Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 83%, t 83%
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes, t yes
~ do cardio 6 days m no, t yes, w yes
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes, t yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m yes, t yes,
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes, t yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes, t yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.m yes, t yes, w yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my housem yes t no
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.1 yes
Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

One more thing: You may want to track your flax seeds. One or two tablesppons have something like 80 calories (yes I was surprised.) And yes they must be crushed up. DH uses it for cholesterol; no word yet on results.
Cheers,
H
Old 03-02-2011, 03:55 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, keep in mind that that is a future log. I haven't started it yet, just planning ahead. I may fail miserably.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, what are you hold in your avatar pic?
Old 03-02-2011, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

mike ~ i think your reasoning for going without the carbs is a good one. like you said you want to try it out & see what happens. good luck on the challenge.

Bubbs ~ welcome back!!! wish i had that trouble when i'm stressed of NOT EATING...lol.

rose ~ i had a groin problem & had really good result with massage therapy. hope you are feeling better soon. i love bollywood too so fun, energetic & playful. post a video of me ummm not yet...lol...i do use video as a practice tool as it shows so many things that you don't notice in a mirror & right now in my opinion me doing this dance is not where i want it to be. i danced okay last night as the cramps did go away.

muna ~ glad you are getting some sun. you are right it can sooo effect ones mood.

Terri ~ woo hoo on the closet shopping that's awesome. feels so good when you can do that.

Julia ~ great job on only being over 3 points & your run is awesome!!!!

nottango ~ what a great idea ask what would cassie or quinn do in an eating situation. i'll have to remember that. glad you like hearing about my dancing hope i'm not a bore...lol. Saturday performance is coming up & we are sneaking in all the extra practice we can before then like, practice tonight, practice tomorrow, practice Saturday...lol.

did like 30 min practice last night plus dance class last night. my son woke up this morning & AGAIN insisted he wanted to go to school. what kid who is sick he has an ear infection & the last two days i've had to go pick him up early & is on antibiotics every day says he HAS to go to school ~sigh~ at least the school knows what he's like that he pushes me to let him go even sick or i'd be afraid that i was making him go....lol. so he's at school i'm just waiting for when the phone rings, but his dad will have to pick him up if that happens.

i was all excited yesterday i tried on my bollywood costume that was very tight in the arms & snug in the chest & yesterday was much roomier. i still let it out as i needed a little more room to dance in it, but it felt good that it felt & looked much better on me. i now have to work on fixing the beading...lol

Last edited by staceyalberta; 03-02-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

HAHAHAHA!!!!! OMG... I was waiting for someone to ask! It's actually a huge bass. Now, before you start thinking I'm all "fisher woman" or something, (which I'm not) let me explain...

I went to a crazy birthday party late last summer at a friend's house where we may, or may not, have drank entirely too much, but I digress...
Anyway, we decided to have a contest to see who could catch the biggest fish in 10 minutes. While others were frantically fishing off shore, I put down my Mike's Hard Lemonade just long enough to get into a paddle boat, peddle out 30 feet, hook a bass on my second cast, and return to collect my trophy in about 7 minutes. I was told that it was the biggest bass ever caught on that little lake.

Yeah, so I got brave and added a pic. Kind of out of character for me 'cause I'm kind of shy... (...and I'm putting off doing the grocery shopping... )
Old 03-02-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

This forum is amazing and I love how all of you know one another and keep up with their stories of daily successes and flops ! Very inspiring! Although the weather here is in the mid 70's and starting to climb the ladder to warmer, hopefully we will hold off the 100s till after memorial day but highly unlikely

Also anyone have any tips they find useful when training for 13mi, love hearing the different ideas and opinoins!

2nd day , just a handful of sweets so less than yesterday!!!
Goals this week:
1. Gym every day for around 50-60 mins- two days GOOD!
2. Run/ walk 2 miles, interval training, trying to jumpstart the body into training mode have 13 mi to acheive my Sept- two days GOOD!! Mile in 10 minutes yesterday
3. Eat 5 small meals a day, limit candy to 0 and breads to 5 throughout the week, around 4 trying to up that and replace one of the fruits with a veggie looking for good steamers , easy and quick
4. Bed by 9:30 up by 5:30- 6 need to start doing the am run before it gets hot! Decided that this won't happen till next week with the schedule but looking at Yoga 1 hr MW, Cycling 1 hr T, TH in the am and do the running and some weight in the evening after work...
Personal goals:
1. Take 1-2 hours out of the week for me time- yet to accomplish
2. Take pups on 2 walks a week- Hopefully will take them tonight
3. Cook dinner for husband and me 5-6 nights a week- So far two nights in a row !
4. Keep up on housework and crafts, doesn't all have to be done at once- Nothing done out of the norm Thinking Thursday and Friday will do after work
5. No wino Unfortunately I think I need a reprieve from the wino to concentrate on my fitness- been good and don't crave it

I keep telling myself once you can manage your weight and fitness without such restrictions you won't have to have these rules!
Where there is a will there is a way!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

quinn, yeah I couldn't tell what it was in the pic. That's a funny story. Do you have a bigger pic of it. What type of bass was it and what did it weigh?
Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mike,

I guess it was a Small Mouth Bass and no I don't have any other pics of it as we released it right after the pics were taken. I dragged it back to shore thinking I was caught on a log. (As you can see, I'm kind of a dumb blonde. ) This particular lake is very small and so the guys were stunned that it came out of there. Not sure of the weight as that would have required me to put my drink down and I was also in charge of the whipped cream for the jello shots... you have to set your priorities. lol

Anyway, it wasn't a record breaker... just a record breaker for that particular lake.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, keep in mind that that is a future log. I haven't started it yet, just planning ahead. I may fail miserably.
You'll do it, Mike. I have confidence you will.

Quinn, you are awesome. Not just for catching the big fish but also because you sound like so much fun.

I also need to know your secret. You are exactly my height and the weight you started at is close to my weight. How did you lose the weight? I would like to be where you are (maybe without the big fish... or OK maybe with the fish.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.