Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 3/7/11

Old 03-11-2011, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Mern, the weather is beautiful here today, in south Louisiana. The tornadoes have come and gone and left behind blue skies and singing birds. That's more that what I could say for Katrina. I think it was about a year after katrina before I heard another bird. It was rare to even see them... seriously. Great job on the walking. keep that up and you'll be needing new shoes before long! Just a kid at almost 40? LOL. Well I do act like one at times and have been known to climb on the front of a shopping cart at the store.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the pump-up, Terri! I WILL get something done up there today!

Oh, and now I want a PBJ
Old 03-11-2011, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

I could sure go for a PB&J!

I just updated my signature with todays pic and I swear my damn phone takes the crappiest pics. Verizon said I'm due for an upgrade so I think once I pay off my uncle... Uncle Sam I'm going to get the iPhone 4. Who has it and what are your thoughs on it? (Sorry, I know this is off topic)
Old 03-11-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjeand
And this morning I weighed in at 158.0!!! No longer in the 'obese' BMIs.

Started with the trainer last night. Can barely pick my arms up today. Not so much in pain as just feeling like spaghetti. Sad note: he took my fat% last night. 38.1 Hate to think what is was when I started at 180! Other sad note, took measurements for the first time in 3 years. Last time I took them I weighed 15 lbs less than now and my chest was smaller, my waist was smaller, and my hips were the same! Hate to think I'm doing all this so I can have no boobs and a big ass. Hopefully the upperbody weights will help.

Weekend is going to be hard. My big and oh so desperately wanted goal is to still weigh in at 158 come Monday. That and to go shoe shopping
LOL, you totally crack me up. The funny part for me is that I do most of my cardio workouts on the elliptical, so I've given myself the opposite problem, big boobs and no ass. I'm built like a 12 year old football player, with his shoulder pads strapped on wrong.

Congratulations on no longer being "Oh-beast", that's how my kids say it. Cracks me up every time.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Quinn, that is only one of the things I would find challenging in having a daughter, and there are many! My husband says that with a boy, we only have to worry about one penis; if we had a girl, we'd have to worry about all of them . I admire anyone raising girls.
Then you must have buckets of admiration for me, silly woman that I am with 3 full time daughters and 2 part time. BTW I love the penis quote, that is hilarious, and sadly true.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

Stacey, the scale is your frenemy, don't let it yank your day into the dumpster, it's only playing mind games with you to see if you're paying enough attention to it. Deep breath in, now a slow exhale, and let all that anger go. It's just a number, whereas you my friend are a flesh and blood, sexy dancing Goddess, you are better than that number and don't let the scale convince you otherwise. It's just a couple of pieces of tin and plastic.

Mike, I looked at the store yesterday and they carry Tazo, but it's a brand name with like 52 different flavors, and none of them say poo about poo. Is it the green tea from Tazo that's supposed to "work wonders"? Oh and congratulations on busting through your plateau, I took a pretty good look at the logs and it looks very similar to what I'm doing already, minus the grain based carbs. Maybe I should cut them out for a week or two and see if that helps.

Last edited by almeeker; 03-11-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

almeeker, I'll check on the tea when i get back home. I think cutting out the grain probably did help, besides I'm probably more strict now since there's no room to stray away. Thanks/

I'm back. It says Zen ~ Green Tea, it's doesn't saying anything about poo but I hear that it works wonders... at least that's the word in the house.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-11-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

lol, now that song is in my head.

I could sure go for a PB&J!
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Thanks for the pump-up, Terri! I WILL get something done up there today!

Oh, and now I want a PBJ
Sorry Mike! It's awful!

And you go Cassie! Seriously, the only way I ever get anything done is to do the nasty part first. Just be like RAWR and tackle it! (and please make the rawr noise! )

And I think I just made everyone want PB&J

Originally Posted by Mern
Terri, oh, my gosh, how's your hand, your poor thing. I'll be that's so painful!!! Wishing you speedy healing!!! Thanks for your encouragement on my calories and walking.
It's doing ok today! There's an awesome purple line going across my fingertips, but it doesn't hurt. Was such a silly injury My index finger seems to have escaped the carnage, though! And you are doing AWESOME! Great job on your goals today too!
Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Super Moderator

Erm, can I wait till the plumber leaves to make the RAWR noise? 'Cause honestly, I don't feel like explaining that one.

I hope you hand is better soon! I got the ouchies just thinking about it!

Almeeker, yes, like my parents, raising three daughters. Looking back, I don't know how my dad did it, in the house with all those girls. At least we were spaced out, seven years in between each, so we weren't all teens at the same time.

JJ, if it makes you feel better, I can say that as a result of working with the weights, the upper body did balance out. No, my bra size did not increase, but I think my shoulders got a wee bit broader, and that has taken me from a classic pear shape to looking much more proportional, but not in a bulky way. Go read the post I put up this afternoon on the Diet Funnies thread; hopefully you'll get a laugh.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 AM
FitDay Member

Not only did the ROAR make me giggle it also made everyone in the office around me

I didn't post my goals on here since I didn't realize it existed but now that I know here it goes.

1) Get my emotional eating down to under 1500 cal/day--> Done! went from 2000+ to avg 1200
2) Get in an extra work out this week--> Got in an extra 2!
3) Cut the carbs out to 1 meal a day--> 3/5 days... not a bad start

Extras:
Do something special just for me--> got in a little retail therapy
Tackle the mess of the spare room--> Maybe next week?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.