FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/3556-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-2-28-11-a.html)

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:28 AM

Okay I still haven't come up with a plan for this week... BUT I'm planning ahead.:D

Here's my plan for next week:
Drink 1 gal of water a day
Take my goal weight (165#) and multiply by 10-12 to get daily calories = 1650-1980 cals/day
Take in 50-60g of carbs per day
Goal weight x 10 to get daily grams of protein = 165g

I need to tweek it some to get my carbs and cals up a tad. It's kinda scarey seeing my pie chart look like this.:eek:

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ten_Page_1.jpg

blackrhino2 03-01-2011 03:31 AM

Hi everyone!
I decided my goal of losing 4 pounds in 2 weeks is a bad idea. I feel like I am setting myself up for failure and that the goal is just plain stupidity. I need to lose slowly, because I want to be able to keep it off and not feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends to be a certain number of pounds, only to then feel like I want to binge. That I have done before, many times! Plus, I'll look good no matter what in the bikini because I know I'll be having a great time! (I'll just keep repeating that to myself.)

So, my new goals for this week are not a calorie focused goals.
-I want to eat slowly, enjoy the meal, reflect on if I am hungry/satisfied.
-I want to choose healthy food options but still allow for alc, cheese, and chocolate in moderate portions.
-I want to continue to be active by doing both cardio and weights atleast 3 times each this week
-I want to continue to track everything and to stay within my WW points

Tonight is WW and I'm going to go to the meeting but not weigh-in. I had three parties this weekend (Fri, Sat, and Sun) and Thurs nite I overdid it on the peanut butter, remember? So yeah...umm I had a fantastic week but I prob ate like 35 points over my WW allowance. However, I also ran a total of 15 miles from Mon-Sunday, including 1 rest day! :D

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:41 AM

yeah peanut butter is going to be the death of me. I found a peanut butter that's more addictive than crack, seriously (don't worry, I won't tell you what it is :cool:).

cjohnson728 03-01-2011 03:45 AM

Terri, big congrats to you; you are smashing your way through your goals! Mern, you are rock-solid on your progress as well; have come to expect that from you!

Mike, gotta say I've never seen a pie chart look quite like that. Keep us posted on how it works. WTG...no Butterfingers or Blasts in the log ;)!

Mary & Julia & Sandi, I just love the way you ladies think through and analyze your situations and allow for flexibility. Your approaches are so thoughtful; I'm sure it will pay off.

Quinn, congrats; almost there! How is your husband doing this week ;)?

MunaAmin, great job on putting on the brakes early. Be gentle with yourself. Use us if you need to vent.

Welcome, aspikes :). Glad to have you along! Glad Jenny's back with us, too!

Hope everyone else is doing well and having a great day. True, spring is almost here; it's hit us here in the south and I'll instruct it to move quickly up to the northern climes!

cjohnson728 03-01-2011 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 38044)
yeah peanut butter is going to be the death of me. I found a peanut butter that's more addictive than crack, seriously (don't worry, I won't tell you what it is :cool:).

I think the key for me is to get the freshly ground stuff (peanut, almond, cashew); without anything to sweeten it, a serving is plenty.

Though someone told me about Justin's Nut Butters (including the chocolate ones); those I'm afraid to try :p:p:p

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 38045)
Mike, gotta say I've never seen a pie chart look quite like that. Keep us posted on how it works. WTG...no Butterfingers or Blasts in the log ;)!

I may actually start a Journal then. I plan on logging moods, cravings, and any new changes that I notice (ie energy level, BM's, whatever). Some things I obviously won't get into too much detail with.:D

01gt4.6 03-01-2011 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 38046)
I think the key for me is to get the freshly ground stuff (peanut, almond, cashew); without anything to sweeten it, a serving is plenty.

Though someone told me about Justin's Nut Butters (including the chocolate ones); those I'm afraid to try :p:p:p

I've used fresh ground before and it's pretty good but to be honest I like Naturally More w/ flax seed more. BTW NM isn't the crack type I was referring to, it's good but not THAT good.

azrunner6 03-01-2011 04:18 AM

Just the start of the diet and exercise and the cravings have already won one battle :( But today is a new day and I have to tell myself to give myself some slack but not actually follow through ;) Otherwise I'll never stop the sweets!!
Goals this week:
1. Gym every day for around 50-60 mins
2. Run/ walk 2 miles, interval training, trying to jumpstart the body into training mode have 13 mi to acheive my Sept
3. Eat 5 small meals a day, limit candy to 0 and breads to 5 throughout the week
4. Bed by 9:30 up by 5:30- 6 need to start doing the am run before it gets hot!
Personal goals:
1. Take 1-2 hours out of the week for me time
2. Take pups on 2 walks a week
3. Cook dinner for husband and me 5-6 nights a week
4. Keep up on housework and crafts, doesn't all have to be done at once
5. No wino :( Unfortunately I think I need a reprieve from the wino to concentrate on my fitness

I keep telling myself once you can manage your weight and fitness without such restrictions you won't have to have these rules!
Where there is a will there is a way!!!

Mern 03-01-2011 04:29 AM

Welcome, aspikes and azrunner :)

Cassie, I'm glad you didn't have to remove part of the ceramic to get the range out.

Taubele and Rose, thanks for the kudos on my walking.

Taubele, I hope you can have more chances to walk outside.

Rose, in a nutshell, I've had lower back pain from standing or walking
since 1977 I when I fell off a ladder and hit my lower back on the rim of a metal bucket. The doctor didn't order xrays or anything--just told me to stay off my feet until my back healed. It never did heal, but I learned to self-manage the pain. I found that sitting down for just one to two minutes almost completely alleviates the pain until my stamina runs out again. I'm trying to increase my non-stop walking distance so DH and I can go on a walking tour of the historic district of Philadelphia some time this year.

staceyalberta 03-01-2011 04:51 AM

weight:
~ food wise stick with my plan m 83%,
~ log all foods i've eaten m yes
~ do cardio 6 days m no
~ do strength training 6 daysm yes
~ get 90 oz of water in m yes
~ continue to not emotionally eat. be real with what i'm feeling at the moment & talk to someone, write it down, come here & vent, but don't stuff my feelings down with food. m yes
~ be honest to myself when weighing myself. m yes

non weight goals:
~ put effort in every day in what i'm wearing & how i look.m yes
~ get back to my routine in organizing my housem yes
~ write in my fitday journal at least three times.1 yes