Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday's Report:

Hello, Friday! I'll be entirely relieved to see this week come to an end. Not that anything horrible happened. It's just been a long week, full of snags and bumps along the way. Hopefully, I can get out on the trails this afternoon, work up a great sweat, and release the stress and tension just in time to enjoy a peaceful weekend. Eating has been under control. In fact, it's been so crazy that some meals have been skipped altogether. A family obligation will keep me from spending the weekend how I choose, but hey... maybe there'll be booze... lol

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1400 and log everything. yes, yes, yes
2. Keep BMI under 20. yes-19.44, yes, yes
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily. yes, yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. maybe today, yes, not Thursday
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily. yes, yes, yes
6. Lose 1 more pound this week. DONE!
7. Floss every day. yes, yes, yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". yes, yes, no-crabby
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person. yes, yes, no- again, crabby
3. Be encouraging to husband and daughter by complimenting them each day on something that they did well. yes, on both counts, yes, yes
Old 03-11-2011, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
am i the only one that doesn't have a scale? I have wanted one for the past 6 months or so, but I am afraid my roommate will think I'm weird. I think I might wait till I move in with Lou and then go NUTS with all kinds of scales.
Yes, you are the only one without a scale. LOL, I think the only ones that do have a scale are people that log in here everyday and have been convinced by other posters that they need one. I picked mine up at Wal-Mart for about $15-20. Love it, and it works great for all kinds of things, food, portion control, recipes, canning, postage, teaching the kiddos about the differences between English units vs. metric system etc etc. Don't let your roommates be an excuse for not getting a scale. If you just say to yourself that they already think you're a wacko, it makes life much easier, even if it's not true LOL.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

jj: I hope things work out the best for both you and your BF, in the end. You have to do what feels right for you

Mike: That meal sounds yummy either way! I actually used to be terrible about leftovers, they got shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten until there was a "mysterious smell" -- I've found that now I'll eat maybe 90% of them. Delicious!

Julia: You're totally not the only one without a scale! Haha. I've been pondering getting one, though I'm not sure WHERE it would go. Lack of counterspace in my kitchen is a serious issue. I think I'll probably do it if and when I really need to get down to the nitty gritty with portions to control weight - likely when I get smaller and it gets a little harder to lose. And I agree with almeeker - roomates always think each other are weird, don't they? Can't prove 'em wrong!

Cassie: Organization! You can do it! ra-ra-ra! Just do the one that you're putting off, whatever it is. The thing that you hate and makes you go ugh. Then it will be DONE. And you can be like YAY! And YAY is always a good feeling!

quinn: I hope there is good booze!

Thursday Report Card

Food, Exercise and Lifestyle goals:

1) Drink 64 oz. water daily. Get to 72 if I can. -- M: 91!!! Tu: 71 W: 76 Th: 82
2) 1400 cal. daily limit -- M: 1,185 Tu: 1,030 W: 1,237 Th: 1,239
3) Exercise five hours this week, at least 3 hours hard cardio --
M: One hour hard cardio at the gym last night. I think I hit some exercise-high in the middle of it for the first time (Total 1 hour, 1 hour hard cardio)
Tu: Day off (Total 1 hour, 1 hour hard cardio)
W: Unexpected day off due to weather conditions (flooding around my apartment). Definitely working out tonight!! (Total 1 hour, 1 hour hard cardio)
Th: One hour hard cardio done, and it was a SLOG for some reason. (Total 2 hours, 2 hours hard cardio)
4) 5 servings of fruits and vegetables daily -- M: 4 Tu: somewhere between 4 and 5? Salads are hard. W: Only 3 Th: Total failure. 2?
5) No boxed/premade lunches or dinners -- M: Yes Tu: No, had Panera salad for lunch W: No Th: Success!
6) Eat one big salad a day for lunch or dinner -- M: Yes, had 2! Tu: Also 2! W: Yes, lunch Th: No, because we apparently ran out of salad-making material. Grocery shopping is necessary.
7) Balance protein to at least 30% of nutritional chart -- M: 39%! Tu: 28% W: 27% Th: 30%

Other Life Stuff:

1) Re-start my needlework. Try to work on it for at least an hour a day. -- M: Nope Tu: No. Grr. W: OMG Yes. Since it was raining I decided to tackle it. Three hours and all the scut work is done, I can actually start sewing! Th: No.
2) Call my grandmother -- M: No Tu: Yes! And she has apparently mailed me four cooking magazines, haha W: No. Th: No.
3) Schedule hair appointment -- M: No Tu: No W: Not yet. Th: YES! Getting done next Monday. Thanks for the nudge almeeker!
4) Doctor's appointment on Tuesday (and Thursday), don't forget!! M: N/A
Tu: Had doctor's appointment regarding mass in right breast. It's a large (4 cm) cyst. I'll take it! Scheduled needle aspiration for this Thursday morning to drain. Breathing large sigh of relief.
W: N/A
Th: Appointment went smoothly, everything is drained, no follow-up.

Not much to report on my front, yesterday was kind of a ho-hum day, except for the appointment and the fact that Boyfriend had the day off and apparently ate half of the food in the house. I got back to discover that we were practically out of veggies (except for corn, which barely counts) and only a couple of pieces of chicken left. And then dinner came around and he was like "Oh...yeah, right, you need a meal." Silly boys.

~Terri
Old 03-11-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 90%, t yes, w 90%, t yes
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ do cardio 6 days m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes, f yes
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes, t yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m only got 60 oz in, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look m yes, t yes, w yes, t yes, f yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my house m yes, t yes, thurs y
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times. 1 yes, 2 yes, 3 yes
Old 03-11-2011, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

julia ~ you'll love your scale & as noted you'll use it all the time. i love mine. got mine at walmart too. it really is the best way for me at least to portion out my protein.

again got on the scale this morning & it was up ~sigh~ i know it shouldn't matter but it does a little. i know clothes are fitting better. i can see my face is thinner. getting that lovely toned look back in my arms & shoulders that i love. my dress pants are almost fitting me the way used to. boyfriend is commenting that i'm getting skinny & chasing me around the bedroom ~blush~ so why does that STUPID number on the scale bug me? in my head i know if i continue i'll get to my goal it's just a matter of time not if but when. yet why do i feel let down when i have a natural up swing on the scale?
Old 03-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default Day 5 update!!!!!!

Okay, today starts day 5 of the low carb diet for me. The 1st couple days were pretty rough with the carb cravings but those have subsided. I started on Monday at 174.8 pounds but knew I was retaining some water so I was pretending that my starting weight was 171.8 pounds. Well I haven't been under the 171.8 in a LONG time. I hit an all time low back in June of 169.8 and my weight has been between 172-175 since then.

With 4 days down and in the books I decided to hop on the scale this morning to see how I was starting day 5. The scale read 168.8 pounds!!!!! I did my manly happy dance.

I grabbed the camera phone and got on the scale again, now with the weight of my phone I weighed...

I can't figure out how I dropped 3 pounds (not water weight) in 4 days. The total was 6 pounds but I knew I had water weight then. I measured bodyfat % today and it has gone done. If I stick this out for a few weeks I'll check it then to get a solid number. I have no boubt that I will get down to 10% by the time I hit the big four-oh. 9% would be better though.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-11-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by staceyalberta
so why does that STUPID number on the scale bug me? in my head i know if i continue i'll get to my goal it's just a matter of time not if but when. yet why do i feel let down when i have a natural up swing on the scale?
Stacey, that is one of life's great mysteries! I think a lot of us fall victim to that. Look at your signature with all those pounds gone, and all those things you said in your post...you are succeeding! Even so, there's something about that NUMBER, I don't know what. Maybe you can put a photo of you flexing your awesome muscles up over the scale, or write your measurements down and stick 'em up there to remind you how well you're doing. At any rate, unless you've really had a run-off-the-rails day, you should see a drop soon when whatever fluid or other artifacts that are piling up washes out of you.

The other day I put a show on the TV on while I was on the treadmill instead of watching tennis and listening to music. It really got me thinking (and irate) about how rail thin most actresses and performers are. Really, impossibly thin in some cases. Over time, this has become the so-called "ideal." It makes me really angry sometimes, especially when you consider how they're "role models" for young girls.

Yay, Mike!!! Happy dance for you! Glad you smashed that plateau! Awesome job!
Old 03-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I think I may start the morning off with some Grands Cinnabons, then probably eat good for the most part... unless I hear a Blast or rum calke calling my name.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

What an awesome accomplishment! Aren't you glad you didn't give up earlier in the week? Hey! I like your banana! Err...ahh... you know... the graphic!!!

Cassie,

I'm with you with the thin celebrities. Try having a 17 y/o daughter. It's tough. Then, she'll say to me, "...well YOU lost weight!" I try to explain that it's best for my health, but it's a hard line to explain. Lucky for me, her closest, best friends are big guys, well over 6' (one is 6'5"), so she always feels like the "small" one. lol
Old 03-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

opps I guess the banana was pretty.... graphic.

I didn't even think about it until know but I bet when someone sees the dancing banana they'll think of 2 words, 1st would be banana and the 2nd starts with an 'H'. That's not my style... trust me! I just like the emoticon.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-11-2011 at 03:32 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.