Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11 >

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Old 02-21-2011, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 2/21/11

Good morning everybody, here goes another week and another clean food log on fitday. This week is going to be a little nuts, thank heaven the swim season is over.

Health and fitness goals:

1. Keep calories to 1,500 and 2,000 Fri-Sat.
2. Workout 6 hours.
3. Drink 96oz water.
4. Calorie deficit 3,500 for the week (average 500/day).
5. Limit grain based carbs to 2 servings/day or less.
6. Eat 5 servings of fruits & veggies/day.
7. Keep carbs to 45% or less.

Non-fitness goals:

8. Apply mascara 5X.
9. Average 6 items/day from the "LIST".
10. Clean out one small area of the basement.
11. Clean out pantry cupboards.
12. Clean 2 rooms daily (15 min each) and 1 load of laundry.
13. Finish DD's Bloomer dress.
14. Call Grandma.
15. Register for race and call SIL about same.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

I weighed in on my son's Wii Fit this morning. It was exactly 1 year since I had last used his. Up .3 kg. I guess that means the 13 pounds I've lost has gotten rid of was last year's gain. Now to get rid of the year before. It can go off quicker than it went on.

Goals this week:

Calories -- 1500 daily

Exercise -- 6 hours ( might all be Wed, THur and Friday, Do stretching yoga daily

journal - daily

Water - 64 oz minimum -- I always find this harder when away from home

Last edited by Kumochi; 02-21-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Followed my same old pattern... lose 1.5 lbs. during the week, gain it back on the weekend... someday I'll learn. Knowing I'm a "foodie", husband always comes home on Friday with a list of little known restaurants that he wants to try. I eat healthy, bring half home etc., etc., but I usually lose my weeks progress.

Food & Fitness:

1. Limit calories to 1200 and log everything.
2. Continually drink fluids all day long.
3. Balance pie chart. Add more protein.
4. Trail walk at least 3 times this week, weather permitting.
5. Get BMI back under 20.

Personal Goals:

1. Continue with "do something nice each day". (It's actually getting to be fun!)
2. Make sure daughter obtains necessary signatures by Friday's deadline. (18 in total!)
3. Try to keep mouth shut when husband says, "Oh look! I'm down another 5 lbs.!" while eating nothing but garbage.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies!

Health and Fitness:
1) -2100 cals for the week
2) workout 3 days
3) no cereal for the week
4) Avg a gallon of water/ day
5) Take Daily Vitamin... DAILY
6) Take Fish Oil daily
7) Avg 145g Protein (or more) per day
8) Avg 26% or lower fat for the week

**The next two I will only attempt once this week so I will no update until I attempt**
9) Bench Press 275#'s (shooting for my body weight +~100#)
10) Dead Lift 310#'s

Other:
1) Change the brakes on my car
2) hound Almeeker daily until she registers for the race

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-21-2011 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning everyone!

Am really frustrated this morning but trying not to let it get to me. I worked harder than ever last week. I'm on a 1500 cal/day limit, but every day last week was more like 1200-1300 (with the exception of one day that was 1600 due to the dreaded requisite slice of office-birthday-cake), and I worked out for a total of five hours (1 hour 5x per week -- 3xs straight cardio, 2x cardio/mixed strength). I was feeling great. I didn't weigh myself as it was my necessary female "week off" for weighing, but this morning I stepped on the scale to find that after the break in weighing to account for crazy hormones and water weight, I was only .3 lbs. down in about 10 days. I've been losing very slowly since I hit about 205 lbs. lost, and I'm not sure what the problem is. (I hit 205 on February 8th)

Very frustrated. I know that the numbers will come, but it's difficult not to get that rewarded weight. I'm approaching 200 lbs (am 203.4 right now) and I really want to get beyond that threshold in a bad way! I keep telling myself it's water weight, or that it's just from starting to mix in strength and it's inflammation, but it's hard to keep telling myself day in and day out

Anyway, I'm not going to let it get to me!! I will keep on keeping on and knowing that it's doing the right thing.

Goals for this week:

1) Keep up the 5 days per week working out (will probably be M T W F Sat, as I have to work out at night and I must get up SUPER early on Friday morning for a doc's appointment, so I will rest Thursday and make sure I get to bed early) -- 2x strength, 3x cardio, aiming for 60 mins. per day.

2) Drink 64 oz. water daily

3) Keep under 1500 cals every day

4) No boxed foods for lunch!

5) Go to bed at a decent hour (by 11:00) and get my 8 hours sleep

6) Don't step on the scale until Friday

Non-weight goals:

6) Don't fret about doc's appointment on Friday

7) Finish corrections on my book by Friday so publisher will not have a cow.

8) Clean the guest bathroom!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

I've gotten so much done with these goals and the support here, I'm not going to change too much! If it ain't broke, don't fix it, as they say. I swear, it's a lot harder to put stuff off, knowing I have to be accountable. I think my eating slipped a few days this week; the pie was balanced, just too many calories, so need to watch that as well again. I'm in the same pattern as Quinn, apparently!

1. Balance the pie chart (no numbers, just balance).
2. Achieve a 250 calorie deficit daily.
3. Sleep 7 hours a night.
4. Turn off all the electronics at least half an hour before bed, and read.
5. Exercise outside one day this week, preferably two.
6. Exercise at least once this week with friends and/or family members.
7. Incorporate a stretching/flexibility workout into the mix twice this week.
8. Dress nicely and make an effort at minimal makeup even if not working that day; the pushed-for-time grad student look is old now.
9. Meditate on three things daily I'm grateful for.

Practical stuff:

10. One office organizational task daily.
11. One room's trim painted (long shot-we're at a tournament next weekend and that shoots that, but school is out this week and work is slow, so maybe it will happen).
12. Keep working on short, mid and long range financial plans with hubby.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

The scales will reward you soon. Look for other signs of change and be proud of yourself for sticking with it. Mary
Old 02-21-2011, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kumochi
The scales will reward you soon. Look for other signs of change and be proud of yourself for sticking with it. Mary
Hi Mary,

If this is for me, then thanks. I need to hear it. I've been noticing a better fit on my jeans and clinging to that like a drowning woman clinging to a life preserver I'm just a numbers-oriented person so that always gives me the biggest boost.

~Terri
Old 02-21-2011, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I've been noticing a better fit on my jeans and clinging to that like a drowning woman clinging to a life preserver I'm just a numbers-oriented person so that always gives me the biggest boost.
Terri, I highly encourage you to take your measurements and take photos along the way. I was in the exact same boat... exercising, eating right, and the damn scale was not cooperating but I took my measurements and during a one month period I lost a whopping 3 inches off my waist and had only lost 3 pounds on the scale. I also took pictures. The before and after did not look like a 3-pound loss but more like a 10-pound loss. Just keep doing what you are doing! Don't give up and the results will please you.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,
Cassie, thanks for answering my "balance" question from last week!

Eating goals for this week:
-4 days of weights plus cardio
-track everything, stay w/in WW pts
-stay positive, even if the scale this week only goes down 0.2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.