Notices

Keeping me accountable

Old 03-05-2011, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

I guess yesterday was a fluke, today I was up by 5:15 with no hope of going back to sleep so I have been sitting here for the last hour reading posts, in the hopes of finding some added inspiration. Tomorrow I start my night shifts so don't be too surprised if I am not here or posting for a few days. I am usually so exhausted after working 10 hours then the half hour to hour drive home in the morning that when I arrive I usually fall straight into bed. I have planned my meals out for the 4 nights I will be working, not sure how eating dinner before I go to work, lunch at 1 in the morning and breakfast when I get home is going to affect my weight as I said I will be sleeping all day which means I will be eating breakfast right before going to bed each day. I know this is a backwards schedule to what most conventional people would do, but it works best for me and having breakfast before going to sleep is a lot less light on my stomach than a heavy dinner. It also gives me the chance to eat at least 2 meals with the kids.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and measurements, not sure what to expect as I have been eating great, but I look in the mirror and don't see any changes. As I mentioned in an earlier post my jeans were feeling looser, but when I tried on a pair a size smaller yesterday I managed to rip the belt loop right off trying to pull them up, this was a nearly brand new pair of jeans so it left me feeling a little defeated.

The rain yesterday has turned to snow overnight and it looks like a winter wonderland outside yet again, and here I was so looking forward to spring. Got all my housework done yesterday so today is a lazy day except for the 4 hours I will be spending at the arena later this afternoon. We are into hockey playoffs, son #1 is refereeing 2 games and son #2 is playing in his first playoff game.

My daughter is having her 24th Birthday on Thursday and I still haven't figured out what to get her, got to put my thinking cap on. She lives on her own and has a very tiny apartment (about 400 sq feet) so buying anything for the apartment would be a waste of time. Anyone have any ideas

Dee
Old 03-06-2011, 10:52 PM
FitDay Member

Monday is my weigh in day and as of today I am down 11.2 lbs which means I lost 1.3 lbs this week which is low compared to the two previous weeks, but still a loss. And all total I have lost 7 inches 4 off my waist, 2 off my chest and 2 off my hips. My BMI is down 1.81% and getting closer to the healthy range, though what I consider to be a healthy weight for me and what the computer says it is are two totally different things.

All my worrying over what to eat on nights this week is no longer an issue, got the email yesterday telling me I am working from home at least for today, but that means the rest of the week will be day shifts also, whether they will be at home or on the road I won't know until I hear from my boss. One of the nice things about my job is I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder and the only times I hear from the boss is via email or conference call, it helps that he is 3000 miles away. Now it is time for me to go change my signature, post my journal and wake the boys up for school. Then figure out whats for breakfast.

Have a great eating day All
Old 03-08-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Had to work today, took a bunch of fresh veggies with me so I didn't have to eat out. Tomorrow night I have to work over nights then I am off until Monday night when I have to go on the road for 4 nights. No hotel its not that far of a drive, so I will be home every morning and be able to plan better meals than I would if I was stuck in a hotel with no microwave. I actually thought about purchasing a small microwave and keeping it in the trunk of my car for any of the hotel stays, the only problem with that is there is no room in my trunk with all of my tools and other junk. I went grocery shopping yesterday and when I opened the trunk to put all my bags in I discovered my son hadn't removed his hockey bag and there was no room for the food. Try fitting 15 bags of groceries in the back seat of a very small car.

OK enough about work, I want to know how do people deal with cravings, last night, not long after dinner I wanted something sweet, I opened the freezer and saw cookie dough ice cream and drumsticks(the ice cream kind not the chicken kind)I wanted it so bad, but I didn't give in, I cut up an apple and made some of my yogurt fruit dip and managed with that, but damn it was hard. I can usually handle the crunchy cravings with carrot sticks or popcorn, but sweet cravings are so much harder.

Dee
Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Slept really good last night and the scale is being nice to me this morning, I wonder if there is a correlation between the two. When I sleep badly the scale always seems to go up a few ounces, when I get a good night it goes down. Could it have something to do with fluid retention, when I wake up early and tired my hands and feet seem to be more swollen. Might have to do some research on this.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I love Hummus, today I am going to attempt to make it myself, I have everthing I need except a food processor so I am hoping my blender will work. Its all about saving money, until hubby gets a full time job I have to pinch pennies every way I can. Hubby has been working lots of temp jobs, in fact he is working overnights tonight, unfortunatly so am I, which means leaving two teenagers home alone. Luckily I am working locally and will definatly be able to run home and check on the little buggers.

Continued:

I made the hummus, and I definatly need a food processor, it didn't turn out quite as creamy as I had hoped, but still delicious. Have to take some to work tonight, I have a co-worker who loves hummus, she is actually the one who turned me on to it.

Last edited by kajajo; 03-09-2011 at 03:39 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there, have just caught up on your posts and it all sounds so familiar, but you are doing so well, that's great... Well done you. I too am not a great sleeper at times and recently I have felt very tired and lethargic, and I find if it is cold out as well I tend to shut down and spend the evening hibernating in my front of the TV instead of doing my housework or exercising. Congrats on resisting temptation, especially if the scales aren't co- operating, it's so easy to stay - stuff it, what's the point but then you feel so much worse later. Between us we can do this, my start weight was 174 and I have gone down to 165 a couple of weeks ago but today it's 167.5 so we've pretty much at the same point. Anyway off to work have a great day
Old 03-10-2011, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Worked last night and was really good with my eating, I ended up taking a bunch of fresh veggies and hummus, and because I didn't get much sleep before going in for the night I drank lots of coffee and diet coke just to stay awake. Heading to bed soon, but don't want to sleep too long as I am not working the rest of the week. It hasn't stopped raining here for 2 full days and I am getting tired of it, the only good thing is it has melted most of the snow, so hopefully when it dries up I will be able to get out walking without out getting covered in slush and mud.

My foot surgery is going to be delayed yet again, I had hoped to book it for May becaue that is when we are on shut down, but the only available date was May 31st, which is not good for me. I have asked them to put me on a cancellation list for April, but if that doesn't happen the surgery will probably get put off for a least a year. On the up side, I might be able to run for a whole summer this year, my plan was a 5K in October, but if I can get in enough practice and my foot holds out, I might even be able to do a 10K. For now just going to Aim for the 5.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Dee, sorry to hear that your surgery is delayed, does your foot give you much pain? Great that you had a good food night, and I am so impressed that you run. I have never been a runner, I played sports at school many years ago but running is so hard and I hate how everything jiggles about. I've been having a really rubbish week at work but have resisted the wine so far, how do I deal with cravings?.......badly! Tomorrow evening I'm off to the movies with my son and before that it is dinner out, I'm going to try, really try to make good choices. Have a good day.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Lizzie, I don't know if you can call what I do running, but its definatly faster than walking and everything bounces all over the place. I just tie it all down and wear really baggy clothes. As for my foot, its a bunion and it only hurts when I wear shoes, guess I don't live in the right climate to be going shoeless all the time so got to get it fixed eventually. I just hate the idea of taking time off work to get it fixed and as we have the Month of May off on shut down it would have been ideal, but the doctor can't get me in at that time.

Here is my journal rant for today:

Woke up to a winter world again, all the rain over the last 3 days must have turned to snow over night, according to the weather network it is too warm out to snow, guess someone forgot to relay that message to Mother Nature.

Speaking of Mother Nature, I am not due for a few more days and I am already feeling totally bloated and misserable, might have to stay off the scale for a few days so I don't get frustrated.

Not too worried about food today, eating breakfast then off to the dentist for a root canal, so probably won't be eating much the rest of the day. Speaking of the dentist my appointment is in an hour so I better get some food in me and get dressed.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Having just watched the scenes in Japan, I'm not going to complain about the weather here in N Ireland too much. I think I am just about through the menopause now so I don't get all that awful bloating and memory loss and feeling so low and bad temper (well not much). So you have a couple of areas of temptation this weekend like me, I know we can keep things under control but still enjoy ourselves, I'll check in with you later so keep that in mind. Good luck with dentist.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie I just wish I would get over menopause, I have been pre-menopausal since I was 36 years old, and after 11 years I am done with it. Night sweats, hot flashes etc and still get my monthly visitor. I just want it done with. Physically the doctor can't come up with any reason to help it along so I am stuck. Have a great weekend.

My daily rant:

I have come to the conclusion that getting my teeth done might not be a bad thing, the scale was definatly happy with me this morning, can't wait to report my loss for the week on Monday. I am still in some pain today so will probably keep to fairly soft foods for the day. This is going to mean eating at the hockey banquest might not work too well. May have to let hubby takes the boy for the meal and I will go after for the presentations. That would also solve my problem of what to eat while there.

So looks like today will be a laundry and cleaning day as I am definatly working nights next week, sleeping during the day is going to be a little more difficult than usual as the boys are on March break and will be home during the day, and being the typical teenage siblings they will spend part of that time argueing and waking me up. I have asked hubby to keep them as busy as possible and out of the house. I know one day they are going paint balling and another day I am sending them to the movies, just have to figure out the rest of the week. The older boy is refereeing 3 hockey tournaments over the week, but at his age and qualification there are only a few age groups he is able to ref, nothing over 12 year olds I believe, so it limits him in the amount of games he can do.

OK back to what I need to do today, I will call them my work agreements:

1- All the laundry, including stripping the beds
2- Clean the kitchen
3- Vacuum and sweep all floors
4- Clean the bathroom and downstairs shower (my least favorite)
5- Make dinners for the week (stuff the guys can heat up)
6- Bake banana bread, one regular, one sugar free/fat free

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.