FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3616-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-3-7-11-a.html)

staceyalberta 03-07-2011 02:26 AM

my weekend was good. Saturday was our bollywood show & boyfriend taped our dance. i might post it, but we will see. i wanted boyfriend to take some pictures so that i could just post some of those...lol. anyways the dance wen't really well. i'm happy with how it turned out. then Saturday night we went to a fundraiser for the highschool band they do a 'big band' event every year & it's dressy. so i got to wear my little black dress i was happy when i put it on as it wasn't as tight as when i wore it at christmas...woo hoo.

kajajo 03-07-2011 02:29 AM

Good Morning ladies and Mike

I will try this again, the first time I wasn't too good at keeping my health and fitness goals, but did all of the others

Health and Fitness

Keep recording everything I eat and stay in my calorie range
Keep up my journal entries to keep myself accountable
Drink water.....still pretty iffy on this one
Walk to the store instead of drive at least a few times this week

Other goal for the week is to start doing the wiring in my sons room, this will require hubby to be on board as I need him for the muscle work.

quinnesec 03-07-2011 02:33 AM

Tried something new this weekend. I had two meals that had become unshakable cravings, so I decided to do a "controlled burn" and allow myself to eat them and get them out of my system. I'm not even going to get into the gory details of what they were, but they were pretty bad.

Suffice to say that I got mildly sick from both and I don't want to see them again for a long time. One of the meals triggered a weird binge on cinnamon-sugar graham crackers (where did that come from???). It wasn't pretty, but I'm done with those now as well. :o

I was back on track Sunday and ready now to begin a new week.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything.
2. Keep BMI under 20.
3. 100 oz. of fluids daily.
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting.
5. Take multi-vitamin, calcium and ground flax daily.
6. Lose 1 more pound this week.
7. Floss every day.

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day".
2. Be a more patient, sympathetic person.
3. Be encouraging to husband and daughter by complimenting them each day on something that they did well.

64rhoda 03-07-2011 02:49 AM

crazy week ahead

this week should prove to be fun in nothing else:
1 eat under 1500
2 go to gym
3 get off the diet Dr. Pepper
4 More water

1 curling monday
2 meeting tuesday
3 pack for kids trip wednesday
4 take kids to Spokane for plane trip Thursday (3hr drive there and then 3hr home)
5 find the tickets to get in to Disneyland or they will just be driving by the park looking in.( all explaind in last weeks thred, last day):eek:

staceyalberta 03-07-2011 03:13 AM

quinn ~ glad to hear that you are back on track. i'm not sure about cravings if giving in at times is good to get rid of them or to just white knuckle it until it passes? i've done both & i'm not sure what even works better for me.

quinnesec 03-07-2011 03:19 AM

I always tough it out, but this time it went on for a week or two and I decided just to "get rid of it".

I'll see what damage I did on the scale tomorrow.

01gt4.6 03-07-2011 03:43 AM

quinn, how about the gory details? it can't be that bad.

I feel like crap today. I got back on the scale and it read 174.8. 3 poudns in one day. I know it's from salt but it still sucks. I'm going with 171.8 as my "starting weight". I don't know if I'll actually lose much weight on this "diet" but I'm doing it more so as a challenge to see if I can stick to it for a week. I checked my bodyfat this morning (haven't don't that in a while) but I think it's also elevated b/c of me retaining water. I can say that WITHOUT A DOUBT, I've grown to hate eggs. Which will make it that much harder to skip oats in the morning. Oats probably would be better for me but I don't want to give in and make this easy. I need to find other option, the fact that I can't stand eggs now and both of my dogs love them makes it hard. I try to choked them down as they sit there are stare at me with this sad look... well at least Chloe' (my boxer does). She sits there all quiet and tries to get teary eyed while Mystie, my 9 pound badass sits there and gives me this look like "if you don't save me a bite I'm going to bust your ass, then once you leave piss on your pillow, so if you know what's good for you..."

quinnesec 03-07-2011 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 38720)
quinn, how about the gory details? it can't be that bad.

It was pretty bad...

Friday night, a classic Wisconsin beer-battered fish fry...

Saturday, 1/4-1/2 lb. charbroiled burger and homemade fries at this little bar...

Not to mention about a third of a box of graham crackers...

...yeah, it was bad. lol

cjohnson728 03-07-2011 05:13 AM

Maybe it was something in the air...I got into the graham crackers this weekend, too, and normally I leave those the heck alone. I did not plan well this weekend foodwise and therefore ended up in a bad situation both days. Today's been better but I've got to get back to the numbers to be accountable and for damage control.

1. Average a 500 cal deficit daily.
2. Keep carbs at 45%; no more than 50.
3. Exercise daily (need it, for #1)
4. 5 fruits and veggies daily.
5. Sleep 7 hours nightly.
6. 3 sports bottles of water daily.
7. Stay off the scale till Friday.
8. Snack smart: wait 30 minutes & drink water before; no trigger foods disguised as "snacks."

9. One office organizational task five out of seven days.
10. Paint one room of trim by end of weekend.

Sometimes the numbers help me feel in control, and work is really crazy the next 2-3 days, so I need my structure this week.

It's good to see everyone back for another round. Hope you all are off to a great start this week.

blackrhino2 03-07-2011 06:27 AM

Great job Stacey on enjoying the dance and on having the dress feel great on you!

My weight loss goals for this week are:

1) cardio and weights 4X each this week
2) eat mindfully and track everything
3) journal atleast once

I did pretty well this weekend, on Saturday and Sunday I ate around 1500 cals/day after subtracting calorie burn.

Sunday morning I weighed in at 129, I will see what I weigh at WW tomorrow, it will prob be more than that bc I weigh in at night.