Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-03-2011, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default A little brag here...

Today I was putting laundry away and knocked something off a hanger in the back of the closet. So I turned the light on only to discover I'd knocked my HS Varsity Lettermen jacket onto the floor. So I picked it up and for kicks and giggles put it on. IT FITS!!! It's hard to believe really, because I'm still 30lbs heavier than I was the last time I wore it, could be that most of that 30lbs is below the waist .
Old 03-03-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

mike, sorry to hear it's been rough. it's all about perseverance, you can get through the tough times and quickly snap back into healthy mode! I know it!

quinn, thanks for your explanation and I'm glad that you are doing so well!!! i keep a very similar diet--I only buy unprocessed foods and I keep it to pretty simple eating but I am not as strict when I am away from my safe-zone in my apt. thanks again for clarifying!

off to eat my some salad for lunch i have been spending a bunch of time on Damn You Auto Correct! - Funny iPhone Fails and Autocorrect Horror Stories and laughing tons! i actually had to close my office door.

ok..ready, set...focus!
Old 03-03-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

) stretching and or gym at least 3x a week: M- gym, T: gornish (nothing), W no
2) more H2O: both days : eh, W no
3) hypoglycemic diet: M good, Tuesday spare ribs for lunch and DH made some sauce for chicken with sugar in it for dinner Bad DH bad!, W mostly
4) meditate M yes, T no, W no
5) write: M&T yes I am a rock star!!! If rocks stars wore glasses and were very very nerdy and a bit overweight, W not much
6) be kind: M OK I think. T wanted to roll up a newspaper and smack DD with it (but didn't) which makes me Mother Theresa and Gandhi rolled into one, yes? OK maybe not., W not what I'd like to be; I spoke to others about my DH's control issues and really he is a great guy
7) 1 Lyrica a day to control fibro and bp: Yboth M&T, W yes but I am having problems figuring out meds
8) more fruits and veg: M yes T is chicken a vegetable? (apologies to vegetarians), W no

Pardon me guys for not responding to as many as I'd like. It is a fibro flare day, hard to get out of bed. Rose, hang in there, honey. I know it's tough. Please baby yourself. Terri, when I get better you may see me at your door with a cap that says "Think outside the box" and shows a stick figure watching tv. I'm not much of a sports person but I will root for your team. Mike can you start your low or no carb plan mid week? Quin you have much more will power than I have diet wise, I think. And finally welcome welcome welcome Lizzie.

I'm gonna crawl back to bed now. Was gonna eat lunch but don't have the energy to prepare it.

Big hugs,
Hope
Old 03-03-2011, 07:06 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Hope! I hope you feel better soon and that you get your meds figured out! It's hard even for those of us feeling great to keep up with this active group! Best wishes on all your problems being resolved.

Mike, kudos to you are starting mid-week after being another notch up on your belt. You gotta give yourself credit for not coasting the rest on the week--one day at a time is how the job gets done. We're all rooting for you!

Azrunner, way to go on just one spoon of ice cream! Best wishes on all your goals. You are so right: Where there's a will, there's a way. You can do this.

Mystery, how are you doing today? I hope I didn't say anything to offend you. Varied opinions and varied ways of eating among this group give us something to talk about in addition to rooting each other on. I totally realize that my way of eating is not for the majority of people here. You opened a whole new discussion and I learned a lot about how others here eat. Very interesting. Thanks for that.

Quinn! Hearty congrats on being down another pound! I'm doing the happy dance with you! Way to go! Let us know how you like the flax. I don't eat grain daily, but I do enjoy flaxmeal in muffins (will have to check to be sure I posted that recipe), and in pancakes (just 2 beaten eggs, 4T flaxmeal, and artificial sweetener nuked in the microwave. Topped with yogurt is quite nice. I think next week I'm going to include daily flaxmeal in my goals. Also, thanks for sharing with us how you eat, too. Sounds very sensible. Looking forward to reading the article on good carbs and bad carbs later today. I also still have to look up Pritkin. LOL

Julia, you are doing great and I think your breakfast sounds delicious!
I need to be like you when I "grow up"--only unprocessed foods. Way to go on the fortitude!

Stacey, walking to work in the cold is really admirable! Kudos to you on that one!

Taubele, I really enjoyed reading about your work. Thanks for putting in the lay terms so I didn't have to go and look up words like androgens. It sounds fascinating. Kudos on the book consultation. I just love it how we have people from all different walks of life here. I'm so glad you and BF have your Sundays together.

Cassie, "Can you suck jellyfish up in a vacuum cleaner?" sounds like something Patrick would ask SpongeBob. LOL

Almeeker, I burst out laughing about the shop vac. Three female Captain Randoms, eh? That must keep your tongue flapping. LOL
Happy Fitdayversary! Wow, congrats on the Lettermen jacket still fitting!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

1. Eat between 1200-1600cals/Day, 2000 on Sat/Sun No - 1702, No – 1670, No – 2517 (ZOMG I was out of control!)
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes - 8, Yes - 8ish, Yes – 7 ˝ about?
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No, I did get 80oz though, Yes, Yes
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements No, No (I completely forgot both!), YES!
5. Exercise with EA Active at least 4x/Week (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun) Mon - Yes, Tues - Yes! , Wed – Yes! I have to make up one more workout from last week yet
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Yes, Yes (and I actually had a bit of an internal struggle over this yesterday, but I won!!!), No

Other Life Goals:
1. Finish tilework in the upstairs bathroom this week Not yet
2. Spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning/organizing the Kitchen Nope
3. Spend 20 minutes/day reading a book (I have several that I’m trying to get through right now) No, Yes , Yes
4. Do exercises for Knee everyday (Hoping to Start P90X at the end of April, but need knee to be in better condition!) Yes, No, Yes – went to Physical Therapy
Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator

thanks ladies for the support! It really hasn't been that rough, if you've ever had the wonderful taste of a soft king cake stuffed with strawberry and cream cheese you'd know that I haven't suffered much.

Today has been clean, clean, clean. I'm feeling much better.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker ~ woo hoo that is so excited that the jacket fits woo hoo.

canary ~ sorry that you are having a bad day. hopefully tomorrow is better for you.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
thanks ladies for the support! It really hasn't been that rough, if you've ever had the wonderful taste of a soft king cake stuffed with strawberry and cream cheese you'd know that I haven't suffered much.
Oh Mike you and your nasty habit of sharing waaaayyy too many details about your love life.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Jen, darlin', what did you eat that put you so over your calorie limit? Something special that you don't eat often or were you grazing your way through the day? Happens to several of us here at times, me included. I'm not familiar with the rosehip supplement but I know the fish oil is great for the Omega-3. Oh, by the way, my opthamologist told me fish oil is also great for people with dry eye syndrome because our tears natural tears are made from Omega-3. You're doing great with your exercise!

Mike, my mouth started watering when you wrote about king cake stuffed with strawberry and cream cheese! Hmm, that's an idea, though--I could make low carb chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffins and slice in half and spread with strawberry cream cheese.

Last edited by Mern; 03-03-2011 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

I had a fantastic succesful day
1) under 1900kcal 1785
2) exercise yes 30min hard cardio
3) coffee just 1

I would never believe this, that all the coffees and other rubbish adds up to almost 300kcal a day! I read once that caffeine causes similar spikes and crashes in blood sugar like simple carbs, and makes you crave sweet stuff. It seems to be true....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.