Notices

Strange lump in my calf

Old 03-11-2011, 02:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default Strange lump in my calf

I posted this in the exercise forum but I also wanted to post it here because its really bothering me. I went to the gym this afternoon and did my usual workout which includes squats. After I got home and settled I crossed my legs Indian style and felt a sharp pain. I felt around and discovered a painful lump on the lower part of my calf muscle. Its about the size of a golf ball. My boyfriend said I probably pulled a muscle. The only thing is I don't feel it at all if I don't touch it. I can walk, run, and do everything I did before. I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced this before or has any idea what it could be. I'm going to keep an eye on it for the next few days and if it doesn't go down I may see a doctor.

This makes me nervous because the cancer my dad is fighting is a really rare cancer that eats your muscles and spreads fast. He found a small painful lump in his bicep. When he went to the doctor it was too late for them to control it. I know this might be a little crazy for me to think it but I cant help it.

If anyone can help that would be awesome. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Please get that checked, it could also be a blood clot. Deep vein thrombosis.

Sorry for replying to a "women's forum" post

Dave