FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Mini Goals? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3667-mini-goals.html)

StaceyKF 03-11-2011 07:31 AM

Mini Goals?

Hi everyone!

I am needing to re energize myself toward my goal. I got off track for a few weeks, and am back on the wagon as of today. I have a big goal set, that I don't feel like I will make, so I need some motivation with a mini-goal.

Do you all set mini goals? Share your mini-goals with everyone.

I will go first.

Stacey, Current: 154.4 Mini-Goal: 150 by April 1, 2011

mecompco 03-11-2011 12:37 PM

I like to do 10% of body weight goals--a meaningful loss, but not so much that it can't be accomplished in 8-12 weeks. Our current challenge ends on 4/1 (started on 1/1) but another will be starting the same day, if you'd like to participate.

Regards,
Michael

StaceyKF 03-11-2011 01:28 PM

O,ok...So it has to be part of the challenge to set a goal? I just figured smaller goals give something to aim toward. I didn't know it had to be toward an official challenge.

I guess I will be on board with the new challenge. I still think it strange that nobody will share their goals...I feel like an outcast here. Every discussion I try to start only one person will respond. What gives?

01gt4.6 03-11-2011 01:38 PM

Stacey,

Nope, it doesn't have to be a challenge. I think he was just inviting you over there b/c they seem to discuss their goals often. There is also a motivational thread that starts up every week in the womens section. Feel free to join in if you are needing some motivation. As far as some thread taking off faster than others, it's nothing personal, some do... some don't.
I join in though. ;)
As for mini-goals, I have many but my main one is to be down to 165 pounds and 10% body fat by May 9th (my 40's birthday)

mecompco 03-11-2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by StaceyKF (Post 39353)
O,ok...So it has to be part of the challenge to set a goal? I just figured smaller goals give something to aim toward. I didn't know it had to be toward an official challenge.

I guess I will be on board with the new challenge. I still think it strange that nobody will share their goals...I feel like an outcast here. Every discussion I try to start only one person will respond. What gives?

Hi Stacey. Of course you can set whatever mini goals you like! :)

You asked that we share our goals, and the 10% challenges are what "I" personally like to do now. Everyone is welcome to participate, or not, as they so desire. :D

Regards,
Michael

kajajo 03-12-2011 02:47 AM

Stacey I don't keep mini goals for weight, but I do keep others, my mini goal right now is to fit into all the size 10 jeans in my closet, tried on a pair last week and ripped the belt loop trying to heave them up, so not there yet.

taubele 03-12-2011 04:39 AM

Hi Stacey,

I keep my mini-goals in my signature to remind myself of them - they usually involve round numbers, like 30 lbs. lost, which is my next one. I have a mini-mini goal to get to 194 by the end of March to keep up my 7-lb.-a-month average, and another mini-mini goal to fit into certain outfits in my closet, but those tend to change on a little more of a whim.

And sorry you feel like an outcast :( As Mike said, some threads take off. I know a lot of the time I go "Oh, I'll respond to that later when I have a moment" and I totally flake out! It's not you, believe me.