Notices

Adrenal Exhaustion

Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Adrenal Exhaustion

I've been going through a battery of tests, not just because I NEED the annual stuff but because I've been so fatigued. It's been an eye opener studying my brains out online, freaking out at possible test results that I don't understand. We do know ourselves better than anyone else and my husband was letting me know this is costing him nearly $300. I'm now 42 years old, either in peri menopause or still in pre. It's time and was definitely needed regardless! The obgyn I went to yesterday would have ordered all of these tests anyway!

This morning I was trying to locate a good home saliva hormone test to order and have sent down to me when I came across this very informative site that I'd like to share: Adrenal Fatique: Natural Support for Burned Out Adrenals - VRP.com

It's no secret I felt my adrenals were exhausted. My husband's point was that I was exercising too hard for too long and wasn't sleeping enough. That's part of it! It's a bummer when you do get your adrenals worn out because you can't lose weight, which defies what I want to do right now. He said even athletes will not be able to continue strenuously without periods of rest. A couple of nights ago, my heart was palpitating and my legs were cramping and aching so bad I couldn't sleep. I so wanted to get up and suck on some sea salt. Instead I drank a glass of water. According to the article I found this a.m., lack of salt contributes to adrenal exhaustion along with too much strenuous exercise. I wanted riding that gnarly hill to help me get the weight off but it put me over the edge to physical fatigue! Combined w/emotional stress from news I was reading and I was a disaster in waiting. The way I was feeling, I definitely knew something was wrong. I don't want to have a stroke or heart failure, which one test showed I was borderline, out of the normal range. I'm interested in what the endocrinologist has to say about that one tomorrow or will she brush it off the way the obgyn did.

The article also mentioned those vital Vitamin B's, all found in Brewer's Yeast. I'm back to filling those capsules and am faithfully going to take 1-2 tablespoons a day! My adrenal gland is screaming for them!
I'm taking a break from most of the local news and my level of exercise is definitely much more mild. I decreased my calories to a steady 1200 and have lost 5.5 pounds in just a few days. The endo recommended a 6 six week diet so 1 down, 5 to go. I think I may reach my goal! And I bought the Mexican Wild Yam Progesterone Cream to balance out my high estrogen dominance. Feeling better, not 100% yet. My new bedtime IS 10 p.m. which I was trying to do back in October...funny how we kind of know what we should be doing! lol From my understanding, it will take 3 months to 2 years to heal the adrenal glands. Since this has been an ongoing problem since 2007, it may be the latter for me. As long as I can reach my weight loss goal and stay at a healthy fitness level, I'll be so very happy!
1. bedtime at 10 p.m.
2. more sea salt
3. brewer's yeast
4. MX wild yam progesterone cream
5. no news
6. deep relaxing breaths when I feel stress
7. less strenuous exercise
My friends, don't be too hard on yourself if you don't feel well. Listen to your body and take care of it. It's the only one you're going to get and you've only got one chance to get it right. Love it and love others but most of all love the One who gave it to you to take care of ;o)

Last edited by funnygirl0940; 03-11-2011 at 01:38 PM.