Notices

New to forums

Old 03-02-2011, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to forums

Hi all!!

I'm not new to FitDay, but I am to the forums. I have been using the logs on this site sporadically for over 2 years. I am 39 and really want to lose weight and get into shape before I turn 40 (7 months away). At my heaviest I was 200. I lost 25 of it last year and have since gained some back. I am now at 182 so I have a ways to go to reach my goal of 150.

I'm not on any diet plan. I don't really eat unhealthy. I don't care for sweets (except my soda) so thats not the problem. I simply overeat. When I started tracking my calories I couldn't believe how much I was taking in. It was definetly an eye opener. I have now started preparing my meals a week in advance. They are already portioned so all I have to do is grab a bag and go. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks.....hopefully this will help with my over indulging. I have cut out the soda as well Only drinking water or water with crystal light.

As far as exercise goes I'm trying to get back into running. I have always been a runner, but these past few years I have done nothing so I'm starting from scratch. I have a couple of different goals with this. First is to run a 5K in June. I did one last June and really enjoyed it (even though I walked most of it). From there I want to work up and by next summer be able to run my first 1/2 marathon. Figure if I start now that I should be able to do it.

Its hard starting over again and thats what I feel like I'm doing. How could I let myself get like this? Hopefully while I'm figuring that out I can do something about it and get this weight off.

Anyways, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay! Are you a drag racer???

It sounds like you are doing well so far. Good luck on your 5k. Have you tried the C25K (couch 2 5k)program?
Old 03-02-2011, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you and yes I am actually using a different version, but its similar to the couch to 5K one.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Just saw the drag racer comment. Thats funny as I had never noticed that! So that would be a no....its just my initials
Old 03-02-2011, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

gotcha. I was thinking wither Drag Race or Dr. Grace.

I'm like you. I recently did a 1/2 marathon and had to walk a good bit of it. I'd love to be able to run a good distance.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

"Its hard starting over again and thats what I feel like I'm doing. How could I let myself get like this? Hopefully while I'm figuring that out I can do something about it and get this weight off."

Isn't this the question we have all asked ourselves at some point in our lives? I for one have been in the 130's once in the last 10 years, then back up again, then down to the 140's and back up again, I was currently at my biggest since my soon to be 14 year old son was 3. And yes it is hard starting over again, and believe me it gets harder as you get older, that is why I decided I needed to do something about this FOR GOOD this time, cause 50 is just around the corner, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life fighting this battle.

Good Luck preparing for that half marathon, I was also a runner but a surgery on one foot last year and another one this coming May has caused me to put my running shoes to the back of the cupboard. I hope once my surgeries are all done I will be able to take it up again.

Dee
Old 03-02-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

haha....not a doc either

I can run a full mile without stopping, but at a very slow pace so I'm hoping that by June I'll be able to do the entire 5K without walking. We'll see what happens. I think a lot of will depend on how much weight I can take off....seems to be harder to run with the extra fat jiggling around I'm sure once its off it'll get easier...at least I hope it does