Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/28/11

Old 03-03-2011, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I had a midlife crisis with respect to my hair and now I don't like what I've done to it.

But the worst part of the day was late this morning. I went to my local home improvement store to pick out a new faucet for the new kitchen sink. I wanted to see how the pull out feature worked on one, so I reached up and grabbed it. It was on the second row up, so my arms are pretty much fully extended. The whole thing comes out of the wall...halfway. I can't get it back in and I can't let it go. Nobody is in the aisle. Because I'm reaching up, my shirt is hiked up; because I'm in new, modern jeans, they're cut low, and my (no lie) leopard print underwear is visible to God and everyone. I have no choice but to call out for help. A woman heard me and was able to find a tall man to come get the thing back into the wall.

Certainly tomorrow has to be better?
LOL, sorry you had such a bad day, but I have to say the story about the trip to the home improvement store totally cracked me up and got my day off to a good start. This is exactly why I like to spend a little extra on my undergarments!!! Leopard print!!! LOL again too too funny. I used to rent an apartment next door to a stripper, she wore leopard print undies too, but she never seemed to mind lots of people looking at them...
Old 03-04-2011, 12:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Report card for Thursday

Hi Everyone,

Sigh. I am starting to feel like a real buzzkill around here. Thank you all for your humor, enthusiasm and all around sweetness.

I am sooooooooo bummed about my groin injury. It has really derailed my spirits. I feel so down and gloomy. I had such a momentum going, exercising 6 times a week for the last 7 weeks. I really wanted to lose more weight before going to the beach on March 21 and I am so angry about the stall this damn injury has put on my steady weight loss.

I am really struggling with this mentally because I believe that slow and steady wins the race and while it's great to be goal-oriented, it's not healthy for me to keep judging myself as a success or failure based on my daily or weekly imperfections. It's really the OVERALL picture that is truly important and I need to focus on the fact that I have lost over 20 pounds since commencing this journey and this one week of taking it easy due to an injury is not going to make or break my overall success. I just have to keep telling myself that I am not a failure. It's hard! I always have ridiculously high expectations of myself and when I fall short, the evil troll that lives in my brain starts to verbally abuse me mercilessly. The biggest difference in "this time" is I have all of you guys to keep me grounded. I see how all of you have ups and downs and that is normal. Not every day or every week can be perfect. Success is about the long run not the sprint.

Hugs to all of you!

Muna, so glad to hear that you had a fantastic successful day!

Julia, parsnip fries sound so yummy. Do you mind sharing the recipe?

Cassie, omg I know that you had a hard day but the mental image of you holding a sink up with your arms fully extended and your leopard print panties showing put a little smile on my face. Ok I actually laughed out loud. Am I a terrible person or what? Seriously though, I am sorry about your day. Today will be much better!

Mern, congrats on adding an extra mile! Way to go, Girl!!!

Weekly goals:

1. Eat between 1100-1550 calories per day. YES (1165) / YES (1354) / YES (1497) / YES (1544)
2. Keep carbs under 35% YES 22% / YES 35% / CLOSE 36% / YES 28%
3. Drink minimum 10 big glasses of water per day. YES / YES / YES / YES
4. Stay off the scale until Saturday. YES / YES / NO and the results were disastrous / YES
5. Exercise 5 hours. 30 min.
6. Get at least 7 hours sleep per night. YES / YES / NO / YES
7. Sort through bills and mail. Not yet / NO
8. Work on important paperwork. Not yet[/QUOTE] / A LITTLE!

Last edited by mtlgirl; 03-04-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

So, the clock radio goes off this morning and the first thing I heard was, "...cloudy and cool with a slushy, sloppy accumulation of approximately one inch." Makes me want to pop right out of bed and... and... no, I couldn't think of anything either...

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything. yes, yes, 1312, yes-under
2. Keep BMI under 20. yes, yes, yes, yes-19.47
3. Balance pie chart. iffy, yes, yes, yes
4. Trail walk at least twice this week, weather permitting. Still cold. Crazy cold. No, but burned a ton of calories, indoor walking
5. Take multi-vitamin and calcium supplement daily. yes, started putting it on my dinner plate at night, yes, yes (adding flax today), yes
6. Lose 1 more pound this week. Trying, still trying, YES! [INSERT HAPPY DANCE HERE ]
7. Floss every day. oops- forgot, yep, yes, in tribute to Beth, yes

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". Yes, took mom to lunch and to see "The Kings Speech". She's a 1940's movie aficionado. yes, yes (more mom things), yes
2. Be more patient with people and situations that irritate me. If I get irritated, let it go. I'm getting better, yes, I've been a champ, yes
3. Balance checkbook. Too busy yesterday and today... probably tomorrow, not yet, part of today's paperwork, DONE!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

Rose, I must have made a typo--so many posts yesterday that I didn't go back to find it. I didn't add an extra MILE to my walking. I added an extra MINUTE. But I'm not giving back the "Way to go, Girl!!!" that you gave me.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

almeeker,

Yes, that's my hubby. He's almost a foot taller than me so we rarely get both of our heads in the same picture. He's always bending down to squeeze in the frame. I had to resize the pic and I'm probably guilty of cutting him off this time.

Rose,

I know exactly how you feel. I went through an injury a month ago that ended my snowshoeing season before it began. (I look forward to it all year.) All of our group is out on the weekends and I'm sidelined. I did have to adjust my calorie count to match my lower calorie burn so that I would continue to lose. But, I know. It sucks.

Cassie, Cassie, Cassie...

No need to slice ones wrists over a bad haircut, my dear! It'll grow! (Just kidding! )
I don't know where to start! My goodness. First, the chicken... wow, there's so many really easy jokes about a chicken in someones pants... it's almost too easy... I told you Walmart was creepy! Have to go there myself today. ha ha!

Now, for exposing ones self in a home improvement store...
You really don't have to go that far! 90% of the people there are male contractors. Usually a wink and a nod is all that's required to turn their head... if that.

You poor thing! Home improvement sucks! Remember mine? I had two or three floods and almost killed my cat... in one week! Hope you have a better one today. Hold tight. The weekend's almost here.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

I was a very bad girl yesterday. Went wayyyy overboard with fried fish and fixings, then went home and didn't workout. However, today is a new day and weigh in this morning showed I was down 2 pounds. Not too bad. I think all the water this week saved me.

I'm also very stressed about an upcoming custody issue next week, gonna try to work off the stress instead of eating it away!

I have some fun stuff to do this weekend, wild game supper tomorrow night, but I'm not partaking, just taking my lil country boy to enjoy! Not gonna be so hard to resist for me. Then a family birthday get-together for my youngest Sunday, cake and ice cream, not gonna be a problem for me either!

Looking ahead for a better week next week!

Have a great weekend fitdayers!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

azrunner6 -- Thanks very much for the pushing encouragement! Cooking is still something that is becoming a habit and therefore a daily thing I MUST do, though I'm proud of myself as yesterday I was so tired and sore and over-exerted as to be shaking in the muscles and I still managed to get dinner cooked and on the plate. Nothing fancy, just some home-made turkey meatball subs, but still! Great job on your goals.

Mike -- You know you can do this It'll stick, you just gotta get Day #1 done. That's always the hardest day!

almeeker -- Congrats on one year!! I can't wait to get to the point where I can look back at my old self and see so many changes And congrats on getting back into the letterman! That must have been such a moment! I would have been prancing about in it all day.

Hope -- I hope you're feeling better! Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. One day at a time, tomorrow is a brand new one

Mern -- I'm glad my work doesn't sound hopelessly boring Thanks for all of the encouragement. I love my job. Here on Fitday is about me loving the rest of my life too! I hope you're having a great walk today.

Muna -- Way to go on your goals!

Cassie -- That's quite a story!!!! Yikes! Friday must be better! At least the day is overwith now, and hopefully you'll be able to laugh about it soon enough! I have to say it got me chuckling. Thank you for being brave enough to post it and let us all know!

Rose -- You sound like my soul sister. I am really the same way as you, I get down on myself about little things. Today is my two-month anniversary on Fitday. I lost 9 lbs. in my first month, only 5 this 2nd month. I tell myself that a 7-lb.-a-month average is a pretty good average, but the fact of the matter is that I KNOW Month 2 was about half of Month 1, and that makes me really mad at myself. I know factually that it's a marathon, and not a sprint, but it feels really bad to think that I've somehow lost it a little bit. An injury is nothing to be mad about, though. You'd be madder if you hurt yourself worse and had to spend more time recovering. You're being the BEST to your body that you can be, whether that's through working out or resting to make sure that you're not seriously hurt in the long run. That's something to be proud of!! Keep your head up, lady! You'll be through it in no time.

Thursday Report Card:

Food and Exercise Lifestyle Goals:

1) Drink at least 64 oz. of water daily. Get to 72 if I can.
Monday --> Actually made it to 80 oz. Personal record!
Tuesday --> Holy moly I got to 80 again!! Following Mern's advice and drinking more in the morning seems to be key here for me.
Wednesday --> 72 oz.!
Thursday --> 76-ish oz.

2) Five servings of fruits/vegetables every day
Monday --> No, only got 4
Tuesday --> Yesss!
Wednesday --> No, plans were sabotaged! Probably about 3.5 servings.
Thursday --> I think I just made it.

3) 1500 cals/day limit
Monday --> 1,442
Tuesday --> 1,444 (wow, I'm usually not so consistent O_o)
Wednesday --> 1,452
Thursday --> 1,492

4) Only one pasta dish this week for dinner. NO RICE.
Monday --> No pasta/rice!
Tueday --> Tonight was the pasta dish. Actually I made a recipe that Hope gave to me on my "help I don't know how to cook!" thread. It was DELICIOUS. Thank you so much Hope!!! Boyfriend came back for seconds and thirds!
Wednesday --> Nope!
Thursday --> All clear!

5) No boxed/pre-prepared lunches or dinners
Monday --> Success!
Tuesday --> Success again!
Wednesday --> Due to work circumstances and zapped energy I had pizza for dinner >.<
Thursday --> Nope!

6) Exercise 5x this week. (Already exercised Sunday with mixed cardio/strength. Four more times at minimum, 1h. each)
Monday --> Day off (Total 1 day, 1 hr.)
Tuesday --> 1 h mixed cardio/strength (20 mins. stationary bike, 40 mins. weight machines) (Total 2 days, 2 hrs.)
Wednesday --> Was at work too late to get to the gym, forced day off
Thursday --> 1 hr. very hard cardio. I may have worked out TOO hard, in fact, had tingly hands by the end of it.(Total 3 days, 3 hrs.)

Other Life Stuff

1) Finish Office Space Remodeling (go tax return go!)
Monday --> Powered through most of it! Just some reorganizing left to do. 90% done!
Tuesday --> No progress
Wednesday --> Ugh, no.
Thursday --> No! Ugh.

2) Get to bed by 11:00 every night, no excuses
Monday --> 11:30. Though I was about to go to bed at 11:00 when I found out that my darling boyfriend had received his first acceptance for publication of his short fiction, so the 1/2 hour was for celebrating and goofy dances!!!
Tuesday --> 11:45. D'oh!
Wednesday --> 10:30!
Thursday --> 11:00!

3) Up by 7:30, no excuses
Monday --> 8:00 >.<
Tuesday --> 8:00 again!
Wednesday --> 7:15!
Thursday --> 5:45

4) Clean up "The Bedroom Disaster of 2011"
Monday --> Nope, still looks disastrous in there.
Tuesday --> Nope, though darling BF has the day off on Wednesday (today), and he was eyeballing the mess. Perhaps it will get started!
Wednesday --> Started.
Thursday --> Very little progress made.

Yesterday was a very, very long day. I had to get up early as my car is in need of fixing. My boyfriend was going to work on it at work, but unfortunately yesterday he had an "opening" shift (starting at 6:30) so we both had to get up very early to get me to work and then get him to work in my car (since there was no point in taking 2 cars in, just a waste of gas). And then after all that, he was unable to fix the problem since he is "not allowed to work on personal cars when the manager is absent" and the manager had called in sick.

I was very tired, but I still made myself go to the gym for my cardio, since this week has been light on cardio in general. I got shaky hands about halfway through but kept pushing; they started to get tingly on me. I only had 15 minutes left so I finished, though my hands and feet and legs and arms were tingling and shaky for a couple of hours after I was done. I'm chalking this up to being a little overtired and my eating schedule getting wonked-out yesterday.

Stepped on the scale this morning. I'd been hoping for One-derland or at least a loss, but NO. STUCK. 201.3, which is practically the same as it was on Tuesday. UGH. WHY SCALE WHY. It's very discouraging to really push and get no reinforcing number as a result.

~Terri
Old 03-04-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, your protein powder looks good. One scoop for me is 31 grams and has 20 g of protein, 2.5 fat, 5 carb. I bought it bc there is a GNC near me and I had a coupon! If I add it it to hot oats it is clumpy and gross, but if I add it to my cold oats that have been sitting in the fridge over night it’s delish!

Cassie, thank god for the leopard print undies!! They are stylin, right? Buy some cute head bands or just a 2-3 inch wide piece of fabric in a cool design that you can wrap around your head and tie underneath. Whenever people do that I always think it looks good! Thanks for telling me I balance well on my foods. I like to get feed back as I still feel uncertain about my food choices sometimes.

Rose, parsnip fries are really great. I can honestly say that I enjoy them more than french fries! Buy the parsnips whole, and cut them into thin strips. Put foil on a baking sheet and spray olive-oil or any non-stick spray. Then put the parsnip fries on and spray them with olive oil and then add salt and pepper if you'd like (sometimes I just use salt). I have never actually used chili powder but you could add whatever spice you want..maybe cinn and sugar would taste good on them? Then put them in the a pre-heated oven at 400 degreess and I just plop them in for 20 mins. Then flip them around and then put them in for another 10-15 min. I eat them w/ ketchup too

Sorry that you are injured it sucks! i fell on the ice and messed up my knee about 2 months ago--it was really swollen for 3 weeks! I had to take it easy for a while. The thing to remember is: it is totally possible to lose weight without working out at all. Plus, you can still do shoulder, arm, back, chest exercises w/ weights. Is walking difficult for you? what about biking? do any kind of wierd silly movements you can--esp if no one is around! just to get the endorphins flowing and laugh a bit!!

I made it to the gym this AM and did 3.4 if you include warmup and cool down. it was hard to get myself out of bed, but always worth it!

HAPPY FRIDAY! i'm going out w/ friends to a mexican place tonight and tomorrow night is a friend's bday and we are going to a comedy show in boston. i'm excited!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aspikes
I really enjoy these motivational threads, thought it was time to post!

Daily goals:

Stay under 1200 cal. 1700 ugh, yep!, nope
Workout 5 days yep, yep, nope
15 minutes a day in kids bedrooms yep, yep, nope
no nail biting yep, yep, yep
5 bottles water yep, yep, yep

Goals for week:
Make tax appt.not yet
paint bed not yet
list breastpump and clothes on CL not yet
Gonna add some weekend goals:
sweep and mop kitchen, dining room, living room
Catch up laundry
Old 03-04-2011, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Default Aw shucks you guys are awesome!

Quinn, that's right you do know exactly how I feel! Injuries suck and they're stupid. I hate them but thanks for the tip on lowering my calorie intake. I am going to try that. I am thinking of shaving off 250 calories per day. Does that sound doable to you?

Terri, while it's super nice to have a soul sister, I'm sorry to hear that you get down on yourself the way I do about myself. That stupid scale! You should have seen what it told me when I cheated and got on this week. The scale is not our friend. The scale is our frenemy. That said, I hope you realize that you are doing an amazing job! You lost 14 pounds in your first 2 months!!! That is really awesome. Please tell yourself everyday that you rock!

aspikes, hang in there! Managing stress is a big challenge but an important one. Don't worry about a one-day slip just keep going!

Mern, you totally earned that "Way to go, Girl!!!!" It's yours to keep and thanks for never failing to lift my spirits!

Julia, thanks so much for the recipe. I'm definitely going to give it a whirl next week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.