need any of that ! hahaha

I won't introduce weight training until I get this cardio regime down, and what weight I will do will be very little just to keep muscle mass and definition. I am thinking after this month is over I will lift two to three days a week, this might be where I cut carbs down considerably but right now I am just trying to get back into it all.

Any advice is always welcome
Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by azrunner6

Any advice is always welcome
Don't be afraid to lift weight!

tandoorichicken posted this the other day What Women Should Never do (but often do) While Trying to Get in Shape; Part 1 of 6 I think any woman that's afraid to lift b/c they may get bulky should read it.

Mern and my other fellow low carbers, this is new me but have y'all ever tried cauliflower pizza crust, cauliflower "rice" or cauliflower mashed "potatoes"? Youtube has a ton of videos on how to make them. From what I hear, cauliflower has more vitamin C than an orange and is loaded with omega-3. Anyone have any tips for me??

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-17-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I've made the cauliflower mashed potatoes and I like them a lot. But, then again, I've never really met a food that I didn't like. (That's how I got overweight! ) I haven't made them for awhile, but I think mine had garlic and Parmesan cheese.

I seriously can't think of a food that I don't like... well, maybe lamb... lol

Last edited by quinnesec; 03-17-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
Mike,

I've made the cauliflower mashed potatoes and I like them a lot. But, then again, I've never really met a food that I didn't like. (That's how I got overweight! ) I haven't made them for awhile, but I think mine had garlic and Parmesan cheese.

I seriously can't think of a food that I don't like... well, maybe lamb... lol
you can't possibly like tripe, can you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.