Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-02-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Here I am! Finally getting enough time to report in today

Cassie - I just saw you said it was good to have me back, thanks so much! I really felt bad that I disappeared last week, but it seemed like everytime I sat down I just didn't really have the time to type much in here

Quinn - I wouldn't do anymore than 1-2Tbsp/Day of the Flax seed. I've found a couple good brands Flax USA makes a good one and then Beveri. Because I was on the Zone Diet way back in the day and I felt fantastic (somehow I got away from it? Shame on me!) I tend to listen to what Dr. Barry Sears says about inflammation especially since other Dr's and studies also match what he says. Fish Oil is great for Inflammation, but you need a good brand/grade of fish oil (one without PCBs, Mercury, etc.) because you have to take a higher dose of it for it to really be effective at reducing the inflammation and preventing it. I would consider taking a combo of Fish Oil and Flax Seed (that's what I do, and it works out great). I feel like I'm mumbling, hopefully that all makes sense? Here are the links:

Beveri Flax - Products - beveri

Flax USA - FlaxUSA - Golden Flax Seed from North Dakota

IFOS approved Fish Oils - Guide to Omega-3 Fish Oil - MetabolismAdvice.com

Mike - Thanks for the information regarding the No-Go on the Plyo for me. Do you think I could just substitute in a different P90X workout for those days? Any suggestions would be helpful and definitely appreciated!

Now onto my BIG news for the day since I know you're all waiting (ha ha!)

I weighed in today! The scale was teetering (digitally it kept flipping back and forth) between 210.6lbs and 210.8lbs, and finally "recorded" at 210.8. I guess technically I did not lose any weight from last week, but I figure I'm right on the edge if it kept going to 210.6lbs.

The big PLUS though was that it's saying I'm down 1% of body fat. Now I don't really put much faith into that number, but my scale is pretty consistently set on the same Body Fat % for me, so I figure if it changed then something had to have changed. I feel better overall, so I'm going to just take my 1% and be happy for the rest of the week! lol

Here are my goals for this week so far, not doing too great...But calories are more in check than they were previously I think.

1. Eat between 1200-1600cals/Day, 2000 on Sat/Sun No - 1702, Again eeked over and ended up at 1670 Calories for Tuesday.
2. Get at least 7 hrs of sleep/night Yes - 8, Yes - 8ish
3. Consume 100oz. of Water/Day No, I did get 80oz though, Yes
4. Take Fish Oil & Rosehip Supplements No, No (I completely forgot both!)
5. Exercise with EA Active at least 4x/Week (Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sun) Mon - Yes, Tues - Yes!
6. Limit myself to 1 Diet Coke/Day Yes, Yes (and I actually had a bit of an internal struggle over this yesterday, but I won!!!)

Other Life Goals:
1. Finish tilework in the upstairs bathroom this week Not yet
2. Spend 15 minutes everyday cleaning/organizing the Kitchen Nope
3. Spend 20 minutes/day reading a book (I have several that I’m trying to get through right now) No, Yes
4. Do exercises for Knee everyday (Hoping to Start P90X at the end of April, but need knee to be in better condition!) Yes, No
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Jen, I think the Cardio X or Core Syn is the one to substitute with, Tony mentions which one to susbtitute Plyo with in the begining of the Plyo DVD. Also, Kenpo is a lot of kicking, you really would be limited on that one as well.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn ~ woo hoo sounds like you are on the brink of a loss.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Jen, I think the Cardio X or Core Syn is the one to substitute with, Tony mentions which one to susbtitute Plyo with in the begining of the Plyo DVD. Also, Kenpo is a lot of kicking, you really would be limited on that one as well.
Thanks for the info - I will admit I haven't watched the DVDs because the thought of sitting down and watching that many hours of DVDs without doing the workouts kind of didn't sound too entertaining - ha ha

I will have to put in the Plyo DVD and see what he recommends, and I may try Kenpo. I have an okay time with kicking, it is when I have to do lunges/certain types of squats that my knee still gives me problems. It's definitely much better than before, but not quite 100% yet.

Thanks Mike....Maybe I'll be able to post before and after photos of myself looking all buff like you someday!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

I feel a bit like an interloper here, you all seem to know each other so well. Some of you may have read my (almost) daily musings but in my defence for butting in- Quinn invited me. Like most of you I have been overweight and trying to sort it out for quite a few years. I reached my heaviest about 3-4 years ago and constantly started each week with promises of cutting down. Clothes sizes crept up and energy levels went down, but I wanted to lose quickly and see instant results so of course I became discouraged and gave up. In Jan this year I woke up to the fact that I was in the obese range and I look awful, so I thought, let's take this slowly, small changes, just 1 lb per week and no throwing in the towel if the scales don't move.
Ok so I'm almost 9 weeks in and so far so good, if weigh in goes well tomorrow I will be 9lbs lighter and feeling way better. We are all approaching this journey in different ways but we are all on the road together and hopefully we will help pick each other up if we stumble along the way. Sorry to ramble so much, I guess it's the Irish in me lol.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Lizzie!

Glad to have you join us! I personally got here just two weeks ago, so I don't really know anyone yet either...But I think I realized on my first day of posting here that this is a GREAT group of people in this thread!

It definitely holds me a little more accountable, and think twice if I'm about to step off the deep end

I'm glad that Quinn invited you over to play with us! ha ha
Old 03-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

welcome Lizzy, don't think of it as butting in! How do you think I feel being the only guy here?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
How do you think I feel being the only guy here?
I think it makes you feel special.

Of course, in my world, "special" has a whole different meaning.

Welcome, Lizzie; we are glad to have you as part of the group.

I love your "fish story," Quinn! Although I hope that your whipped-cream-monitor-for-Jello-shots efficacy was not compromised; as you said, priorities!

I'm excited to hear how well everyone is doing today...keep it up! Y'all are so motivating
Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Special probably has the same meaning. My dad use to tell me that kids picked on me b/c I was "special".
Old 03-02-2011, 08:04 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie ~ welcome!!!!!!!!!! we are glad to have you here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.