Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-11-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

NO... I like it! I want one!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:44 AM
FitDay Member

Oops! That came out wrong, too! LOL
Old 03-11-2011, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
opps I guess the banana was pretty.... graphic.

I didn't even think about it until know but I bet when someone sees the dancing banana they'll think of 2 words, 1st would be banana and the 2nd starts with an 'H'. That's not my style... trust me! I just like the emoticon.
LOL!

Actually what came to my mind was "peanut butter jelly time!!!" With that silly song now stuck in my head, where I am without a doubt sure it will stay all day.

CONGRATULATIONS on busting through that plateau Mike! I'm sure you feel amazing! Way to go!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

cassie ~ those are good points. i need to take my measurements & keep track of those as well. i've been slacking in the measurement taking. why am i so hard on myself yet so tolerant of others? i think i'm still not totally used to this scale grrrr. it goes down then up a pound then down again. so i the trend is downwards. yesterday i was at such peace with the number doesn't matter just track everything else i was in a good mind space. then i got on the scale this morning & i'm annoyed with that stupid piece of equipment.

mike ~ woo hoo to you on your losses while on low carb that's awesome.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations, MIKE!!!!!!! Great job losing the weight! As you continue on this low/no carb journey I want to keep hearing how it's working for you, as I know it's really hard to keep up that kind of a diet, but I also know you are just doing it as an experiment. Yay for experiments with awesome results!

Almeeker, Terri and Stacey, thanks for commenting on the scale question! I will get one..eventually. I also think I want to buy a heart rate monitor to track my calories more accurately. Almeeker, it is true I should just assume that my roommate thinks I'm nuts. My life would be so much less stressful if I didn't worry about what she thinks of all my healthy eating habits.

On that same note of worrying what other's think, Lou's grandparent's computer is also their TV screen. So tracking on fitday while at their place would be very public. I don't think I will do it. Maybe I'll get on to another computer somewhere else but I prob won't be on as much as I am now, as I find all of this stuff too personal to do in front of them.

I got on the scale this AM and it said 121.3. Maybe I have a tapeworm? heh.

I actually was stomach sick yesterday morning, so the 1.7lb weight loss might be from that. On Tuesday at WW will be the real comparison. I hope to keep up the healthy habits this weekend!
Old 03-11-2011, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

cassie, my roommate was watching Glee and I saw Gwyneth Paltrow on it. I know she's always been lanky but jeeez, she must really work to be skeletal like that.

what's the new thing you've found to obsess over?! i actually thought your fruit question was really good, as I run into the same conundrums.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Wow, Julia, I agree that tracking on a TV screen would be a little intimidating

Could you at least jot some things down on a notepad or something, if you really needed to get it down?

lol, today I'm obsessing over the kitchen remodel. The countertop guys just left and the plumber is due in an hour to hook everything back up. I'm hoping to not have a flood a la Quinn

Quinn, that is only one of the things I would find challenging in having a daughter, and there are many! My husband says that with a boy, we only have to worry about one penis; if we had a girl, we'd have to worry about all of them . I admire anyone raising girls.

Mike, I've got a recipe for "healthier" cinnamon buns that I want to try when I get all the way back to pre-holiday weight...again. Half the fun of a cheat day is spending the time looking forward to it!

JJ, in a month or two, you will have smashed through so much of that body fat that you won't believe it. Be glad you're sore; it means you're doing great work!
Old 03-11-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
The other day I put a show on the TV on while I was on the treadmill instead of watching tennis and listening to music. It really got me thinking (and irate) about how rail thin most actresses and performers are. Really, impossibly thin in some cases. Over time, this has become the so-called "ideal." It makes me really angry sometimes, especially when you consider how they're "role models" for young girls.

Yay, Mike!!! Happy dance for you! Glad you smashed that plateau! Awesome job!
thanks. I think that sad thing is that these idiots on TV have become role models.

Originally Posted by taubele
LOL!

Actually what came to my mind was "peanut butter jelly time!!!" With that silly song now stuck in my head, where I am without a doubt sure it will stay all day.

CONGRATULATIONS on busting through that plateau Mike! I'm sure you feel amazing! Way to go!
lol, now that song is in my head.

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
cassie ~ those are good points. i need to take my measurements & keep track of those as well. i've been slacking in the measurement taking. why am i so hard on myself yet so tolerant of others? i think i'm still not totally used to this scale grrrr. it goes down then up a pound then down again. so i the trend is downwards. yesterday i was at such peace with the number doesn't matter just track everything else i was in a good mind space. then i got on the scale this morning & i'm annoyed with that stupid piece of equipment.

mike ~ woo hoo to you on your losses while on low carb that's awesome.
Stacey, don't worry about what the scale says. Keep doing what you're doing & thanks.

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Congratulations, MIKE!!!!!!! Great job losing the weight! As you continue on this low/no carb journey I want to keep hearing how it's working for you, as I know it's really hard to keep up that kind of a diet, but I also know you are just doing it as an experiment. Yay for experiments with awesome results!

Almeeker, Terri and Stacey, thanks for commenting on the scale question! I will get one..eventually. I also think I want to buy a heart rate monitor to track my calories more accurately. Almeeker, it is true I should just assume that my roommate thinks I'm nuts. My life would be so much less stressful if I didn't worry about what she thinks of all my healthy eating habits.

On that same note of worrying what other's think, Lou's grandparent's computer is also their TV screen. So tracking on fitday while at their place would be very public. I don't think I will do it. Maybe I'll get on to another computer somewhere else but I prob won't be on as much as I am now, as I find all of this stuff too personal to do in front of them.

I got on the scale this AM and it said 121.3. Maybe I have a tapeworm? heh.

I actually was stomach sick yesterday morning, so the 1.7lb weight loss might be from that. On Tuesday at WW will be the real comparison. I hope to keep up the healthy habits this weekend!
121.3 wooo whooo. TV Screen is their computer?? I better watch what I post.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Since you people were so talkative yesterday (that's a GOOD thing. ) and I wasn't on the computer much, I had to just skim the posts as I don't have much time today, either. Hearty congrats to all doing well, and big hugs to those who aren't.

Beautiful day here today! Snow on the ground but it's 51 degrees, clear sky and sunny. Just finished walking 1.2 miles non-stop at the park with my brand new but dirt cheap pre-teen girls' Hannah Montana mp3 player that I bought for MYSELF on Ebay and loaded up with Beatles music. LOL

I weigh or measure everything that goes into my mouth. Yes, the serving size depends on what it is. Some things are hard to measure in a measuring cup--like spinach leaves, and you get more sliced or chopped strawberries or brussels sprouts in a cup than you do whole ones. I got my food scale really cheap, too--under $20 from ebay with shipping and handling included. It measures in grams/kilograms and ounces/pounds. The brand name is WeightMax. I also weigh my protein powder instead of using the scoops as it settles in the can.

Mike, thanks for being so cordial. This is indeed a great place to come for support and sharing of ideas. Wow, congrats on breaking that plateau and for getting your belt hold back! Turning 40, eh? Aw, you're just a kid! Saving up calories for your planned cheat day is a great idea in my opinion. Enjoy! That meal of chicken with pepperjack cheese, mushrooms and onions with the side of green beans sounds and looks delicious.

Stacey, special congrats on your control with the emotional eating and other goals.

Terri, oh, my gosh, how's your hand, your poor thing. I'll be that's so painful!!! Wishing you speedy healing!!! Thanks for your encouragement on my calories and walking.

Almeeker, I had to chuckle that with the meager amount of exercise that I do, you got motivated by my walking to my DVD when the weather isn't good. You're such a sweetheart and such a good example to all of US.

My Thursday report:

Surprisingly, I did fairly well considering that I lunched at a restaurant with a friend without pre-planning.

Calorie limit 1600, actual 1678
Carbs less fiber limit 25g, actual 19.1
Protein target 120g, actual 96.1--didn't use protein powder to supplement
Omega-3--didn't get any in unless there's some in avacado and walnuts--I need to look up other sources of Omega-3 besides flaxmeal, fish and fish oil capsules

Water target 64 oz. slightly exceeded.

Day off exercise Thursday

Last edited by Mern; 03-11-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, I believe that walnuts are a great source of Omega 3's (somebody correct me if not). Also, you could check out ground flaxseed.

You're doing great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.